Thread: Anno 2070

Anno 2070

It's great yet again ! The anno series just never fails ^^

So share with me : what goals do you set yourself for the endless game mode ?
    Ecce homo ergo elk

I just bought it today, still playing the campaign, so I don't have any goals yet.

awesome game! in the demo I stopped at the menu screen and listened to this song for like 30 mins, before I even begin playing lol. the soundtracks/voice acting is seriously good
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q8bF5XP9pY

15+ Year Old Account
    what is this game about anyways? is it like Simcity or something except in the future? i saw the trailer.

City building. Never played Sim city, so i can not realy compare

Basicaly, you build a city, the inhabitants have desires ( like food ), you fulfill them, they level up and have new desires ( like sushi ), etc etc. Over time, the resources management and the trading routes management is a huge part. YOu dont have unlimited space either. Then you colonise the map, concer new islands, trade with other civilisations, and depending on the goals of the map you trade, you atack, you build stuff etc.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    Looks really good, will look into buying it when I get my new gaming rig up and running, been a while since I've played any management games. Is there any sort of customisation in the faction's buildings? from the trailer I watched the Eco guys have really clean aesthetically pleasing looking architecture while the Tycoon architecture looked bland and boring although they style would suit me more I think.

I completed one continous game on hard difficulty with the following settings:
    - 250.000 credits
    - 1000 credits positive balance
    - 2500 inhabitants
    And it turned out to be quite easy. I remembered 2500 inhabitants being a lot from earlier Anno games but in this one it's not very impressive.

You can compare Anno to Simcity but they're not quite the same. Simcity is on a larger scale, for example you're building a whole block of industry. Anno on the other hand does not have "industry" just like that but many different buildings that produce certain goods. For example, the Eco want Health Food at one point in game (it's icon looks like Sushi). To produce Health Food, you need to build Rice Farms and Vegetable Farms, and a final building to combine the two ingredients to actual Health Food. Some productions chains are much more complicated. They may require you to settle multiple islands (with different fertilities), to get all the resources that you need.

About the customisation: no you can't customize buildings. Or, actually you can with items (not unlike gear in WoW), that give your warehouses extra transporters or reduces the energy requirement for public buildings. Aesthetically the buildings don't change, though. The reason that Tycoon places look bland is because of the low Eco balance on the island. Later on in a continous game you can get access to both Eco and Tycoon technology, allowing you to use Eco buildings to clean up the air, making your Tycoon island look shiny again

Hey I just had a question about the game, just bought it on steam, installed it, and the first intro and E.V.E. talking etc it all worked.
    But then I wanted to play the campaign and the game loaded and I ended up seeing nothing but black, I could select things, I got missions and the like.

So I updated my videocard drivers and then tried it again with a random game and again the same, I took a screenshot of it:

Now is this because of my video card (Which is kind of old it's an ATI HD 4850) or something else? I'd like to know this before I upgrade my card so I hope someone here can give me the answer to that.

Kind regards, Schinto.

Fixed nevermind!
    Last edited by Schinto; 2011-11-29 at 12:19 AM.

Just started playing the other day, it's an amazing game. The tutorial (aka campaign mode) leaves a lot unsaid and I had to do a fair bit of googling to find out how to achieve certain things but it was all worth it in the end. Playing on endless mode atm on easy while I learn the ropes

Deleted
    Bought it a week ago or something. It's complex yet fun. Though it may be because I love games like this and civilization etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks very interesting, can't wait to pick it up on christmas sale 8D
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

It is great and horribly addictive, wanting to just keep building a bit more made me late for work and I'm not even that far through, yeah it's a great game if you love the Civilization Games or other such of the genre, very polished game.

Also what hasn't been mentioned so far is that there's new quests popping up regularly and the players vote on the current world leader which provides appropriate "buffs" depending on who wins the vote.

I'm looking at buying this game, but still not sure how it works. Is it like Caesar III, and the Master of Olympus Zeus/Poseidon games, where you build your town, build food/industry to make it grow, and build military to fend off attacks? It sounds like that's what it's most similar to.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was interested in the game, but is the god awful DRM still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Blergy View Post
    I'm looking at buying this game, but still not sure how it works. Is it like Caesar III, and the Master of Olympus Zeus/Poseidon games, where you build your town, build food/industry to make it grow, and build military to fend off attacks? It sounds like that's what it's most similar to.
    That would be a decent comparison, except in the Anno games you actually see the opponents on the map.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/d...1404/demo.html

Here's a demo for Anno1404. Anno2070 is exactly the same playstyle (except in 2070 you can also go underwater) and it's ofcourse graphically more advanced.
    Anno1404 is still a great looking game and if you haven't played any Anno games I can really recommend at least trying the demo.

If it's your type of game it can keep you entertained for 100+ hours. I know I was.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."