10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down SWTOR: Tech Support Nightmare.

My horrible nightmare of a tech support call.

I may add, that I am calling due to the fact that I cannot remember my secret answer. I may add, that their phoneline service is only devoted to answering this support question, there's nothing else they will help with. I am not hating or bashing at certain people within the staff, just hating / bashing their support limit/time.

My case:

I've during my long wait for being picked for Beta testing, and I finally got picked for beta, I've forgotten my secret answers. (Due to health issues, my memory doesn't serve me well). I've been trying to get in contact with them by phone since last friday, and I've been writing mails since monday (21st of November). Each time I've called them before today has been a failure, they have either not answered or disconnected me while on hold.

[17:38:19] Saka: Are you beta testing now?

[17:39:33] Gehco: Sadly not, as I told ya last time, forgotten my secret answer, so cannot log in due to being on a new computer, and I've found out of something... So what if SWTOR beats WoW? *Laughs* SWTOR will get all the whining people... Their customer service is worse than Blizzard...

[17:42:21] Gehco: *groans* thier service is shite.... on the phone again.... had to press 1 10 times before getting on hold till being serviced

[17:43:30] Gehco: *groans* How come I feel they have have 2-3 supporters for the three languages they support?

[17:47:22] Gehco: Pffff.... Blizzard Call Service has 1 min queue time and better music, SWTOR call service has for now 5 min queue time and shite music destroying my phoen..

[17:47:26] Gehco: *phone

[17:47:53] Saka: Haha

[17:48:03] Saka: So you're trying to get through as we speak?

[17:48:11] Gehco: Been for... 7 mins now

[17:48:14] Saka: ah

[17:48:31] Saka: I'm working on creating my first char now.

[17:48:40] Gehco: this is the 24th time I call them, first time I've actually come this far, all the other times they are either disconnecting me or not answering at all.

[17:48:53] Saka: Almost ALL english servers were full. Except one which was Light

[17:49:20] Saka: Handmaidens of Atris or something is this server called.

[17:49:31] Gehco: That sucks..

[17:50:24] Saka: Well, the full ones has an Estimated countdown for when they get a spot. But this one still has a lot of room I think. So if you're
    lucky...hurry up. And join me!

[17:51:04] Gehco: Pff... still on hold.. "Your call is very important to us"... Riiiight... and when I am done, I need a new phone due to your shite music!

[17:51:16] Saka: xD

[17:53:18] Gehco: "Your call is important to us and we'll get you an agent soon".... How come I feel it wont be called "Blizzard: Soon", but "Blizzard &
    SWTOR: Soon"? *groans* Heck, their phone service only helps with secret answers, nothing else.. they don't do more than that... WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING?! Sipping tea and laughing at people trying to be Jedi's with a spoon?

[17:54:29] Gehco: OMFG! "Hello, how may we help you?" - Me: "Yes, I've forg-..." *waiting music once again*

FFFFFFF!!!!!!

[17:57:03] Gehco: FFS! They could learn something from any other crap support team... heck, my bank has better customer support than this..

[17:57:23] Saka: Haha

[17:57:38] Saka: Well. You need to remember one thing. WoW was JUST as bad when they launched vanilla.

[17:57:49] Saka: They are new to this, so give them some credit.

[18:00:23] Gehco: *smirks* I'll give them my beta testing notes, "How was SWTOR?" - Pictures looked good? - "How was the support?" - LIKE SHITE!
    STILL ON HOLD!

[18:00:31] Gehco: Not really, Saka.

[18:00:43] Gehco: I remember vanilla beta and vanilla launch.

[18:01:35] Gehco: wait time was max 36 hours on ingame tickets and call time was 6 mins back then (my experience)... For free calls..... Heck, SWTOR doesn't support countries that ain't german, UK or French.... we have to pay for the freaking call... and I've been waiting now about... 16 minutes..

[18:02:58] Gehco: Freaking gonna find another phone and call them on that one too... and if they answer that one first... I'LL FREAKING KILL EM!

