Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    I have tested SWTOR and while it is a good game, it does not offer that much difference from WoW, it is merely just a different universe, albeit with some gameplay changes, but still.
    Same thing apply to wow when it came out compared to Everquest.

Nothing is really new in this world, everything been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Anyone who signs up for 12 months of anything is kind of stupid. 12 months is a long as time for things to change negatively.

Hell, 12 months ago I was excited for Cataclysm.
    It may change for the better too!

Deleted
    You just have to hope, after running months of Dragon soul, that they understand that last tiers dont mean anything and MoP beta aint coming at least for next 6 months.
    But at same time after running Dsoul for 6 months diablo 3 has come somewhere there to keep busy for while
    Tough luck I guess. Unless they get bored of D3 and werent into it to begin with they just wanted "free" stuff.

Were they planning on going to TOR but once they hear that you get mount and game.. they didnt want to go to tor anymore?

If thats the case then they never planned to go to other games to begin with it was just being in tantrum of wanting stuff and blizzard gave something shiny.
    mount is pretty easy way to convince them it seems (if they wanted just D3 they would've just got that for 40 bucks only and saved 140 bucks..)
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2011-11-28 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    It's a flashy deal mean't to lock you in before you could really know how awesome swtor is. They'll pull a similar tactic when GW2 is launching, probably a content patch. I find it no different from massive cell phone contracts for fresh college students. Sure it's legal, but I frown upon it. I didn't even consider the deal as I won't be playing D3 due to the real money AH.
    Haha...some of us wouldn't play SWTOR even if we got paid AND free D3...so you're really off here. SWTOR isn't a threat, it's just a setback.

---------- Post added 2011-11-28 at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Anyone who signs up for 12 months of anything is kind of stupid. 12 months is a long as time for things to change negatively.

Hell, 12 months ago I was excited for Cataclysm.
    Or they're just adult people able to plan ahead and know what they want?
    12 months ago I was excited for Cataclysm, now I'm excited for patch 4.3 and later on, MoP. While also looking forward to D3 and GW2...I've had a blast in Cata at that, so who's the stupid one here? Not me. I'm enjoying myself, taking advantage of a nice deal from a company I have nothing but respect for (when you're as old as me you've gone through quite a lot of gaming companies) and I let people play the game they want/sign or not sign for the Annual without calling them stupid, cowards, whiners or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by looopy View Post
    They all took the bait and wanted diablo 3 so they signed up for 12 months of WoW but now they are all weary to try SWTOR. Unfortunately they were unable to participate in the beta so they have no way of demoing the game and basically no one wants to pay 2 sub fees. What do I tell them to convince them to get this awesome game?!?! Bioware 10 day trial PLS!
    Tell them this: "If Blizzard thought WoW had any future, why would they have to bribe to you pay a year up front and give you D3 free to play it?"

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    The year long plan was a scheme and downright dirty of Blizzard.

I've convinced a few by asking them to speak with their thoughts, by ninjaing out of the contract and letting their money do the talking. I'm very happy to join whatever number of players switch. The company should be loyal to their fans. Keyword should.
    It wasnt really. People who wanted it signed up. Personally I did sign up, coz I would have bought D3 and kept playing wow anyway. This way everybody wins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwine View Post
    It may change for the better too!
    Which it will - or otherwise Blizzard is stupid. They went a different way with Cataclysm content that they hadn't done previously and it fell flat on its face creating an extremely boring experience (I play WoW and I subbed for 12 months). If Blizzard does not learn from this going into MoP then WoW will continue to decline at a fast pace. I really really hope that they learn from their Cataclysm mistakes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    It wasnt really. People who wanted it signed up. Personally I did sign up, coz I would have bought D3 and kept playing wow anyway. This way everybody wins.
    Come back in 6 month and say the same

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    what will you do if he does?

Newsflash: SOME PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE STAR WARS. those People who like playing wow, and do not like star wars are not very likely to play ToR.

