Deleted

The problem is not the single tanking encounters.

The problem is many tanks have no off spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do.

I kinda like single tank encounters tbh. Gives us tanks a little break from taking hits.
    Warlock (SL main)

Then those tanks (at least one of them) should get one.

And while you might think you're a special snowflake, your opinion still wasn't unique enough to start a new topic on the same subject.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...this-situation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    you might think you're a special snowflake
    Don't be so hard on yourself. You're a special snowflake too.

Infracted - Wilderness
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2011-11-25 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    Really? I don't think I've met a tank since dual spec was introduced that doesn't have an offspec of some description. Most of ours have offspec gear better than their main spec... Doesn't take much to gear from all the junk drops that would otherwise get sharded.

Deleted
    Well. If you want to describe it, I think a lot of tanks are how can I say it politely, focused on tanking only.

There are also the occasional pvp offspecs but those are generally weak PvErs (if there is no 3rd spec) but also that may be related to the first.

All the tanks I have raided with either have a dps or healing os.

Is fun to play a diff role every once and a while instead of doing the same thing every week.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Really? I don't think I've met a tank since dual spec was introduced that doesn't have an offspec of some description. Most of ours have offspec gear better than their main spec... Doesn't take much to gear from all the junk drops that would otherwise get sharded.
    I didn't have an offspec whilst I was playing. I chose to tank because I wanted to tank and not DPS. If I was forced to go DPS then I wouldn't raid because it didn't interest me in the slightest. So there, you've just met a tank that didn't have an offspec.

Deleted
    Don't be so hard on yourself. You're a special snowflake too.
    Nice one OP. Maybe check the ongoing thread, before making yet another thread about it. If you wanna see people's opinion on this, maybe go check the other thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Nice one OP. Maybe check the ongoing thread, before making yet another thread about it. If you wanna see people's opinion on this, maybe go check the other thread?
    First world problems. I had to click another thread.

Deleted
    well, i dont like to dps on my DK.

so im ONLY a tank, and yes, its no problem in my guild =)

That is the responsibility of the Guild Master or Raid Leader. If you can't make your members prepare themselves properly for the raid, then you're doomed to failure.

The real problem is that tanks want to experience all the content, not only half of it because they happen to be an OT. And when I say experience it, I mean as a tank with your shield out, not sitting back in a DPS spot. I don't want to be unable to tank 50% of fights just because the guilds MT has the better gear and is an officer, and as a tank leader I don't want to see my tanks have to put up with sitting as a dps for a whole day of wipes on a progress fight.

Let the tanks be tanks.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    Then make 1 of 2 tanks get dps spec or get some other dps for that encounter. Not big deal imo.

Many Prot Warriors recommend having two Prot specs to maximize for single-target and AOE tanking, respectively. That said, the issue is still that a tank's offspec is going to 9/10 times be less geared than a MS DPS, which makes it more attractive for a high-end guild to either bench the second tank for half of the raid, or force the second tank to be mainspec DPS and offspec tank, or get rid of them entirely in favor of a mainspec DPS who can also tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Many Prot Warriors recommend having two Prot specs to maximize for single-target and AOE tanking, respectively. That said, the issue is still that a tank's offspec is going to 9/10 times be less geared than a MS DPS, which makes it more attractive for a high-end guild to either bench the second tank for half of the raid, or force the second tank to be mainspec DPS and offspec tank, or get rid of them entirely in favor of a mainspec DPS who can also tank.
    We raid with a Prot Warr and Blood DK tank, the DK switching to Frost when he's not needed as a tank.
    In a 10man raid with only one MS plate dps, and the rng we've had, our dk's OS dps gear is on par with our MS dps =p

Quote Originally Posted by Ignisami View Post
    We raid with a Prot Warr and Blood DK tank, the DK switching to Frost when he's not needed as a tank.
    In a 10man raid with only one MS plate dps, and the rng we've had, our dk's OS dps gear is on par with our MS dps =p
    He's lucky then. I raid in a 10-man with a Frost DK and a Fury Warrior and I've gotten exactly four pieces of OS gear (not counting what I can buy with VP as VP all went to tanking first obviously): a haste/mastery chest, a hit/mastery gauntlets, apparatus of khaz'goroth, and the trinket from Rag.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a 7 page thread on the front page of these forums about the # of single tank fights in current and upcoming content. No need for another.