Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing an assassin inquisitor on live, kind of set in stone after playing it in beta Love the playstyle and the STORY!

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People rolling Snipers with "boom headshot" AWP mentality amuse me. They will get extremely dissapoint. It plays like hunter without pet
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    im sure bioware will eventually have the classes balanced where say a Smuggler can take out a SI.
    This is a core problem with the game, IMO; by all rights Force users should absolutely dominate non-Force users but I assume they will consider game balance before realism (realism here being true to the setting). If anything, they know the Force classes are more popular and will balance to keep the non-Force ones as attractive as possible. I imagine people are going to be unhappy when it sinks in that Jedi/Sith are just other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Bounty hunters are fun.

Playing Sith Assassin, Trooper Vanguard and Jedi Sage. Testing out the Vanguard as I type this actually. Loads of fun and stockstrike just makes me laugh every time because of the sound and the idea of just knocking someone out.

if ill play ill go trooper and bounty hunter.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    by all rights Force users should absolutely dominate non-Force users
    Jango Fett vs Obi-Wan in Camino fight says otherwise

Anyways, assumptions of Force being the supreme power are stupid. A Jedi is a normal person who takes advantage of the Force, the same way a BH takes advantage of power technology. Same powers, different tools

Its like stating no one can beat Superman... well, there you have Batman. A simple human with nice gadgets (a BH on essence). Damn, even that bitch Lex Luthor made his life hard sticking kryptonite in the right places
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Leveled a Sith Warrior to 10 last night. I'm going to try the trooper today. I'm torn between the inquister and the imperial agent. I'll probably level up 1 each and alternate between the two.

I have made the decision not to play any of the classes I want to go with for my main so I experience the story relatively "fresh" when the game goes live. I'll also probably try a Jedi guardian and maybe a BH before the end of the weekend. I just want to get through the starting story and get to the capital worlds before monday for those characters and I'll be happy.

No reason to invest more than 10 hours into a character that's going to get wiped after the weekend is over.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

The Jedi/Sith stories have always interested me more in Star Wars. It would be nothing special without them :/ Its pretty obvious the Force classes will be the most popular, sadly, but its not hard to understand why people want to play them. But anyway I had fun with the IA so far, gonna try a few more classes soon. If I like one of the Force classes more I'll play it...its about having fun playing.

KOTOR and KOTOR 2 were excellent, except for the absolute ravaging of suspention of disbelief that was a "vibroblade" blocking a lightsaber. It would feel....wrong for me to be a non-Jedi or Sith and end up in melee combat with a lightsaber-wielding enemy and laugh as my....armor...deflects their lightsaber. I can appreciate the other classes being in the game, but I wouldn't play as one.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

Imma go with Jedi Consular.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must say that Boba Fett was a really shallow character, movie wise, but he's cool.
    Force wise I agree, I love the imperial agent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Here's a reason--because I'm having way more fun on my Bounty Hunter than I had on my Inquisitor or on my Sith Warrior.

It seems like the only way to play a melee class is to go with a force user.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im playing an Imperial Agent, force sensitive classes dont really appeal to me, although it totally depends on what faction my friends are going to be playing. If they go for Empire then ill be playing an Agent with either an inquisitor or warrior alt. If im playing Republic, then ill probably be playing a consular shadow or a sentinel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap... just got out from a whole day playing Trooper...

yeah they're going to be my First Dps alt... possibly even my main (Vanguard Dps FTW) they're just SSOO frakkin fun to play, and the story is AAWWEESSOOMMEE..

but...... well ask me again tomorrow after i've spent the day on an IA Sniper
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I find the concept of being an average Joe with armor/guns going up against the "God-like in comparison" Sith and Jedi much more appealing than the concept of being a "God-like in comparison" Sith or Jedi going up against an average Joe with armor/guns.

Though I know the game will be completely balanced so this won't apply.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Honestly, they're way worse than any Jedi or Sith fanatic you can find because they're like OMG BERBA FERT CERD LERK TERTERLY BLER ERP THER DERTH STERR WERTH WERN HERND N STERF.
    I read this in Princess Lumpy's voice, and lol'd.

Bounty Hunter story was great for me, which includes owning some powerful Sith force users, so he does not feel underpowered at all. I got him to 19 and will probably stop there so the rest of the story is new at launch.

Alright so I've just skimmed some stuff my brother and friends have shown me. The reason I want to play a Jedi is because they are supposed to play like warriors from wow which has been my favorite class for about 5 years straight. I have more than one warrior in wow so I'm assuming I'll enjoy jedi.