Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    MMA fighter Cain Velasquez with Brown Pride tattoo

    lol every time i see it i laugh at how racist it is.. im gonna get a tat with White Pride on me see how that goes... *glare* also on topic.. this show i just saw on CNN made me cringe it's called Black in America Silicon Valley *sighs* culture is one thing but this these two things i just mentioned are blatant racism.

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,542
    You created an account just to say this on a gaming forum?
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

  3. #3

  4. #4
    i know i just wanted to see someone defended this

  5. #5
    Brown Pride, White Pride, Black Pride, etc are not racist in themselves. It's the history and connotations associated with them that are, and unfortunately, White Pride has the worst reputation of them all due to its usage by Militant Hate Groups over the last 70 years or so.

    On topic, Cain is a proud immigrant, who grew up working very hard on a farm, and look where he is now. I wouldn't necessarily get a tattoo like that expressing my pride, but obviously it was meaningful enough for him to do it, and i can guarantee you he is as far from racist as you can get.

  6. #6
    typical excuses.. being divided is what causes most racism.. and besides his tat should be Mexican pride not a skin color.

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Geekbustarz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden!
    Posts
    1,049
    Double standards sucks. Just get used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

  8. #8
    It's no more racist than most every Latino Comic I have ever heard.

    I love it though because it has absolutely nothing to do with color, it's all about culture.
    I mean honestly you don't care what they look like as long as they can speak the same language and their lifestyle/values mimics yours.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpbeat View Post
    typical excuses.. being divided is what causes most racism.. and besides his tat should be Mexican pride not a skin color.
    Oh, i see that you just want to incite a flame war and not actually discuss the topic. You won't last long here.

    Also, his mother is Guatemalan, and his father Mexican, but he was born a U.S. citizen. I'd venture to guess the Brown Pride references all those cultures, as 'Guatemalan and Mexican-American Pride' wouldn't fit.

  10. #10
    assumption of someone you don't know makes you look stupid just saying.. i love how you just around the question and try to blame it on something else.. culture has nothing to do with your skin color are you daft? as i said Brown Pride is racist Mexican Pride is fine..

  11. #11
    Can you video yourself saying that to him so we can laugh at you picking up your teeth with your broken fingers over youtube?

    <Infracted>
    Last edited by Dacien; 2011-11-26 at 09:05 PM.

  12. #12

  13. #13
    I think its the most douchey tattoo ever and i was happy to see him get pummeled by dos santos. Very happy. Im a mexican by the way. The "brown pride" slogan makes us look like unadvanced cavemen and furthers racial stereotypes on our culture. Be proud of who you are and where you are from, but dont taint it with cheesy, racial cliched crap like that. It makes us look stupid.

  14. #14
    im pretty sure he's not a immature person like you who would attack someone over words.. you win for the dumbest post yet your assuming because he's an mma fighter he would fight anyone at the drop of a hat? how old are you honestly grow up please.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    Brown Pride, White Pride, Black Pride, etc are not racist in themselves. It's the history and connotations associated with them that are, and unfortunately, White Pride has the worst reputation of them all due to its usage by Militant Hate Groups over the last 70 years or so.
    On topic, Cain is a proud immigrant, who grew up working very hard on a farm, and look where he is now. I wouldn't necessarily get a tattoo like that expressing my pride, but obviously it was meaningful enough for him to do it, and i can guarantee you he is as far from racist as you can get.
    Well, tbh, any kind of racial pride only perpetuates racism because it causes people to still see each other as separate races instead of everyone as another human being.

    Press ZL to Squid

  16. #16
    I don't think you realize what 'white pride' means.
    Kind of like 'patriot act' .. sounds good right? until they tap your phones.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    Oh, i see that you just want to incite a flame war and not actually discuss the topic. You won't last long here.

    Also, his mother is Guatemalan, and his father Mexican, but he was born a U.S. citizen. I'd venture to guess the Brown Pride references all those cultures, as 'Guatemalan and Mexican-American Pride' wouldn't fit.
    My father is Swedish and my mother is Canadian and I was born in the US, but I wear a "white pride" t-shirt because "Swedish-Canadian-American Pride" wouldn't fit, AND the custom t-shirt company charges per letter. That would be a $60 cotton shirt right there.

    Excuses, excuses, excuses. Here is an unpleasant fact that I honestly wish with all my heart weren't true: Brown people with "Brown Pride" tattoos typically do not like white people. It would be wonderful if all races could just hold hands and sing kumbayah like one of those deliberately over-diverse magazine ads, but welcome to the real world.

  18. #18
    OP is butthurt cause some random guy has a tattoo.

    This is like me making a thread cause I saw a guy in a lifted pickup with a Confederate flag the other day. Who cares?

  19. #19
    What about the "Allstate" insurance commerical where at the end he is like "A portion of all our income goes to providing scholarships to traditionally black colleges" how is that not racist? Why are they excluding other colleges? If I were to found a "White college" I would be killed in the media for being racist. Black college? Thats fine!

  20. #20
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,815
    same reason naming one's child Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin etc etc etc... It is not because these combinations of letters have an innate evilness to them but because they are a symbol of something bad...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •