Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
LastLast
  1. #341
    It's nice to see that Blizzard has officially regressed to EQ1 and EQ2 production quality in their latest patch trailer. If this doesn't confirm that WoW is in Blizzard's rear-view mirror I don't know what does.

  2. #342
    Mechagnome Irishman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by Stooe View Post
    Is 4.3 the patch that increases Experience earned by 25% in Northrend and BC?
    I think it's just Northrend, by 30%. BC is already a breeze

  3. #343
    Mechagnome Tripz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In some small dive."
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    I think it's just Northrend, by 30%. BC is already a breeze
    Nice, thank you. BC has been tough for me on my hunter :P
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I hear in order to get the browser attunement, you first had to run heroic Internet.

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Capers View Post
    This is better than some of their other trailers even. That actually gave me goosebumps too.
    I believe that is the same trailer but with voice overs. The visual content of the trailer is the same, but it goes to show how powerful voice overs can be as it did make the trailer better.

  5. #345
    Herald of the Titans 4KhazModan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CSUF
    Posts
    2,715
    The trailer is rather lackluster, especially compared to the Fall of the Lich King trailer we got for the last major content patch last x-pac. Now THAT one gave me chills.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    that's quite the straw dog you set up there. It was blizzard themselves that decided to put more effort into their trailers over the years. This was a wise marketing ploy and also created an expectation regarding the quality of future trailers. At a time when they are losing subscribers at an unprecedented rate and are facing ever increasing competition you would think they would put even more effort into promoting the final patch of this expansion. That fact that they didn't, in my opinion, speaks volumes about both their commitment and the quality of the product.

    But let's take your "argument" to its logical conclusion. Would it be okay for Blizzard, in patch 4.3, to take away other improvements they have made over the years like reinstating the level 40 mount requirement or removing dual specs? Didn't think it would. So why are you "satisfied" when they put less effort and imagination into a trailer for the final expansion of Cata?
    Gameplay > trailer, cause seriously that is the truth. I would rather have a lackluster trailer then a lackluster patch. Just cause a trailer is awesome doesn't mean the patch will be. A trailer isn't and will never will be the measurement of what a patch is. You logical conclusion doesn't make sense as Blizzard would never do what you said.

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    The trailer is rather lackluster, especially compared to the Fall of the Lich King trailer we got for the last major content patch last x-pac. Now THAT one gave me chills.
    I agree. This trailer is very, very weak in comparison.

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    The trailer is rather lackluster, especially compared to the Fall of the Lich King trailer we got for the last major content patch last x-pac. Now THAT one gave me chills.
    Even the Firelands trailer was better than this, it conveyed more of a story and help fill in some gaps

  9. #349
    ... And so the worst expansion ever made comes to an end with the worst trailer ever made!This is probably why they choosen to put pandaland as next expansion so cata doesnt look as bad...

  10. #350
    US servers are coming up now
    We're whalers on the moon,
    We carry a harpoon,
    But there ain't no whales
    So we tell tall tales
    And sing our whaling tune

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Gameplay > trailer, cause seriously that is the truth. I would rather have a lackluster trailer then a lackluster patch. Just cause a trailer is awesome doesn't mean the patch will be. A trailer isn't and will never will be the measurement of what a patch is. You logical conclusion doesn't make sense as Blizzard would never do what you said.
    my logical conclusion was based on the argument posited by another poster.

    and as for your argument that game play > trailer ...let's have a look at that... Deathwing, as a main villain, has been pretty disappointing in many respects and poorly integrated into the story line / game play in comparison to the Lich King (and the fact I have to point to anything in Wrath as an example of blizzard doing it better is pretty sad in of itself)

    also almost every comment I read on the ptr forums about the game play of this final raid was meh at best - reused models, simplistic and/or underwhelming mechanics, 1 tank fights up the ying yang etc etc....so not only are you getting a pathetic trailer it looks like the game play won't be up to snuff either...

    hmmm...maybe trailer quality is relevant to content quality afterall

  12. #352
    Put the Fan Revision instead of the blibli's crap, on the main page.

  13. #353
    Do we know if there are in game cutscenes in this patch?

  14. #354
    Couple people been linking this here already , I saw it and want to promote it too.
    This is the same trailer with one slight adjustment made by a fan, probably less than an hour work.

    And yet, I dare say this small thing already made the trailer SO much better. If you didn't like the original one, you might like this version, if you liked the original one you might find to like this version better.

    A very valid argument to point out how few work Blizzard has done with this.

    WoW 4.3 Trailer - Fan Revision
    [EDIT] oops, I'm not allowed to post any links yet, just enter the title into youtube-search! (where are the forum guidelines, when am I allowed to post pictures and links, any answer please?)
    Last edited by DoomedDiceThrower; 2011-11-29 at 07:46 PM.

  15. #355
    Is that the players fighting against Sylvanas Windrunner in the trailer?

  16. #356
    Legendary! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    6,908
    WoW 4.3 Trailer - Fan Revision [EDIT] oops, I'm not allowed to post any links yet

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLqxJlGZXXA


    That one? Yeah MUCH better.


    OT: Alexstrasza

  17. #357
    Thanks for posting the link. Pandaria trailer had also a kinda sucky composition in my opinion. Wonder if there's a new directing team or something, but if there is they need to get their s**t together.

  18. #358
    Impressive, if I was still playing WoW and not looking forward to SWTOR I would be happy with all that, the video looked great! even tempted to play but it would be pointless for me now.

  19. #359
    Can you change the look of an heirloom item to look like another item? Or is it only the other way.. normal items to look like heirlooms?

  20. #360
    Wow, even the trailer is lazy ><

    Remember when patch trailers went away from simply listing ingame footage and instead decided to include some kind of narrative? You know, the thing they decided to do since VANILLA?!

    Naxxramas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RiJG96t0do
    The black temple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FenWx...feature=relmfu
    Zul'aman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_NKO...feature=relmfu
    Sunwell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHAPA...feature=relmfu
    Ulduar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc-RFT2DqZo
    Icecrown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY3oZ...feature=relmfu
    Zandalari: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfoCq...eature=related
    Firelands: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsXgl...feature=relmfu

    Really, this is the frigging END OF THE EXPANSION and you couldn't even set apart the time to give us at least a voiceover??? Seems like activision isn't even trying to pretend anymore. Then again, if I had made the boss we had hyped all year into just a tank and spank fight doing the same thing for 10 minutes straight, I probably wouldn't want to shout too much about it either....
    Last edited by Thuran; 2011-11-29 at 11:23 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •