Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    The GPU is very weak, though. Just so you know.

EDIT: Other than that, it's a very good deal.
    It'd go for like ~1200 USD in Sweden.
    I personally use a single 550 Ti in my computer, I haven't ever dipped below 60 frames in WoW, SCII or Amnesia, the Dark Descent.
    While the GPU may be weaker than some others on the market, It's still not the worst, and will work wonders @1600x900

Edit: http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/OPS/...GTX-550-Ti-OPS
    "Holybuckets May 17, 2010 - 7:36 PM :your 3s team rating is amazing, is there any way you could write something up or make a video from the holy pally perspective? my 3s beast cleave is having a hard time getting past 1600. its really hard to find info on beast cleave."

Quote Originally Posted by joshduarte6 View Post
    I personally use a single 550 Ti in my computer, I haven't ever dipped below 60 frames in WoW, SCII or Amnesia, the Dark Descent.
    While the GPU may be weaker than some others on the market, It's still not the worst, and will work wonders @1600x900
    how well will it run games like TOR i heard its really GPU heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    but will it run games in ultra settings in at-least 30 fps like josh said?
    is it better than my GPU?
    if both are yes then im sold
    I currently have that card, it runs pretty good, 35-50 fps. You will need to turn down the shadows, but over all its not bad for 'now' Save up some money, and you can shell out on a decent card down the road.
    "My sword? [Heck] yeah I know how to use it. What's to understand about swish-swish-stab? It's a [freak'n] sword dude, it's not a fighter jet." -Tucker "This One Goes to Eleven

i've been playing beta on my macbook pro on ultra at 45 fps
    lol swtor is pretty easy on the gpu, i wouldn't doubt 60 fps on this computer

Last edited by joshduarte6; 2011-11-26 at 05:30 AM.
    "Holybuckets May 17, 2010 - 7:36 PM :your 3s team rating is amazing, is there any way you could write something up or make a video from the holy pally perspective? my 3s beast cleave is having a hard time getting past 1600. its really hard to find info on beast cleave."

It's very much better than your GPU. I'm probably a bit too picky. It's a very good deal. Very. As long as you keep your monitor as-is. :P

Edit: http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/OPS/...GTX-550-Ti-OPS
    Uh. WoW and SCII are CPU-based games. You can run a much worse GPU as long as you have a good CPU.
    In that low resolution, though, yea. It'll work.
    And you also have dipped below 60 frames, even 60 frames per second in those games.

i've been playing beta on my macbook pro on ultra at 45 fps
    lol swtor is pretty easy on the gpu, i wouldn't doubt 60 fps on this computer
    for real?

hell yeah im getting that for early access

the thing what about my memory like games and apps/program on my old computer? is there a way to transfar the data into the new computer? i dont think i can buy minecraft and all the other crap i got over the course of years again

It's very much better than your GPU. I'm probably a bit too picky. It's a very good deal. Very. As long as you keep your monitor as-is. :P

Uh. WoW and SCII are CPU-based games. You can run a much worse GPU as long as you have a good CPU.
    In that low resolution, though, yea. It'll work.
    And you also have dipped below 60 frames, even 60 frames per second in those games.

All I do is arena in wow, and 1v1 in sc2 anyway

Most likely not on Ultra, especially high texture filtering. The 550ti performs about the same as an ATI 6770, which is an entry level gaming card.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

for real?

hell yeah im getting that for early access

the thing what about my memory like games and apps/program on my old computer? is there a way to transfar the data into the new computer? i dont think i can buy minecraft and all the other crap i got over the course of years again
    you could just buy an external case at frys or something and hook it up via usb to your computer and transfer stuff
    you could put the actual drive in the computer you'll buy

you could just buy an external case at frys or something and hook it up via usb to your computer and transfer stuff
    ill do the first option... 1TB harddrive is godlike and im not going to give it up for my current 280G HD

10+ Year Old Account
    The GPU is very weak, though. Just so you know.

EDIT: Other than that, it's a very good deal.
    It'd go for like ~1200 USD in Sweden.
    "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti; this GPU provides outstanding graphics for all of your most intense games" But the seller says it can run all of your intense games on outstanding graphics!

No really, it is a decent gpu for his pricerange :P It certainly isn't the best.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

If he remembers his login details for everything, most companies will let you download a program again once you've bought it. (i.e. Minecraft is free to download, but you need an account that's bought it to play).
    Thanks Soko<3

ill do the first option... 1TB harddrive is godlike and im not going to give it up for my current 280G HD
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...233&CatId=2783 you'll need something like that

DEPENDING on what kind of drive your current is, i would assume it's sata as that is what most are these days.

just rip it apart, and you'll see how to connect it, if not you can youtube it and i'm sure there's something there for you.

As they said earlier you should wait a little before you buy an hdd unless your really low on space.. I was lucky to pick up 4 additional TB of hdd's a couple of weeks before because one of my 1tb externals broke .. so i was left with a lonely 1tb! so now im up to around 5 =).

Also build it yourself, its pretty easy. Just follow the instructions in the manual and you are set. It took me a couple of hours to get it done the first time but damn is it fun! And it might just be my paranoia but i would recomend using some latex gloves or something incease you have a charge in your fingers.. It kinda sucks if you were to fry something before it's even started.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Most likely not on Ultra, especially high texture filtering. The 550ti performs about the same as an ATI 6770, which is an entry level gaming card.
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    No really, it is a decent gpu for his pricerange :P It certainly isn't the best.
    Not in 1920x1080 no. But he plays in 1600x900, which is 69.4% of the pixels.
    &nbsp;

actually guys... i thought about something

you think 1 of you guys could build a PC for me for 700$ max and i can give 50$ to whoever does it? ill pay for shipping and i just asked my dad if i could use his paypal

no offense josh to your suggestion but i though id try this

if no1 wants to give it a shot and ill go with joshs rig

you think 1 of you guys could build a PC for me for 700$ max and i can give 50$ to whoever does it? ill pay for shipping and i just asked my dad if i could use his paypal
    I wouldn't trust anyone on the net for this lol
    Take a look in your phonebook, or do a google search, check craigslist etc... There's nerds everywhere, I'm sure you can find someone to do it for you rather than hhaving to risk it on mmo-champ

I wouldn't trust anyone on the net for this lol
    Take a look in your phonebook, or do a google search, check craigslist etc... There's nerds everywhere, I'm sure you can find someone to do it for you rather than hhaving to risk it on mmo-champ
    then do you have a website that will do it for me for 50?

no offense josh to your suggestion but i though id try this

if no1 wants to give it a shot and ill go with joshs rig
    I would be hesitant on doing this. There will be people everywhere trying to scam you, so I would advice against it.
    The PC you got suggested is a very good deal. I'm not trying to push you into anything, but I wouldn't trust anonymous people on the Internet with actual physical hardware at their physical location.
    &nbsp;

then do you have a website that will do it for me for 50?
    I don't know of any, nor would I trust any, I would honestly do it myself.
    I was in your position a year ago, I just did it myself, it's pretty straight-forward and easy to do.

http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Computer

Or once, again you can youtube it.

I would be hesitant on doing this. There will be people everywhere trying to scam you, so I would advice against it.
    The PC you got suggested is a very good deal. I'm not trying to push you into anything, but I wouldn't trust anonymous people on the Internet with actual physical hardware at their physical location.

this^