Deleted

Computer for TOR, is this worth the price? (not a computer head)

Default Products
    1 Scan Value Range G30
    1 Scan Value System Range
    System Case
    1 Coolermaster Elite 430 Black & Coolermaster Elite 500W PSU
    Motherboard
    1 Asus P8H61-M LE, Intel H61 - USB3 Support
    CPU
    1 Intel Core i3 2120, 3.3GHz, 3MB Cache - Dual Core with Hyperthreading!
    Memory - DDR3
    1 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance - 1600MHz
    Graphics Cards
    1 1Gb EVGA GTX 460 SC - Mid Gaming Card
    Sound Card
    1 Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card & Headphone Ampifier
    Solid State Drives - High Performance System Drive
    1 *Solid State Drive Not Required*
    System Drive
    1 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm, 16MB Cache
    Optical Drive
    1 Samsung SH-S222AB/BEBE - 22x DVD Writer
    Operating System
    1 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

NO MONITOR = £551.92 INC VAT

Im not too good with computers yet i am looking to buy a pc in order to play TOR and other games. I was recommended this PC on another forum so i am just looking for a 2nd opinion. I am no computer head and have no intention of building a pc which i know is a cheaper option. i am just wondering if 1) this computer will play the old republic fairly well, and 2) if this computer is worth the money paid for it. Thanks.

Your post was caught in the moderation-filter. Sorry about that. I will also move it to the correct section (build-help).

It's a good computer for such a low budget. However, if you're on a budget, losing the sound card in favour of the on-board sound in addition to perhaps get a better GPU would be more beneficial for your money.
    This is if you are able to customise the package at all.
    If not, it's still a good package - for the price!

Deleted
    Thanks, its possible to upgrade the graphics card to ''1GB XFX HD 6870 - Gaming Graphics Card'' which then takes the whole build, without monitor etc to £576.30. Is this still a good deal for this build?

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 12:47 AM ----------

I am also looking at this computer which is a little bit more money, yet alot of people on SWTOR forums recommend i go with this build.

Processor
    Intel Core i5 2300 2.8ghz Quad Core 6MB L3 Cache
    Motherboard
    H61-M Motherboard
    Graphics Card
    Radeon HD 6870 1024MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1
    Memory:
    4GB Corsair / Kingston 1333MHZ DDR3
    Hard Drive:
    500GB SATA Hard Drive 6GB/S
    Optical Drive:
    22/24x DVDRW
    Sound Card
    High Definition Audio 2/4/5.1/7.1- channel
    Case:
    Xigmatek Asgard Black
    Power Supply:
    XIGMATEK NRP-VC503 500W PSU
    Operating System
    None - Optional Windows 7 premium 64 Bit
    Warranty:
    1 Year Standard GLHF Warranty

£607 including Win 7

The specs needed for SWTOR seem a bit low actually. In beta w/ everything on Max and broken Vsync im at 111-130 fps np everywhere.

Fuzzeekee
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    The specs needed for SWTOR seem a bit low actually. In beta w/ everything on Max and broken Vsync im at 111-130 fps np everywhere.
    He should be fine if he decides on a nice GPU and that particular setup. It can hit ultra settings on mine. Personally I have a 6950 (not suggesting you buy it) and it was REALLY smooth even with masses of players around, lots of animations, etc. (PS: My CPU is terrible) ....If you buy the i3, you can just replace it next year with a fancy thing and still be future proof. The GPU will matter more when you start to crank up the post processing and set everything to ultra.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzeekee View Post
    He should be fine if he decides on a nice GPU and that particular setup. It can hit ultra settings on mine. Personally I have a 6950 (not suggesting you buy it) and it was REALLY smooth even with masses of players around, lots of animations, etc. (PS: My CPU is terrible) ....If you buy the i3, you can just replace it next year with a fancy thing and still be future proof. The GPU will matter more when you start to crank up the post processing and set everything to ultra.
    It's been widely discussed on tor's official forums that the game is far more CPU dependent than GPU dependent. Please research before you make misinformed suggestions.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Fuzzeekee
    Glo: Does that mean he shouldn't buy a 6870 like he said? I don't think he should go too much lower, then you can't add more post processing? I'm just confirming what the moderator said about the GPU. I don't get how that's misinformation, or that makes you want to answer my post again saying that about Milkshake, Tetris and I?

I thought the 6870 was already in the build, and people were suggesting to get something better. Sorry.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics