Advice for gear 4.3(prot) before DW

Hey guys just looking for some advice on my gear.
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Gumbyflow/simple
    Thanks,
    Gumby

First and foremost, you have a healer trinket in your set. Yes, it grants a ton of mastery, but you can get that from other trinkets and still get the benefit of a tank-specific on-use CD or Proc.
    Second - Your Parry/Dodge is split 17.22/11.12...you want to actually try to keep them as close as possible to each other (the diminishing returns of Parry/Dodge is the reason).
    You need a weapon enchant on your sword -Go with Windwalk (the dodge will help you get balanced on your Parry/Dodge).
    I would consider changing your gem in your helm. The extra mastery is better than the Expertise/Stamina I believe (but hopefully we can get some other advise to confirm). Same with your hands/waist/legs...socketing to get stamina bonuses isn't the best for us since they changed damage and healing in Cata. You should pretty much be stacking Mastery gems.

Good luck!

Like karazorel said, there are better trinkets than Soul Casket, and I'd definitely change Bedrock Talisman. You should also try harder for CTC cap (incl. your standard raidbuffs / consumables), if my napkin math serves you're only at 91,39%, you should aim for 102,4%. Parry/Dodge should be much, much more balanced. You don't need hit enchant on your bracers. While I understand it's a topic of debate and somewhat of personal choice, I recommend mastery on boots and talent into PoJ instead, at the very least it'll help you reach the CTC cap. Ignore stamina socket bonuses and stack mastery until you reach CTC, after which you can start fading off of mastery and focus on other stats.

If you need help with the reforging, try Reforge Lite (or some such). Awesome addon for the legwork before tweaking some yourself.

I'm not sure why people say "try and get 102.4", when you can't do so with that ilvl of gear. But yes, you should reforge into mastery on all gear that doesn't have it o.w. reforge to balance parry/dodge.

Also yes, both of those trinkets are just plain awful. Tol'barad trinket is amazing, I would highly recommend that. As for a second, I'm not really sure what's available in the new 5 mans, but I tend to like to use 1 stamina trinket, and 1 avoidance trinket.

Try to replace the cloak as well, resilience does nothing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by morphling8 View Post
    I'm not sure why people say "try and get 102.4", when you can't do so with that ilvl of gear.
    Downgrading all 4.3 items to Firelands normal items (head, shoulders, boots), putting proper enchants on items (head, shoulders, etc), proper reforging, changing cloak to the Firelands rep one (ie downgrade in ilvl), changing 359 ring to new VP one, and some other minor adjustments puts him on 378, and he's up at 98,59%, which is a mere 0,89% lower than me. With raidbuffs and elixirs that gets me a bit over the CTC cap. So yeah, it's definitely possible. In fact, his defensive stats would be pretty much identical to mine (hit+exp cap reforge for normal lol-clear though).

I did some slackjob since chardev doesn't have the new VP ring etc, but overall the result should be the same. Put some thought into it, and it's definitely possible to reach CTC cap with ~378 gear. Ofc, 102,4% is for raiding, if OP doesn't raid (as his armory profile might suggest), he doesn't have to aim for it. But since he asked for gear "before DW", I have to assume he means Deathwing.

And some philosophies regarding the trinket choices, if you're CTC caped you won't need a stamina trinket for normal encounters. For niche encounters you shouldn't do half a job and only switch one. For magic intensive fights stamina+mirror trinkets would be awesome, while Baleroc would like to see more focus on avoidance, but generally speaking two mastery trinkets should be ideal until you have excess mastery.