Biochem Question

So I am trying to figure out which crew skills I am going to roll with when the game launches. I am in beta and looking at all the biochem recipes. From what I see biochem can make mods, grenades, and ear pieces just like cybertech. Is this a bug or can we really make those items as well?

---------- Post added 2011-11-26 at 08:54 PM ----------

I would also like to add. I heard from somewhere that biochem uses diplomacy as its trade skill with the new build, can anyone confirm that?

that really sounds like a bug, biochem is supposed to make implants vs ear pieces and grenades don't make a lot of sense. maybe check out torhead.com and see if it is bugged like that as well.

I've leveled BioChem to 400 in my time in the beta. Biochem can make implants, but not the other things. Mainly they make a lot of Adrenals, stims, medpacs.... Think alchemist, with the added one (actually two) gear slots.

Yes it was a bug. I picked up cybertech to see all the trainable schematics, dropped it then picked up biochem. When I was looking at the trainer they were all over lapped. I restarted and it showed everything correctly.

So my question is for people who had high level chars in beta. What would be more beneficial at max level, Biochem or Cybertech? Which do you think would make the most credits?

To me that last question seems kinda simple.

Stims are used up and will be used all the time by endgame players.
    Mods are only needed once per gearpiece and i think you can take em out again so you might not even need to get them replaced.

Thanks Gor, I did not know that you could take them out and put them in new gear. That makes me decision much easier!