Deleted

Help with pheripherals

Okay so i wanna buy a new computer and while i do have the processor and the video card down, i'm pretty clueless when it comes to the rest of it. The processor i think about is the Intel® Core™ i7-3930K (12M Cache, 3.20 GHz) and the video card is nVidia GeForce GTX 570. I'm interested in the following:

-motherboard |
    -power supply | - that can accommodate the processor and the gpu.
    -coolers |
    -RAM |
    -and whatever else i might need.

I'm also interested in what would be a good gaming monitor. I'm aiming for a Samsung 24" full HD resolution but i'm open to suggestions like something decent i can use both for gaming and multimedia (like watching HD films).

And last but not least what gaming keyboard is best for MMOs or just gaming in general?

Yeah i know i probably sound like a noob but i'm not good when it comes to these sort of things and its my first major upgrade in 5 years so any help/suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

i7-3930K is not really a gaming processor, i5-2500K is far better in price/performance. Computer build help forum has plenty of sticking outlining reasonable part lists in various price ranges for baseline.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to computer build help subsection.

that's a server-grade processor which means it costs half a kidney.
    I'd get a i2500k and a 580 or dual 6950s and go for surround/eyefinity with the rest of the money.

As for the monitor, LG have some pretty cheap and damn nice IPS offerings, while samsung have decent 'gaming' monitor with 2ms r.time

PSU - i'd go for a 650 for a 580 or a 750 for a dual 6950.
    As for the Heatsink - A Hyper212.
    RAM - Doesnt matter really, whatever I find on newegg, probably 12800 G-SKILL 6GB or 8GB
    Mobo - I'd go with a z68. Asus/MSI/EVGA/Gigabyte
    Harddisk - I'd take a 1tb Spinpoint, since they're so damn expensive atm and a 64gb SSD.

As far as keyboards/mice go - There's alot of brands on the market, there's no "BEST" - Get whatever appeals to you.

i7 3930k is for enthusiasts more than gamers, get an i5 2500k:

Otherwise, what is your budget -- judging from you picking out a $550 CPU knowing you needed all of that it can't be small.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    i7 3930k is for enthusiasts more than gamers, get an i5 2500k:

Otherwise, what is your budget -- judging from you picking out a $550 CPU knowing you needed all of that it can't be small.
    As i said i'm not good at picking these kind of things up so i just went with what seemed to be the best processor on Intel's site . My budget is around 1500-2000 euros if need be, but i'm not really keen on spending all that money if i can find something cheaper. All i need is a system that can run WoW at ultra settings basically. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Thanks for that, I'll take a closer look when i have some more time cause at glance it seems a bit messy to me

dude, you can run wow on ultra for 400ish euros ( GTS450 + i5 2500k ) or 1300 euros for a triple monitor setup.