Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I just hope the regular people don't follow this example, the cruel spoiled brats and rednecks will bully your kid to insanity, it will affect it's life in many ways. Unnecessary problems and invisible walls in life that should be avoided.

> Name my son: Arthas.
    > But why, dad?
    > "My son, the day you were born the very forests of (my/your local dumpster) whispered the name, Arthas."
    > Fuck you dad, you ruined my life. Hope he was never born if it goes bad, like it does most of the time.

Don't be an idiot. Celebrity attention whoring.

As much time as I have spent on WoW and as much times the future mother of my children has spent on WoW....... if we had a girl child I don't see how her middle name could be anything other than Sylvanas. And Jane is a non starter LOL.

My worst fear as a father is that my child will want to play alliance fulltime

---------- Post added 2011-11-27 at 07:08 AM ----------

And if twin boys...... Ratchet and Clank.

10+ Year Old Account
    My daughter is going to be name Celes (Yes, like Celes Chere from the Final Fantasy games.) I played the games with my brothers when I was little and liked the name. My niece's middle name is also Celes. I was named after the sister twin in Escape from Witch Mountain. My family is also a little weird when it comes to nameing kids.

If the name isn't too weird I see no issue with naming your kid after a video game character. It's better than Kael'Thas (One of my old guildmates named their son that) by a long shot, and I dread the day when that kid hits school age and he has his name called out, oh the riducule that kid will get.

Also, Isn't this kind of old news? I remember hearing about this about 5-8 years ago...
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/swarfee
    GM of Clannada Draconis on Baelgun 3/8H Eternal Palace
    Swarfee: 120 Tauren Protection Paladin
    Swarfette: 120 Tauren Restoration Druid
    Swarfie: 120 Troll Arcane Mage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    again it doesnt matter because zelda was an actual name before the game. naming a child after a video game character with a name that has previously existed is not at all wierd in comparison to naming a child after a video game character with a name that originated from said video game.
    Well see, that's what I was getting at. How that doesn't really make a difference or relate to the point of the thread in any way. I know and have known for a long time that it's a real name that predates the gaming franchise, I just can't get into my head how THAT matters. While uncommon, it's not a weird name, and that's not what most of us here are trying to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarfie View Post
    My daughter is going to be name Celes (Yes, like Celes Chere from the Final Fantasy games.) I played the games with my brothers when I was little and liked the name. My niece's middle name is also Celes. I was named after the sister twin in Escape from Witch Mountain. My family is also a little weird when it comes to nameing kids.

If the name isn't too weird I see no issue with naming your kid after a video game character. It's better than Kael'Thas (One of my old guildmates named their son that) by a long shot, and I dread the day when that kid hits school age and he has his name called out, oh the riducule that kid will get.

Also, Isn't this kind of old news? I remember hearing about this about 5-8 years ago...
    Celes is a beautiful name! I also like the variant Ceres

I agree with you on this; if a name is not too weird, even if it is not a "real world name", its okay to use. Elune is totally okay in my eyes, Sylvanas isn't bad either.
    Its not bad being a bit creative with names really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

but it's not even wierd, the name existed before the game. would you get yourself in such a twist if you met someone named mario?
    If he had a neat story about how his parents played the first Super Mario Bros back in the 80s and thought it was a nice boy's name, yeah, I probably would think that was pretty cool.

---------- Post added 2011-11-27 at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixC13 View Post
    My son's name is Link... Should they date? Or should he be on a epic adventure to met her?
    Have him go beat up a giant blue boar and collect some magic triangles first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not like he names her Moon Unit or anything stupid like that. Zelda is a beautiful name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouni View Post
    Only rich and famous people can get away by giving names like that.

Average person would prob be bullied to suicide.
    Not true my cousins name is Zelda and she was never bullied.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    He got the idea for the name from the game, he named her Zelda BECAUSE of the game. I think you're completely missing the entire point of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post
    Well see, that's what I was getting at. How that doesn't really make a difference or relate to the point of the thread in any way. I know and have known for a long time that it's a real name that predates the gaming franchise, I just can't get into my head how THAT matters. While uncommon, it's not a weird name, and that's not what most of us here are trying to discuss.
    It'd be akin to naming your kid after mario. Its a name that predates the game, and is pretty common, so while yes you'd be naming it after a character, the name is in fact both real and normal. Now if you named your kid Bowser, or Ganon, or Link, or Koopa, then yea that would be weird. Those are clearly game specific names that originated from the game and they are not considered normal names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

It'd be akin to naming your kid after mario. Its a name that predates the game, and is pretty common, so while yes you'd be naming it after a character, the name is in fact both real and normal. Now if you named your kid Bowser, or Ganon, or Link, or Koopa, then yea that would be weird. Those are clearly game specific names that originated from the game and they are not considered normal names.
    What's your point? He named his daughter after Zelda from the game. There isn't anything to argue, because we all know that Zelda was a name before the game.

Guess what. Jack Skellington existed before Skelington. Skelington did not name himself after Skellington. But... they sound the same! And Skellington came first! How can Skelington have not taken his name from that?!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to name my child ultralisk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I'm going to name my child ultralisk.
    Zelda, Ultralisk, same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    No joke, A girl i knew from high school had a kid like 2 years ago and named her child Sephiroth. /wrists

Also, and please restrain yourselves from bashing me, But from Sebrina the teenage witch, Her aunts name was Zelda. Its not that bizarre of a name.

Hehe, that is pretty cool Before I watched the video I was almost sure she was named rather after Zelda Fitzgerald, than Zelda the game

My nephew was born last night. His first & middle names are James Tiberius. Maybe not as widely recognizable as "Zelda" but every Sci-Fi geek I've told has given that news a smiling thumbs up.

You're completely missing the entire point.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-11-28 at 04:08 AM.

Zelda

Zelda is coooool!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    You're completely missing the entire point.
    so are you
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

10+ Year Old Account
    I love his beard XD

Zelda is a beautiful name.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory