Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i had fun tanking in wrath and i enjoy healing now with holy power but i have a hard time in any other spec using holy power but thats probly more me than the game. it was a lot easier without HP tho so i think thats what everyone remembers more from wrath.

While you're at it, can I have my stunlocks and ridiculously overpowered ambushes back? Thanks. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordrevangr View Post
    Also , Seal Of Blood......
    ya in 5.0 they're bringing back seal of command. I would rather have SoB than SoC any day! I also agree with OP, I hate HoPo in ret, all its good for is holy, yet holy is still viable w/o HoPo easily. Make LoD and WoG cost mana and have a 15second shared CD or something.

And on a bit of a side note, anyone else see how they're making DS suck again in 5.0? I like how they fixed it in 4.2 or 4.1 (can't remember), and are screwing it up again!

Quote Originally Posted by Donalduckadin View Post
    And having Holy Wrath in our current rotation isn't?
    It is which is why people don't like it either and it will be removed for Ret and Prot come 5.0 because we thought it was.

To the OP, as of now Holy Power > WotLK rotation. With the 5.0 changes Holy Power is going to be a lot better to deal with and not be as annoying as it is now. As someone else said if you want to play your character like you did in WotLK go level an Arcane Mage because have a 3 button rotation which you could literally roll your head on your keyboard for is stupid, anyone with a retribution paladin could be good and that's not the case anymore.

---------- Post added 2011-11-25 at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darkchickens View Post
    ya in 5.0 they're bringing back seal of command. I would rather have SoB than SoC any day! I also agree with OP, I hate HoPo in ret, all its good for is holy, yet holy is still viable w/o HoPo easily. Make LoD and WoG cost mana and have a 15second shared CD or something.

And on a bit of a side note, anyone else see how they're making DS suck again in 5.0? I like how they fixed it in 4.2 or 4.1 (can't remember), and are screwing it up again!
    We still have Seal of Command, it's just a talent that improves our current Seals. The new one is just a crappy version of Seal of Righteous that you'll get to use at level 3. At it's current state Holy Power is boring to deal with but it's definitely a lot more entertaining then rolling your face on your keyboard which is what was possible in WotLK. With the 5.0 changes where we get more HP generators I find it will be a lot more entertaining. The DS change makes sense, they are giving us 2 finishers for both Prot and Ret. Shield of the Righteous/Templar's Verdict = Single target finisher and Divine Storm will be our AoE finisher, in other words you have to use your brain on which you want to use.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zyzz View Post
    Seriously who else thinks ret paladins were so much more fun in wotlk.

I want devine storm back in my single target rotation.
    I couldnt give a fuck about holy power, the only thing it does is cause a boring and pathetic rotation
    I want burst
    I want to actually have a chance to kill something in pvp
    I want to play a paladin in wotlk again. i couldnt care if it was a 3 button smash it was still WAY more fun then what they are in their current state.
    I want to see judgement actually cause some serious damage again.

thank you for reading

Well, the good news is that it appears as if HP will become increasingly irrelevant for melee.

The bad news is that this is a bad thing. Divine Storm in a ST rotation was and is bad. Burst has its place but too much burst is bad.

LK Paladin was fun. But it was also flawed. It was pure genius compared to the way the class is now but still flawed.

Any combat system implemented in a game has to be fun. In a multiplayer game, it must also be balanced.

HP, as a result, is a necessity.

The problem here isn't with HP. HP is a variation on a standard CP system and we know - from other classes, other games - that such systems work. Indeed, the rogue sytem is held up as an example of how a resource system should be implemented.

The issue isn't HP.
    The real problem is the way it was implemented.

The system lacks an energy equivalent to provide control.
    It scales poorly from pip to pip
    There is no incentive for use at <3 HP.
    There are no where near enough finishers.
    HP generation is very slow

And so on.

This is all compounded by other factors such as the poorly designed rotation and the limitations of the talents and mechanics used to emulate energy.

HP isn't the problem.It doesn't deserve to be removed. But it can be improved and the class should get the mechanics and toolkit it needs.

EJL

I don't mind holy power too terribly much, I just wish I had more buttons to press as ret. It gets a little old watching for cooldowns, I have the same problem with enhance shammies and fury warriors.

I understand cooldowns are the dps limiters for non-casters/energy users, but it's really, really annoying in ret's case. There's several GCDs in a row where I have no buttons to press because of long no-proc strings.

Granted I've never seriously played a ret paladin, but.. meh.

At least prot has most GCDs filled, with a few that require standing there waiting for crusader strike to come off CD where I can toss out a situation button. Rotations like that are fine (tough I really miss the 9/6 rotation) but rotations that are heavily proc dependent to keep from long strings of open GCDs bores me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirgon View Post
    There's several GCDs in a row where I have no buttons to press because of long no-proc strings.
    Working as intended. They don't want any class-spec chain-casting instant abilities all the time. I hated it in Wrath as an enhancement shaman (LB-SS-Shock-Nova-LL-Magma-LB-Shock-Nova-SS-LL-LB-Nova-Shock-Magma...), because I never actually saw the fights unless I was dead (...LB-SS-Shock-LL-LB-MagFUCKDEFILE). I honestly don't see how being a paladin would've made it any different.
    Now, THIS thing? THIS thing is horrible. It's just awful. It was awful at 60 and it was awful at 58. It's awful at 45. If this dropped off a mob in Wailing Caverns when you were level 17 and being run through by a higher level character, you would equip it ONLY because you don't have trinkets at that level, and it would STILL SUCK.
    -Wowhead user on the Lion Horn of Stormwind, an epic from the era of so-called "EPIC" epics.

Tbh, i love rets alot in cata, they got massive burst and there pretty dangerous, but i seriously want divine storm back...