Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares

Voice Actor Surprise!

My question is this: Have you ever been watching a movie, TV show, commercial, or game hat you've seen a bunch of times or for your first time and thought man that voice sounds familiar? Only to later go and look it up to realize wow I would've never thought it was that person!

For example:

Lion-O is actually voiced by Will Friedle better known as Eric Matthews from Boy Meets World.

Also, the voice actor from the male human Jedi Knight is the same guy who voiced Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid

15+ Year Old Account
    Didnt surprise me. Recognized the voice right away since it sounded exactly the same as it did 13 years ago when he was voicing Terry McGinnis on Batman Beyond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't have guessed the first one, mostly because I don't intend to watch this new Thundercats, at least until it's finished.

Eh.. I am pretty good at recognizing voices, it faces and names I have problems with. You should check out the old Gargoyles cartoon, there are alot of voices trekkies would recognize.
    You could also watch the Simpsons and try to pick out the guest actors that are not playing themselves. (Moe is the camera guy from Godzilla)

Or the voice of the dumb "Ed" from "Ed, Edd, and Eddy" is also the same voice actor for the Male Gnomes in World of Warcraft, the voice of Kenny from Captain N The Game Master, Bankotsu in Inuyasha, and countless other shows and movies you have probably seen and never noticed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Hill

I was shocked and surprised to find out that optimus prime voice acted for the old toonami commercials. those were the days
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    I was shocked and surprised to find out that optimus prime voice acted for the old toonami commercials. those were the days
    Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime) is also Eeyore.
    Frank Welker (Megatron) is Nibbler from Futurama.

Deleted
    Weirdest thing I've ever seen was Katey Sagal (Leela in Futurama) turning up in this episode of Tales From the Crypt. She's pretty hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjFDUB0wRYs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Also, the voice actor from the male human Jedi Knight is the same guy who voiced Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid
    David Hayter is the male Jedi Knight?! Well, that's got me sold on the class and the game!

I'm always pleasantly surprised to hear Cam Clarke in games etc because he is a boss.

Deleted
    My biggest shock was that the guy who voice acts Raiden in Metal Gear Solid (Quinton Flynn) also voice acted Axel in Kingdom Hearts. :P

The other one was the voice actor of Alistair in Dragon Age: Origins was Steve Valentine. I have to admit I had only seen him briefly on the kids' TV show "I'm in a Band" so it was kind of weird to realise he was giving a voice to Alistar.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Weirdest thing I've ever seen was Katey Sagal (Leela in Futurama) turning up in this episode of Tales From the Crypt. She's pretty hot.

Katey Sagal also played Peggy Bundy on Married with Children.

My question is this: Have you ever been watching a movie, TV show, commercial, or game hat you've seen a bunch of times or for your first time and thought man that voice sounds familiar? Only to later go and look it up to realize wow I would've never thought it was that person!

For example:
    https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/im...W1bdfVj2qMRmh7
    Lion-O is actually voiced by Will Friedle better known as Eric Matthews from Boy Meets World.
    http://www.wchstv.com/abc/boymeets/willfriedle.jpg

Holy crap.......... I loved that show and I always thought he was cool =O.

Also the new Thundercats is awesome, but to answer your question, yes this happens in almost every cartoon/anime etc. mostly because the voice actors are quite common with that kind of thing, there is a character in Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Gears of War 3 who is voiced by the same actor as the person who does the english voice for Sasuke in Naruto (He is EVERYWHERE), the person who does Bubbles from the Power Puff Girls does voices in places I never even knew... A few examples are Timmy Turner from the Fairly Odd Parents and Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.... Along with a ton of other stuff.

I like finding these things out honestly.

Side note, I know I watch too much anime when I start recognizing Japanese voice actors.
    Last edited by Slavemaker; 2011-11-27 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    You could also watch the Simpsons and try to pick out the guest actors that are not playing themselves. (Moe is the camera guy from Godzilla)
    You're referring to Hank Azaria, who does a good range of voices for the Simpsons including Chief Wiggum, Apu, Comic book guy and a ton of others.

Not to mention he's not just from Godzilla, he was also in Mystery Men, Dodgeball and starred for a while in Friends.

I still think my Jedi Knight sounds like Jonathan Frakes.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post

I loved Tales From the Crypt. Also, the guy in that was on Scrubs.

I was watching "How to Train Your Dragon" and thought to myself "that sounds and awful lot like Craig Ferguson. And it was.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    When I found out who voiced the joker in the animated series and arkham asylum/city = luke skywalker.
    Was also surprised when I found out the voice actor of Orochimaru was a girl irl

10+ Year Old Account
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cam_Clarke

Whenever I'm in Mana Tombs on an alt, I simply have to say hi to Malygos.

More off-topic; http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Tara-Strong/
    Twilight Sparkle gets around.

While watching(or mostly listening to) Jesse Cox' Republic Trooper 1-5 levelling thingy, I just couldn't stop thinking "Why are you playing Mass Effect and not SWTOR, Jesse?". For those that don't know, the female Republic Trooper voiceactress is the same one as the one for the female Shepard in Mass Effect, Jennifer Hale.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Was shocked to find that Candace in Phineas & Ferb was voiced by Ashley Tisdale. Her comedy timing and range is amazing, always thought it would be someone a lot older with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post
    Katey Sagal also played Peggy Bundy on Married with Children.
    She's also Jemma on Sons of Anarchy