Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I would be hesitant on doing this. There will be people everywhere trying to scam you, so I would advice against it.
    The PC you got suggested is a very good deal. I'm not trying to push you into anything, but I wouldn't trust anonymous people on the Internet with actual physical hardware at their physical location.
    understood... thought it could happen but i guess josh just got me a deal lol

Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    understood... thought it could happen but i guess josh just got me a deal lol
    Just about any mom and pops computer shop will do it for you. Prices will vary depending on the store, of course.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I put together a sample build from a store. It's not super special, but hey.
    It would be an alternative.
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DPB1T

o yeah just realize something... im not going to use their default mouse and keyboard because im extremely used to my own(the letter a is completely gone)

do you think if i call costumer support i could get a few bucks off of the price if they dont include them in?

do you think if i call costumer support i could get a few bucks off of the price if they dont include them in?
    Nope, they're usually just in the box, so they'd have to open your box etc to do so, which would be a pain.

you could just sell them on craigslist, or ebay, or donate them, that's what I'd do
    "Holybuckets May 17, 2010 - 7:36 PM :your 3s team rating is amazing, is there any way you could write something up or make a video from the holy pally perspective? my 3s beast cleave is having a hard time getting past 1600. its really hard to find info on beast cleave."

I put together a sample build from a store. It's not super special, but hey.
    It would be an alternative.
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DPB1T
    your rig has an AMD video card arent they subpar?

I think he meant to link a custom build he went through for you, however it didn't link properly.

It's a nice computer though, I'm not sure of the 6850, I don't really bother with them.
    Last edited by joshduarte6; 2011-11-26 at 06:03 AM.
    "Holybuckets May 17, 2010 - 7:36 PM :your 3s team rating is amazing, is there any way you could write something up or make a video from the holy pally perspective? my 3s beast cleave is having a hard time getting past 1600. its really hard to find info on beast cleave."

Why would they be? That card is noticably better than the GTX 550 Ti

Quote Originally Posted by joshduarte6 View Post
    I think he meant to link a custom build he went through for you, however it didn't link properly.
    No. That was the build I put together.

Why would they be? That card is noticably better than the GTX 550 Ti

No. That was the build I put together.
    well people on page 1 said that AMD was not as good as the other brands and thats why im not going with the seconds computer thats in my OP

errrm we're getting all mixed up here.

tetrisgoats system is better than mine.
    the 6850 according to benchmarks is better than the 550ti.

AMD is going down hill, however their video cards are still on par with those of nvidia.

AMD is going down hill, however their video cards are still on par with those of nvidia.
    so i go with tetris's system then? is it better than my suggested computer?

well people on page 1 said that AMD was not as good as the other brands and thats why im not going with the seconds computer thats in my OP
    AMD makes both CPUs and graphics cards.
    The CPUs are what's quite behind for gaming.

AMD and Nvidia have historically traded places on who's on top and who's not.
    We-ell. AMD is going better than they have in a long time.
    They are going up and up, and they'll keep doing it. However. They have, stopped being good at making CPUs for niche-fields, such as gaming and workstations. Their CPUs for the every-day user is a lot better than intels. As well as server-grade being alright as well.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-11-26 at 06:11 AM.

so i go with tetris's system then? is it better than my suggested computer?
    Yes, tetris system will run about 810 after taxes and shipping
    the system i linked will do about 750 or so....

Yeah, it's better than your system

CPU/Processors:
    Intel > AMD

GPU/Graphics Cards:
    nVidia = ATi/AMD (although I believe the GTX 580 edges out the 6970? Been a while since I've seen a bench comparing the two)
    Thanks Soko<3

Yes, tetris system will run about 810 after taxes and shipping
    the system i linked will do about 750 or so....

Yeah, it's better than your system
    damn extra 60$

i guess it will help me in the long run

3-4 pay checks right there

15+ Year Old Account
    is AMD really that bad?

i dont really fell ready to build my own PC and i really need to upgrade my PC for some mmos/PC games

If you plan on running everything in Ultra maybe. I built a Phenom X4 965 + 6950 for my son for his birthday and it does just fine in gaming. I have yet to see it drop below 27 FPS in any title we have played together. Thanks to the Black Friday sales I just ordered another AMD based for my 2nd oldest son with a 6870.

My Black friday find.
    Phenom X4 965 $80
    MSI 970A-G45 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 $60
    GSKILL 8gb DDR3 1600 $25
    Hyper 212+ $15
    HIS 6870 1gb $115 passed on the $89 550TI sale
    Antec 750 Watt PS $65
    $360

Have Case, OS, Keyboard,Mouse, Monitor

People on this forum get melodramatic, if you can catch the right sales it is well worth it. Most of the time the FPS difference between my AMD and Intel systems are within 12 FPS of each other. My goal was $350, I just barely passed it. If AMD is so terribad then show me a title they wont run right now 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by Rakudjo View Post
    GPU/Graphics Cards:
    nVidia = ATi/AMD (although I believe the GTX 580 edges out the 6970? Been a while since I've seen a bench comparing the two)
    Yes. Nvidia has the top-dawg at the moment - however, that says nothing of how good the GPUs beneath it are. :P
    Last gen, AMD was in the lead.
    Next gen, who knows? They will continue to trade places.
    &nbsp;

The one Tetris came out to 921, as taxes and shipping are expensive, more than I had originally thought.

The one I linked is about 200 dollars cheaper, without taxes which I can't figure out how to include without actually purchasing it.

* Mod edit: Embedding images wider than >800 pixels is normally infractible. I'll be nice tonight..
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-11-26 at 06:20 AM.

thank you josh and tetris... i have learned much in this thread

i hope you guys are in the computers section if i ever make a thread again... you gotta teach me more

---------- Post added 2011-11-26 at 06:17 AM ----------

921??? ugh... ugh... with TOR CE im going to be paying atleast 1050.... UGH! O.o

wait i live in NJ how much are the taxes there?
    Last edited by SuperomegaOP; 2011-11-26 at 06:21 AM.

No problem man, good luck with whatever you decide