Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This is the worst fucking content patch movie I've EVER seen. And I've been playing since BC. Did they pay a 10 year old to make this, because it's pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmiles View Post
    This is the worst fucking content patch movie I've EVER seen. And I've been playing since BC. Did they pay a 10 year old to make this, because it's pathetic.
    turn that frown, upside down
    weeee!

Not only is this the weakest patch trailer Blizzard has ever made, its the weakest trailer of ANYTHING Blizzard has ever made. Seriously this looks like it was shat out by EA in 20mins. Not Blizzard quality. I think it's more apparent than ever that Blizzard is stretching itself too thin (possibly working on other games). As much as they deny it, I just feel they are distracted. Plain and simple. This trailer could have been EPIC. Remind us why Deathwing is the bad guy please? What about some voice acting? The ending of this expansion is such a let down. You had me pumped Blizzard... had me pumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvision View Post
    Not only is this the weakest patch trailer Blizzard has ever made, its the weakest trailer of ANYTHING Blizzard has ever made. Seriously this looks like it was shat out by EA in 20mins. Not Blizzard quality. I think it's more apparent than ever that Blizzard is stretching itself too thin (possibly working on other games). As much as they deny it, I just feel they are distracted. Plain and simple. This trailer could have been EPIC. Remind us why Deathwing is the bad guy please? What about some voice acting? The ending of this expansion is such a let down. You had me pumped Blizzard... had me pumped.
    I agree.

This is supposed to be the main raid boss of the entire expansion, and it looks like crap. You can look at my post history and I don't complain about Blizzard's work before, but this is the first time I will put my foot down.

This is absolute shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree.

This is supposed to be the main raid boss of the entire expansion, and it looks like crap. You can look at my post history and I don't complain about Blizzard's work before, but this is the first time I will put my foot down.

This is absolute shit.
    Thank god the trailer doesn't affect the gameplay at all. I mean, if it did, you might have a coherent point.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaztro View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...aLqxJlGZXXAFan made revision of the trailer using in-game voices. Making it 1000% more epic and atleast it gave me goosebumps.
    This is better than some of their other trailers even. That actually gave me goosebumps too.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Thank god the trailer doesn't affect the gameplay at all. I mean, if it did, you might have a coherent point.
    Well in that case, they might as well not release patch notes, or information about bosses, pets, mounts, new dailies, expansions or anything else in that case if they put in the amount of effort as they did with this video.

You know full well they've done a good job with previous videos so stop trying to call me out for my comments and actually participate in the conversation?
    Cheers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well in that case, they might as well not release patch notes, or information about bosses, pets, mounts, new dailies, expansions or anything else in that case if they put in the amount of effort as they did with this video.

You know full well they've done a good job with previous videos so stop trying to call me out for my comments and actually participate in the conversation?
    Cheers.
    They don't have to release any of that, they really don't. Also, they've released far worse trailers in the past (anything from Vanilla and basically pre-BT), yet the content has been very well done. The teams who work on trailers and videos aren't the same ones coding the game and making it fun to play.

If you base your opinion on a game and game company over the quality of its trailers...then you should be a film critic and not a gamer.

I usually can't be bothered to complain about WoW, anymore, but I have to whole heartedly agree with many others who felt the trailer for 4.3 was pretty uninspired.

And for those saying boo hoo its only a trailer it doesn't affect game play I would politely beg to differ. I would argue that the effort, or lack thereof, put into the trailer is indicative, generally, of the state of the game. If your promotional material, at a time of heightened competition and subscription losses, is as lackluster an effort as that trailer that's a pretty sad commentary. The lack of effort reflects badly on Blizzard and only reinforces the perception that all aspects of the game are declining and/or being given short shrift.

Indeed, with just an iota of imagination, they could have made an epic trailer just like the Fan revised version on the internet. The fact they couldn't be bothered says a lot.
    Last edited by Sensa; 2011-11-29 at 05:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    I usually can't be bothered to complain about WoW, anymore, but I have to whole heartedly agree with many others who felt the trailer for 4.3 was pretty uninspired.

And for those saying boo hoo its only a trailer it doesn't affect game play I would politely beg to differ. I would argue that the effort, or lack thereof, put into the trailer is indicative, generally, of the state of the game. If your promotional material, at a time of heightened competition and subscription losses, is as lackluster an effort as that trailer that's a pretty sad commentary that reflects badly on Blizzard and only reinforces the perception that all aspects of the game are declining and/or being given short shrift.

Indeed, with just a little effort and imagination, they could have made an epic trailer just like the Fan revised version on the internet. The fact they couldn't be bothered says a lot.
    Does that mean that BWL, Onyxia, and AQ are the worst raids they've ever made?

