Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My guess where it would end up being in Switzerland because it is the middle of Europe for the most part.

If we wanted to do humanity some good though we'd put it in the middle of Africa somewhere and give people a reason to help the people down there because western civilization has forgotten about them for the most part and any trouble that happens there is dismissed by most people.

Plus it'd be hilarious to see all the world leaders having a ceremony in Congo for the new world capital being scared to death.

It wouldn't probably be in Russia, the U.S. or China, due to rivalries between those three nations and all of them being P5. Other than that, you would have to look at stable nations that have favor of all P5 nations. Switzerland would probably be a solid choice, due to it's neutrality.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I would imagine possibly Geneva, or wherever the UN Headquarters is located.
    UN headquarters are in New York. But declaring a city Capital of the World would have to mean that it is not tied to any country, so either New York would have to become a City-State, outside of American law (it'll never happen, the American Government would never give up Soverignty to anyone, as well as the Russians and Chinese nixing it because it would still be heavily influenced by American culture, which they would not want), or it would have to be elsewhere. Honestly, it would probably be Geneva due to it's location, various Conventions being signed there, and the fact that there is multinational relations going on there with CERN.

Other than that happening, it would have to be in an unestablished area, like space, or Africa.
    Last edited by berenzen; 2011-11-26 at 06:34 AM.

Bern unless you don't want a national capital, then Geneva or Zurich. Switzerland is very diplomatic what can you say.

If you want a flashy one though NY NY, or Tokyo (again with the national capital though)

Quote Originally Posted by Asics View Post
    The Red Sox have been there for like, 120 years.
    Yeah go Sox!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asics View Post
    The Red Sox have been there for like, 120 years.
    Meh.. Not a Baseball fan. Too static.

I don't know about Japan guys.. I mean.. it'd be an interesting first impression.

Antarctica

for shits and giggles

It should be a GIANT city on an island all completely man made, the city should be 10 times bigger than the biggest city in the world. It should have the biggest building in the world, and inside of it, it houses most of the cities workers or keepers. The name of this city should be called. . . "Earth City". I know original right?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Paris or London. They're both historical, cultural, economic megacities. America is much too polarizing to host the world's capital. If you wanted a neutral city go with Zurich or Geneva (Swiss obviousness). For a more neutral city that's out of the blue: Buenos Aires, Johannesburg, Sydney, Jakarta, aka the Southern Hemisphere. Those guys don't get much recognition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Genève. Of course it's hard to say right off the bat which city would be the best, but that would be the best bet in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk View Post
    Genève. Of course it's hard to say right off the bat which city would be the best, but that would be the best bet in my opinion.
    I don't understand what folks see in London. It's a cess pool.

I'd go with OP. Forever neutral, scientific hub, great for skiing.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

I say Mordor then the aliens will have to be all like...... One does not simply beam into Mordor.......

Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.

Pretty central and would make a great hub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    Yes it is. In fact, the next expansion is going to be called "Mists of Metzen" and is just going to be various mobs with his face stuck on them.

15+ Year Old Account
    My bet would be New York. However the world capital would likely be an independent country similar to Vatican City. If we wanted to be really fancy about it, we could either create a new land mass; similar to Dubai's Palm Islands or convert Staten Island. An island with controlled access tunnels and bridges, a private air strip, and private military would be amazing for a great endeavor like a world capital.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably wherever their first contact is, or NYC since the UN HQ is there

10+ Year Old Account
    geneva has a nice ring for an inter-galactic capital. "you see that there, thats the Earths capital city geneva"

15+ Year Old Account
    I can guarantee you, it wouldn't be anywhere in the US. The rest of the world thinks that we're war mongering fundamentalist christian asshats.

Deleted
    New York is the obvious choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandivh View Post
    Japan totally.
    Japan isn't a city. Oh you silly americans, you better fix your education system.

Quote Originally Posted by Niter View Post
    Switzerland, since it is widely regarded as neutral. Even though outsiders would have nothing with it, settling our Earthen disputes would require such a move, I guess. I doest not even have to be a specific city.
    what he said

well... not in the united states... don't give them the satisfaction of that, mr world police. i'd say somewhere in europe, mebbe paris, considering france once greatness, and it being surrounded by a lot of other countries. or mebbe Bern in Switzerland :3