Poll: Do you know anyone that isn't hypocritical

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you know anyone that isn't hypocritical

Do you actually know anyone that isn't hypocritical about anything, I for one do not know anyone that isn't

Deleted
    In what sense?

Hypocrazy is simply a matter of perspective so what may seem like rational and legit reasoning on my part may seem hypocritcal to you, as you may not be aware of the full picture. And vice versa, naturally.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone is a hypocrite, the good guys are the ones who realize it the moment they are acting like a hypocrite and slap themselves in the face for it. The bad guys are the ones who say that they are not hypocrites, never were, never will be, like evah!11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody like that exists. There are some who try their damnedest to avoid being hypocritical but everyone is to some degree or another.

The true hypocrites are the ones who say they aren't hypocrites.

We're all hypocritical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

No, and anyone saying otherwise would be lying to themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Nope. I think we're all guilty of hypocrisy every now and then.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

15+ Year Old Account
    I am a hypocrite. If I understand that word correctly.

I keep telling my son to not eat candy during the week(saturday only), but I allow myself to eat chocolate every day. I try to hide it, but I am sure he knows very well what mommy is doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a hypocrite when it comes to me being a hypocrite.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    I am a hypocrite. If I understand that word correctly.

I keep telling my son to not eat candy during the week(saturday only), but I allow myself to eat chocolate every day. I try to hide it, but I am sure he knows very well what mommy is doing.
    .. And here I thought the Hitler couple were bad

And I wouldn't label this as hypocritical. There are factors that imply the kid might not benefit from a chocolate bar a day. The first being that sugar hyped kids are annoying as hell But more importantly that children aren't able to balance their own diet and (some) adults are. Once he knows what is good for him and what isn't and demonstrates the abilty to control it, I'm sure he'll be allowed to have chocolate when he wants.

More like: I know what chocolate does to you when consumed daily and am able to control my food intake. You aren't. You are in my care, therefore you may not each chocolate every day.
    Last edited by mmoc494ea71a08; 2011-11-28 at 01:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, pretty much everyone is a hypocrite at somepoint, myself included.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hypocrisy is basically a white lie. We tell our kids not to touch the expensive vase, but we move that bitch around a lot. It's a form of hypocrisy.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    .. And here I thought the Hitler couple were bad

And I wouldn't label this as hypocritical. There are factors that imply the kid might not benefit from a chocolate bar a day. The first being that sugar hyped kids are annoying as hell But more importantly that children aren't able to balance their own diet and (some) adults are. Once he knows what is good for him and what isn't and demonstrates the abilty to control it, I'm sure he'll be allowed to have chocolate when he wants.

More like: I know what chocolate does to you when consumed daily and am able to control my food intake. You aren't. You are in my care, therefore you may not each chocolate every day.
    That's actually the excuse I am using to make myself feel less stupid .

Deleted
    As others have said, everyone is a hypocrite at some point in their lives. It's not even a negative thing in all cases, either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    That's actually the excuse I am using to make myself feel less stupid .
    Nothing stupid or hypocritical about being a responsible parent.

Leads back to my original post - most cases of hypocrazy aren't really that as there is almost certianly more to it than "You're not allowed to, but I am".

Now give the poor child some chocolate before some one calls CPS!

everyone are hypocrites, but not me!

just about everyone i know is a hypocrite exept my father the 29 years i have been alive not once has he shown that he is a hypocrite not once. he is a good old man

Common social behaviour often implies hypocrisy.

Deleted
    I know someone who is less hypocritical than most, but more hypocritical on a few select things like being too belligerent and bullish sometimes blinding their judgment. And not admitting temporary incidences of said behaviour induce hypocrisy or that they are in anyway wrong. I don't think I know anyone who is not a hypocrite, but some are worse hypocrites than others who are innocently misguided and so on.

Is this a suitably earnest answer?

Who would want to be like that? You would never be able to learn from your mistakes. That would be a boring life.