Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ...
    I was able to explore quite a bit and find some hidden datacrons. I also jumped over rocks and mountains and definitely skipped to areas I should not have been in. If you mean like being able to swim around continents like in WoW then I have not seen that yet. Some of this is just the difference between playing on different planets for zones and playing on two continents where everything is mapped out. Still, there are lots of neat side areas with elite mobs that drop rare items, datacrons, gathering areas, heroic quests, etc. I played Rift a large amount and this game has just as much room to explore as Rift did. You can jump over mountains and such just like in Rift - at least I certainly did. Can you skip entire zones? Not that I have seen, but again this comes down to design (planet vs. arbitrary borders on zones).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maloreon View Post
    I was able to explore quite a bit and find some hidden datacrons. I also jumped over rocks and mountains and definitely skipped to areas I should not have been in. If you mean like being able to swim around continents like in WoW then I have not seen that yet. Some of this is just the difference between playing on different planets for zones and playing on two continents where everything is mapped out. Still, there are lots of neat side areas with elite mobs that drop rare items, datacrons, gathering areas, heroic quests, etc. I played Rift a large amount and this game has just as much room to explore as Rift did. You can jump over mountains and such just like in Rift - at least I certainly did. Can you skip entire zones? Not that I have seen, but again this comes down to design (planet vs. arbitrary borders on zones).
    You can't swim at all in TOR.

And I personally am not grieving over that loss.

It contributes exactly zilch to WoW for example. Ok, maybe Vashjir. Otherwise - barely noticeable.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Same thing with House Organa on Aldeeran. I posted some screens in another thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...textures/page7
    Damn those textures on the environment just look so bland and empty, most stuff really is just bump mapping on big empty walls, to think it's on absolute maximum settings, same with armor, most of it is just being skintight texture changes with the odd extra model piece. Really feels like the game world is made out of "plastic" to me, might sound a bit strange but ya, stuff just does not feel "alive".

Also, is there no shadows? Besides the standard circle-shade under your feet that is.

Man I really wished they'd delay the release of the game with another 6 months or so atleast and work on polish.

Quote Originally Posted by xenaros View Post
    I played for 20 minutes, I didn't like the graphics, combat or UI. Reminded me of Vanguard, at least that has the excuse that it was made 5 years ago.
    You have to play longer. It keeps getting better and better the longer you play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    You have to play longer. It keeps getting better and better the longer you play.
    Why would you even bother responding to a post like that. It's not worth the energy wasted on the keystrokes.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Why would you even bother responding to a post like that. It's not worth the energy wasted on the keystrokes.
    Well I did play for 10-20 minutes at first and wasn't wowed Then I played for 2 hours, then 4 ... Smuggler at first I didn't like the cover mechanic, then I gave it a second chance and now scoundrel will be my main for when the game launches. Nothing beats throwing a grenade followed by rolling into cover, 1-2 more grenades and then kick in the groin to finish the last one standing.

It is possible that ppl discard the game without giving it a chance to show it's true quality. I read ppl saying that yeah it plays kind of like wow, but somehow it's just so much better and I didn't believe them. My bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    It is possible that ppl discard the game without giving it a chance to show it's true quality. I read ppl saying that yeah it plays kind of like wow, but somehow it's just so much better and I didn't believe them. My bad.
    You can't change people that are either close-minded or intent on hating the game from the start.

There are enough existing posts and reviews on this sub-forum describing the good points of the game. If they haven't convinced these players by now, they never will.

Don't bother.

Deleted
    You can't change people that are either close-minded or intent on hating the game from the start.

There are enough existing posts and reviews on this sub-forum describing the good points of the game. If they haven't convinced these players by now, they never will.

Don't bother.
    This x a million

I must have missed all those areas on two characters leveling up to 20 ish so they must have been well hidden, and I don't mean like swimming around, simply pick a point in your visual field in the distance and say 'wonder what's on top of that hill' and then go there to check.

As for being able to explore the same way as in Rift, you really need to go around trying to climb things more if you find it even remotely similar. While questing in TOR I found my self trying to avoid some mob packs on several occasions but where unable to as the slight incline at the side of the road was to steep to climb, now to put this in perspective, the incline would be something you would walk up with no effort in real life. In Rift I have been to the highest mountaintops in several zones, places where you thought 'there is no way I can climb that' before trying.

The lack of exploration isn't game breaking in any way but it's nice when it's there, makes the world a bit more mysterious, no game I played have yet to make it fully dynamic though, where you could go up the same hill a week later and encounter something random and fun/rare/strange just by being in the right place at the right time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I personally got stuck inside the rock every time I tried to jump over one