Unhappy Very Long Load Times For BF3

PC specs--------
    AMD Phenom x4 945 ( quad core ), 4 gigs ddr2, EVGA 460 gtx, 80 gb Primary for windows/drivers/programs
    250 gb hdd - which is where bf3 is installed ( always defragged with perfect disk )
    Windows 7 Ult 64 bit SP1 + all updates. Latest Nvidia drivers.

Keep in mind, I only have fraps, core temp, and my drivers running. Thats it. No background programs for anything. So I have like 30% of my memory used. The rest is free. The processor is completely open.

Im just curious, does it take you 1-2 minutes to load a map?... Any map that is? Good god this is annoying. Im hoping its something simple that I over looked.

On some occasions, I've waited 3 minutes to load a map and by that time, sometimes the game end and it begins loading another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    PC specs--------
    AMD Phenom x4 945 ( quad core ), 4 gigs ddr2, EVGA 460 gtx, 80 gb Primary for windows/drivers/programs
    250 gb hdd - which is where bf3 is installed ( always defragged with perfect disk )
    Windows 7 Ult 64 bit SP1 + all updates. Latest Nvidia drivers.

Keep in mind, I only have fraps, core temp, and my drivers running. Thats it. No background programs for anything. So I have like 30% of my memory used. The rest is free. The processor is completely open.

Im just curious, does it take you 1-2 minutes to load a map?... Any map that is? Good god this is annoying. Im hoping its something simple that I over looked.

On some occasions, I've waited 3 minutes to load a map and by that time, sometimes the game end and it begins loading another.
    ever since the patch, lots of stupid things have been happening. i would assume it is related to that, i havent had any, but i can ask around my bf3 clan

I found this on a forum

-----------------------------
    If you are having really long load times on Battlefield 3 then follow these guides on how to fix.

Nvidia Cards.

Open up Nvidia Control Panel
    Click on Manage 3D Settings
    Click on Program Settings
    Select Battlefield 3 in the drop down box (If it's not there click add and find bf3.exe located C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3)
    Find Threaded optimization
    Turn On
    Click Apply

--------------------

I tried it and I really didn't notice a difference. Still took awhile. I always choose low ping servers as well. Seems like 40% of the time is connecting to the server, then 60% loading the level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please use the BF3 megathread for discussions located here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Battlefield-3