[18:04:22] Gehco: OH MY FREAKING WANKER! I've been on for 20 minutes according to the phone... Where off the first 2 minutes was me pressing 1 10 times..

[18:05:28] Saka: xD

[18:05:46] Saka: I named my char Saka. :P

[18:05:56] Saka: I expect to see a Gehco, if you get in.

[18:06:08] Gehco: I'm gonna name myself, "The LostCustomer"

[18:07:30] Gehco: ... R.I.P Mobilephone, you've served me well.. Their music has killed left side speaker on my phone...

[18:07:44] Saka: Don't you have volume control?

[18:07:45] Saka: >_>

[18:07:53] Gehco: It's on freaking low!

[18:07:57] Saka: O.o

[18:09:15] Gehco: Right, if this is the service just to get help with 1 question, they only answer one thing on the phoneline... nothing else.... Does this mean if SWTOR enabled name change, we'll have to wait a week?

[18:09:43] Saka: xD

[18:10:47] Gehco: Their new note on their site should be, "Call Tech Support, average wait time, 1 hour. Hang on and you will also need a new mobilephone. Enjoy our music while your ear drums last."

[18:13:53] Saka: :P

[18:15:14] Gehco: finally through...

[18:16:45] Gehco: and he can't spell my name...or use the phonetics...*groans*

[18:18:15] Saka: Go Jedi Guardian if you get in on Handmaidens of atris.

[18:18:20] Saka: :P

[18:20:12] Saka: uhm...

[18:20:18] Saka: They don't store your chars?!

[18:20:30] Saka: I logged out to check the server name

[18:20:33] Saka: And my char's gone.

[18:20:58] Gehco: *groans*

[18:21:25] Saka: I'm gonna try to quit the game and start it again...

[18:21:37] Gehco: Finally got help... gah.. they need better service guys, no offense to the person sitting their, but he needs the basics in customer service retold..

[18:22:01] Saka: Did they solve your problem?

[18:22:51] Gehco: Yeah *smirks* But I had to spell my email 5 times for him, and then had to explain to him how my 2nd letter looked in my street name,
    the letter being "Ø". And then give my phone number...

[18:24:00] Saka: So. Did you fix your account then?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    End result:
    Beta Access unavailable due to the secret question problem. So now I have the whole Beta version of the game on my computer, but it doesn't recognise my account.
    Phone lost left side speaker due to the support music, and phone volume -WAS- on low.
    Phone got locked due to the aprox 35 minutes wait time, so no more call time.

I'll... sit and look at the pictures..*sighs*
    Last edited by Lochton; 2011-11-26 at 06:08 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    you expect costumer service for a beta? O_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Post it notes. Invest.

Tl;dr: QQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Also: Forgotten secret answers due to bad memory? This advise is for free: Write them down!
    Last edited by Gaiadin; 2011-11-26 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volar View Post
    you expect costumer service for a beta? O_O
    Blizzard had support through Beta's and with soon to be release, there should be a support staff by now.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    My horrible nightmare of a tech support call.
    [17:39:33] Gehco: Sadly not, as I told ya last time, forgotten my secret answer, so cannot log in due to being on a new computer, and I've found out of something... So what if SWTOR beats WoW? *Laughs* SWTOR will get all the whining people... Their customer service is worse than Blizzard...
    Well there's your problem.

As for expecting cus support for a beta? You are crazy, that is all.

I understand the frustration though but you have to admit that we all would rather them work on getting the game completed for release, and customer support comes second to that during beta testing periods. They just opened the NDA like a week ago so I'm sure they are still training their customer/technical support reps, I'm even surprised they had as low as 5 min wait time for support for a beta.

What we have learned from this is don't forget your secret questions, and support for a beta WILL NOT be as efficient as a games that has been out for 7 years. As for blizz support I remember having to call blizz support years ago and getting well over a 5 min wait time, I calculated it around 25min, and the music sucked if you even care to judge support by their hold music.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but I just can't justify keeping a thread open that compares the customer service in a beta to another company, and is just 2 friends discussing it.

Closing.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay for you... hnng... I guess you're expecting Bioware to pander to you as much as Blizzard.