Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    i'm getting way bigger numbers than you with regular t13 and heroic off pieces
    forgot the relic
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/compare?items...15:78416:77081
    You are using regular t13, not heroic, the heroic BiS list is slightly different given that there is no way to upgrade the valor gear and ends up giving you less rather than more.

BiS t13
    BiS t12

there is some debate between creche and EoU atm but either way doesn't change the haste value so that really makes no nevermind to the current discussion

My Deviantart sig by Axa

Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    You are using regular t13, not heroic, the heroic BiS list is slightly different given that there is no way to upgrade the valor gear and ends up giving you less rather than more.

BiS t13
    BiS t12

there is some debate between creche and EoU atm but either way doesn't change the haste value so that really makes no nevermind to the current discussion
    What you linked for T13 is (supposedly) the Unholy BiS, not Frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killabee View Post
    What you linked for T13 is (supposedly) the Unholy BiS, not Frost.
    I know, my point being that even unholy which will have more reforges allocated for haste (no expertise cap) will still have less haste than BiS t13, also, there is no supposedly the math etc has already been done on most of this by the son of a lich group the only contention atm is EoU v creche, also this is the HIGHEST haste combination, any changes for frost will only lessen haste more.

Remember this is assuming you are able to get the statless weapons, obviously if you just get the stat weapons you will have slightly higher haste than I spoke of.

My Deviantart sig by Axa

Red set looks badass. Purple and Green is pretty cool looking for Unholy DK's, but the blue set's sorta meh, even as a Frost DK.

Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    I know, my point being that even unholy which will have more reforges allocated for haste (no expertise cap) will still have less haste than BiS t13, also, there is no supposedly the math etc has already been done on most of this by the son of a lich group the only contention atm is EoU v creche, also this is the HIGHEST haste combination, any changes for frost will only lessen haste more.

Remember this is assuming you are able to get the statless weapons, obviously if you just get the stat weapons you will have slightly higher haste than I spoke of.
    You forget about the massive ilvl of this tier and as a result the massive secondary stats that can be reforged.

Here is something I came up in 5 mins, based on preliminary SimC weights for T13 BiS. It has expertise cap, more hit than I can get rid of, I only put (fierce gems) in yellow sockets and (etched) in blue where applicable. Nothing else is gemmed since it will be Bold and won't affect haste. I also enchanted the boots as it is the only Haste enchant we'll use.

Again, please notice that I used extremely greedy reforge of reforging to Haste on every item that didn't have Haste and making sure I get the Expertise cap and hit cap. The reforge is awful, as it is over hit cap by a good 300 points or so. I believe one item should be changed to get rid of some hit :

http://ptr.wowhead.com/compare?items...79:78479:78550

As you can see it uses trinkets and weapons with 0 secondary stats and yet it has more Haste than T12 BiS.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forget about the massive ilvl of this tier and as a result the massive secondary stats that can be reforged.

Here is something I came up in 5 mins, based on preliminary SimC weights for T13 BiS. It has expertise cap, more hit than I can get rid of, I only put (fierce gems) in yellow sockets and (etched) in blue where applicable. Nothing else is gemmed since it will be Bold and won't affect haste. I also enchanted the boots as it is the only Haste enchant we'll use.

Again, please notice that I used extremely greedy reforge of reforging to Haste on every item that didn't have Haste and making sure I get the Expertise cap and hit cap. The reforge is awful, as it is over hit cap by a good 300 points or so. I believe one item should be changed to get rid of some hit :

http://ptr.wowhead.com/compare?items...79:78479:78550

As you can see it uses trinkets and weapons with 0 secondary stats and yet it has more Haste than T12 BiS.
    Once again you are using items that WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE in your list, at a quick glance I see 4 items (there may be more) in there that are from a vendor which will have no way to be upgraded to heroic so your point, however well contrived to fool someone, is invalid. The list I linked are items that WILL be available and is the best set up for us and yes it will have less haste.

Nice try though.

edit: Using SimC atm is somewhat unreliable as it has been giving some weird numbers for us in the ptr so just letting you know.
    Last edited by biolink22; 2011-11-29 at 03:47 PM.

My Deviantart sig by Axa

Nvm. I used a helm that doesn't exist again. Damn wowhead!

I'm getting about 2350 Haste with "real" items, which is about 150 Haste less than T12 Frost BiS.
    Last edited by killabee; 2011-11-29 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My DK is looking forward to getting the new gear. Looks great!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nvm. I used a helm that doesn't exist again. Damn wowhead!

I'm getting about 2350 Haste with "real" items, which is about 150 Haste less than T12 Frost BiS.
    and neck, cape, and boots

My Deviantart sig by Axa

Still wish they did something about that helmet...

plox?
    Last edited by Totle; 2011-12-01 at 05:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmogrification and the "Hide Helm" option say hi.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Still wish they did something about that helmet...

plox?
    Kinda necroing the thread here - but I JUST noticed that the top part of the mouth that would give the mustache look was actually changed and there's only the two bottom claws or w/e they are. So it's not quite so bad. The pictures Boub posted in the first post have the updated model too

Would any1 know the names and the boss of the matching offpieces for the LFR set drop? Thanks!

-Jeric

Deleted
    boots are the vp ones and maybe the boots off zon'ozz, belt is either vp or hagara's

Deleted
    Doesn't the 4 piece set bonus for Frost/Unholy seem a bit underpowered when compared to other class'?

Just seems that way for me. Only a quarter (or 40%) of the time you get Runic Empowerment (and Corruption - respectively) and that is only 45 of the time you use Frost Strike/Death Coil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempusmortem View Post
    Doesn't the 4 piece set bonus for Frost/Unholy seem a bit underpowered when compared to other class'?

Just seems that way for me. Only a quarter (or 40%) of the time you get Runic Empowerment (and Corruption - respectively) and that is only 45 of the time you use Frost Strike/Death Coil.
    I dont know about frost, but the tier bonuses are extremely good for unholy. 2piece allows you more chances to proc runic corruption, and 4piece builds on that by giving you a damage buff when RC is up. All the while, all the unavoidable raid damage you're taking this tier means you've got way more rp available to spam death coils with (assuming you've got a brain and actually took magic suppression), which directly synergizes with the tier bonuses themselves. 40% chance per RC may not seem like a big deal when you just look at that, but tied into everything else it's a significant bonus. For unholy at least, this tier set is most definitely not slacking.