I went for the Annual pass. I would have bought D3 regardless, and I don't care for Collector's Edition. Since Diablo's price is likely to be around 50 euros anyway, that means I have to play WoW for 8 months to gain anything out of the deal. Since it is highly likely I'll be playing at least until the end of 4.3 and very likely I will play a good deal of 5.0, which I have estimated to launch around June if there's no surprise small content patch like they did with WOTLK (I really hope sooner, but hey, since Blizzard doesn't mind having no updates for 6 months...), this essentially would mean there's no way I can really 'lose' anything by agreeing with the Annual pass.

This was my personal reasoning. I normally am not very fond of being stuck to something for a long time, I never had automated subscription going even, but I have to be fair with myself and realize that to me WOW is probably gonna last, not in the least because of my guild and my friends that play, including my fiancee.

And if I do decide to quit before.. Ah well. I'll suck up my loss. And maybe this is some reasoning you can use with your friends. =)

My point being that everyone can have their own reasoning that may or may not make them decide to go with the agreement. I will still play SWTOR. There's no way I can not play it, Annual pass or not. I do agree it's somewhat dirty by Blizzard and an obvious ploy to keep players playing but hey, who am I to complain, I quite like WoW despite its lacking on several (content) fronts, and the longer it lasts, the better.

I'm sure WoW Devs played beta SWTOR and knew it would be a threat to some extent. I just tried beta too, and it looks like it will at the very least take me away from WoW for 3 months if not permanently if the end game is just as good or better than WoW's. And I hope it's permanently, I really want a reason to leave WoW after six years or whatever it is. It's a great game, but I need something new.

There is a greater reason to play an alt in swtor with all the story driven live cutscene quests and different stories. This will give them plenty of time to add updates to the end game and create more.

So slowing content WoW came up with a scheme to make people feel like they have to stay in WoW. It obviously worked to some extent.

Deleted
    I'd say your best bet is to grit your teeth and wait it out. I'm sure it won't be long until free trials pop up once the game actually launches, so your friends will have the chance to test it out for themselves. If they like it, they can jump ship and cut their losses with WoW if they're keen to try out something new and if they dislike it...well, they've nothing to lose and can go back to playing WoW if they so wish - or Diablo 3, if that's their cup of tea.

Either way, both WoW and Diablo 3 strike me as nothing more than giant, overrated cash cows at this point. I'm just hoping Bioware do not go down the same route as Blizzard when it comes to microtransactions and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Lol I know for a fact that ill still be playing wow. SWTOR is good, i know coz i played the beta, but I wont be leaving wow for it.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, did you possibly think that your friends WANT to play WoW for the next year as well as get the Diablo 3 free for doing something they were planning on already?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Let them play what they want to play?
    This tbh if they dont want to play TOR then whatever it's not your decision to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played D3 beta its pretty awesome. and Swtor. but im not a huge fan of star wars eh. ill leave the review to the real star wars geekers. (in a good way)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    Only true Star Wars fans think the game is good. As they dont want to play this game, they are not true Star Wars fans. Every non Star Wars Fan who just wanted to try out this game think its not good (and acutally played the beta). They would not enjoy it. Let them play WoW.
    I am not what you would call a star wars fan, yet I'm loving SWTOR, you are now incorrect.

Only true Star Wars fans think the game is good. As they dont want to play this game, they are not true Star Wars fans. Every non Star Wars Fan who just wanted to try out this game think its not good (and acutally played the beta). They would not enjoy it. Let them play WoW.
    I don't like StarWars at all.. yet I played the beta and really enjoyed the game. You do not need to be a fan to enjoy it, so this just proves you're incorrect and ignorant.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not an Star Wars "fan". I suck at the lore. But i like the game.

This is why you don't sign up to things like this.

Everyone should keep their accounts going by monthly basis at the very most. So people have the power to instantly cancel the sub and stop paying.

Can just imagine the thousand upon thousand of people that wont even end up playing WoW for 10 months straight that signed up for this joke of a contract. Sucked in.