Beta Weekend PC problems

Okay so i got in on Friday, had everything downloaded, but unfortunately even with everything on low settings the game is extremely laggy and basically unplayable. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem, since its still in beta. Not sure.

Here are my computer specs, i really do not know anything about computers so if anyone could tell me if i need to switch some settings in game or what i can do to upgrade my pc (under 200$) to actually play the game without it lagging much.

PS: Im able to play WoW with low - Mid settings at 20-30 fps with very rare lag.

Intel Pentium E5200
    Operating speed: Up to 2.5 GHz
    Number of cores: 2
    Socket: 775
    Bus speed: 800 MHz

Memory: 4gb

GeForce 7100 video card.

Hard Drive: 500gb

Deleted
    Could be the servers as they stresstested them for the upcoming launch.

Did you ask in the general chat if anyone else was lagging? Because I know alot of people have been experiencing major lags on some servers, and some people haven't had any problems at all.

I tried, but could barely type, i can see the chat just fine and chat isn't laggy at all, except for when its me trying to type.

But yah im hoping its just the stress test. I only manage to get to level, thats how bad the lag is.

Sounds like your computer's having a hard time running it, I'm running on a quad core Q6600 (4x 2.45ghz) with GT240 card and I manage to get about 30 fps at medium-ish settings with no AA in swtor, (I run wow on high/ultra with 40-60 fps constant, for a comparison, with 4x AA on). The system requirements seem to be much more than wow, tbh. Don't know if it's because of beta, because it's poorly optimised or simply because there's more detail but it sure sounds to me like you don't have the hardware to run it. The best advice I can give is probably to upgrade the gfx card, but I can't really suggest to what

What you're experiencing is computer lag though, due to older hardware, and not latency. Don't get the two mixed up
    Last edited by Purplekitti; 2011-11-27 at 02:22 AM.

Yeah the computer is about 3 years old now, im due for a upgrade soon. Real bummer too, was hoping they would have similiar requirements to WoW to appeal to a larger group of people, not everyone has a super gaming machine, or a new computer every year. Hoping they might lower it down some if enough people write reviews.

But yeah, its my hardware, my latency is under 80 ms at all times.

Deleted
    I would wait till release if you want to upgrade your PC to play SWTOR. More often than not MMOs are more CPU intensive(but not always) so see what the benchmarks say before making your mind up.

Yeah, i don't plan on upgrading until release, just too see if anything changes.

I get shitty FPS and I have a better PC than yours. @1920x1080p with shadows OFF and mostly everything on low to medium.

Q6600 @ 2.40ghz quadcore cpu
    GTX 280 1GB
    4GB 800mhz RAM
    10k RPM HDD

The FPS I get is not playable for me....I'd hate to imagine trying to play game on any less than my PC...it's already aids on my PC right now...to think of playing with lesser Specs...I'd give up.

If I do end up buying the game it wont be until I buy a new PC..which will be when the new CPU chipsets come out (ivybridge in march 2012)

People need to be a bit more realistic when it comes to playablity...because 20 or 30 fps is not playable for me..and thats what I get with those settings.

I need minimum 60 fps to 80-100 fps constant for proper playability (vsync off ) - I don't get how some of you can play with 20 fps and say its "fine".

20-30 without lag spikes or it being choppy is perfectly playable, as a comparison i raided in wow at a top 100 US level for quite some time, its nothing to hardcore, but nonetheless they require you to be at your top notch and its doable with 20-30 fps in that game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing that's its probably an older CPU socket in your motherboard, that your video card date from august 2006 and you are probably on windows xp 32bit its gonna cost over 200$, sorry. :/

P.s. windows xp maximum of ram is 3.5gb

Quote Originally Posted by Mouni View Post
    Q6600 @ 2.40ghz quadcore cpu
    GTX 280 1GB
    4GB 800mhz RAM
    10k RPM HDD
    Those are near the minimum, you are lucky you can even play in over a resolution of 1024 in low to medium setting

Im on windows vista, not sure what bit though. And not sure if its a 2006 graphics card considering i got the computer new in Nov 08

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Seeing that's its probably an older CPU socket in your motherboard, that your video card date from august 2006 and you are probably on windows xp 32bit its gonna cost over 200$, sorry. :/

P.s. windows xp maximum of ram is 3.5gb

Those are near the minimum, you are lucky you can even play in over a resolution of 1024 in low to medium setting
    Exactly...which makes me wonder why people are coming here posting they have a 10 year old PC playing swtor on max settings with 60fps+

Calling bullshit on these people.

I got pretty old comp (C2D 8400 @ 3.8 Ghz, factory overclocked 5770 1GB VRAM, and 4 GB RAM) and my FPS is between 40-100+, usually closer to 100 than 40. My graphics settings are pretty high too 1080pi and everything except shadows(medium) at high. So it can definitely run well on an old comp too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aufwar91 View Post
    Okay so i got in on Friday, had everything downloaded, but unfortunately even with everything on low settings the game is extremely laggy and basically unplayable. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem, since its still in beta. Not sure.

Here are my computer specs, i really do not know anything about computers so if anyone could tell me if i need to switch some settings in game or what i can do to upgrade my pc (under 200$) to actually play the game without it lagging much.

PS: Im able to play WoW with low - Mid settings at 20-30 fps with very rare lag.

Intel Pentium E5200
    Operating speed: Up to 2.5 GHz
    Number of cores: 2
    Socket: 775
    Bus speed: 800 MHz

Memory: 4gb

GeForce 7100 video card.

Hard Drive: 500gb
    WTF?

You expect a game release in 2011/2012 to run on a GPU from 2006? Are you mad, wow must barely run on your system these days.