They don't have to release any of that, they really don't. Also, they've released far worse trailers in the past (anything from Vanilla and basically pre-BT), yet the content has been very well done. The teams who work on trailers and videos aren't the same ones coding the game and making it fun to play.

If you base your opinion on a game and game company over the quality of its trailers...then you should be a film critic and not a gamer.
    If you'd actually bother checking out my toon you'd realise I play WoW too much for my own good. I'd already said I'd only played since BC so your point about "vanilla and pre-BT" doesn't actually have any bearing.

The trailers are supposed to (like movie trailers) get people hyped up for the movie. Or in this case a content patch. Content patches are meant to bring people back to the game.

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 05:49 PM ----------

Wtf are you even talking about?
    First of all we've not even talking about Vanilla.
    Secondly, you're assuming things he/she hasn't even said?

No one still playing this game should be shocked by the quality of WoW lately there will always be people too bound to a stupid 3D character they've invested their life into to generate revenue for Blizzard, revenue that will be spent on improving their two modern titles that don't have a lame monthly sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attention all loyal pvp-ing Hunters, blizzard sends you a message with love: YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!

Deleted
    Bah, what? I am an avid defender of many things blizzard, I belong to the Pro-Pandas (which other people might argue is the same as being contra-blizzard, but oh well), and I am a lover of Wow trailers. I hope people are not too much on the edge over the ongoing, heated Panda-discussion, and I don't want to see anyones hype broken, but I also dislike this trailer. There's next to no plot-elaboration, no story-telling involved in this, nothing here breathes live into the game, any trailer since TBC I can think of was more extravagant in its presentation. Even 4.1 was more interesting. "Lackluster" seems a good word from what I'm reading here. Swizzle, it's nice of you to defend the company, but I think a trailer is for not few people an important part of the overall experience. It doesnt say anything about the patch's content, but I was actively looking forward to that trailer, and can't help to feel a bit disappointed in an area that Blizzard has done well constantly the past few years. It's a curious big drop of quality right there. Probably stretching too much as someone else stated. My personal impression is that during cataclysm, Blizzard started to carefully field-test where they can economise effort put into the development to maximise the profit over the next few years (which might be considered an "End phase" after the games subscriptions peak-times are probably (?) over).

15+ Year Old Account
    People are actually complaining about the trailer? I came here to say "anyone else wish this was the trailer for the next expansion?".

Is 4.3 the patch that increases Experience earned by 25% in Northrend and BC?

Deleted
    Bah, what? I am an avid defender of many things blizzard, I belong to the Pro-Pandas (which other people might argue is the same as being contra-blizzard, but oh well), and I am a lover of Wow trailers. I hope people are not too much on the edge over the ongoing, heated Panda-discussion, and I don't want to see anyones hype broken, but I also dislike this trailer. There's next to no plot-elaboration, no story-telling involved in this, nothing here breathes live into the game, any trailer since TBC I can think of was more extravagant in its presentation. Even 4.1 was more interesting. "Lackluster" seems a good word from what I'm reading here. Swizzle, it's nice of you to defend the company, but I think a trailer is for not few people an important part of the overall experience. It doesnt say anything about the patch's content, but I was actively looking forward to that trailer, and can't help to feel a bit disappointed in an area that Blizzard has done well constantly the past few years. It's a curious big drop of quality right there. Probably stretching too much as someone else stated. My personal impression is that during cataclysm, Blizzard started to carefully field-test where they can economise effort put into the development to maximise the profit over the next few years (which might be considered an "End phase" after the games subscriptions peak-times are probably (?) over).

that's quite the straw dog you set up there. It was blizzard themselves that decided to put more effort into their trailers over the years. This was a wise marketing ploy and also created an expectation regarding the quality of future trailers. At a time when they are losing subscribers at an unprecedented rate and are facing ever increasing competition you would think they would put even more effort into promoting the final patch of this expansion. That fact that they didn't, in my opinion, speaks volumes about both their commitment and the quality of the product.

But let's take your "argument" to its logical conclusion. Would it be okay for Blizzard, in patch 4.3, to take away other improvements they have made over the years like reinstating the level 40 mount requirement or removing dual specs? Didn't think it would. So why are you "satisfied" when they put less effort and imagination into a trailer for the final expansion of Cata?

It's nice to see that Blizzard has officially regressed to EQ1 and EQ2 production quality in their latest patch trailer. If this doesn't confirm that WoW is in Blizzard's rear-view mirror I don't know what does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stooe View Post
    Is 4.3 the patch that increases Experience earned by 25% in Northrend and BC?
    I think it's just Northrend, by 30%. BC is already a breeze