10+ Year Old Account

Assassin's Creed Issues

Hello there,

First this isn't exactly a game related issue, but it is at the same time. It's more of a technical issue, shared to see if someone has any insight on the matter.

I've already contacted ubisoft, but i'm still waiting for their reply.

Here's the deal, i've downloaded Assassin's Creed (the very first game) to play it. I was thinking of buying Revelations so i thought might as well get to know a bit more of the story.

I installed with no problems. The game had 2 versions: a dx9 and dx10. I supose dx stands for directX. The dx10 was screwed up since it ran the game on windowed mode and you couldn't maximize it. The dx9 was fine.

The issue here is that i could only last like 5-10 minutes inside the game before it completely crashed. Let me say that this isn't a crash to the desktop, but a complete crash, one that turns off my laptop completely.

I ran the game as administrator but it had no impact. It wasn't a heat/temperature related issue since the temp went up to 70 degrees, 80 tops. The game also does a system check and i passed it.

My laptop isn't some piece of crap. I bought it on xmas 2009 and it should handle the game perfectly.

What did i do next? I thought " hell must be because it's a download version" so i bought an original copy for 4€. It didn't matter since it still crash. Hell it was even worse, because the game wouldn't even hold 5 minutes.

I talked with my brother about since he knows this stuff and he suggested that it was related to having windows 7 (home version). That didn't make sense to me since this game was installed on a laptop of a friend of mine - which btw is older and worse than mine - and it ran the game with no problems (untill it shat down due to heat issues).

Next i thought i'd download AC brotherhood to see if the same thing happened. It did, the difference this time was that from several attempts to play the game out of one of them i managed to play during 50 minutes, but all others lasted around 6-7 minutes ingame.

Again i ran the game as admin, didnt put graphics on max etc.

I just dont get it my system requirements are fine:

2009 laptop with windows 7 home premium and service pack 1 installed.
    a Intel core i5 CPU / M430 2.27 Ghz
    4gb of ram with 2.99 that are used. Note here that when the game is running, the memory usage doesn't even go near 50%
    a nvidia geforce GT 330m graphic card

Does anyone have an insight on this? Let me emphasize the part where the game doesn't simply crash to the desktop, but instead crashes my computer completely.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately I've never played any of the Assasins creed series, but if all else fails and you're a resident in europe or in the UK you should be able to demand a refund, even through steam (Guess it's where you got it, if it's a local retailer you should be able to get the money back for a faulty disc)

"Know that under current UK and EU law, you have the right to demand a refund from Valve.

From a recent post on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...fund_on_steam/
    And screenshot of successful refund: http://i.imgur.com/GJ7Qf.png

Corresponding EU law: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...7L0007:EN:HTML
    Known as the "Right to Cancel" in UK, or "Right of Withdrawal" in EU."
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory