Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I'm overweight now, I don't even weigh at 200 lbs, and I'm 24!

There's more to this story ; that child has a medical condition, it's pretty clear. We can't get the full story as it is with ANY custody battle, but that kid probably has a severe hormone imbalance, or some sort of thyroid problem, or something else.

Your body will not retain that much weight in a healthy 8 year old boy. There's clearly something wrong.

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 02:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Unless you live in Antarctica then this statement is the biggest crock I have ever heard. A 66g chocolate bar will run you about 1.25 where I live at a convenience store. Bananas at the supermarket, less than a dollar... PER POUND.

So it's rediculously cheaper to give your child a banana as a treat.

The average meal at McDonalds here runs roughly 7-8 dollars. You can get 20 lbs of fresh potatoes for about 4 dollars.

Fresh vegetables, also rediculously cheap. A whole head of iceberg lettuce, well if you pay more than 2 bucks for it here(even in the winter when it has to be trucked in from california) you probably got ripped off.

A 4 kilogram bulk box of boneless, skinless chicken breasts cost me about 33 bucks the other night (and I didn't even go to the cheapest possible store to get that). 4 kilograms of chicken will make a ton of meals.

Durum Wheat Pasta...that stuff is really cheap too, and made with enriched flour.

Loaves of bread, if you buy the kind that isn't pre-sliced you can still walk away with a decent sized loaf of bread for under a dollar.

The only place where FAST food becomes more convenient is that it's fast. It's several hundred percent more expensive than actually preparing your own meals though.

So the real issue is that you have too many idiot parents who would rather sit around playing farmville than hop in the kitchen and make a proper meal for their kids, they also end up complaining that life is too expensive when in reality if you take the time to shop around, and do prep work you can feed your child a full, healthy meal for pennies a plate.
    Bananas are fattening as hell, and eating too many can lead to a hormone imbalance that could lead to an even more extreme condition. I'm no doctor - but this is what I was recently told by a doctor(I heavily enjoy bananas, and was eating in the area of 5-6 per day - this is actually incredibly unhealthy I found).

Healthy means different things to different people. There's very few foods that you can point at and say THIS IS BAD FOR YOU IN ALL CASES. A diet is what's healthy or unhealthy, not the particular foods. An apple a day will keep the doctor away, but a bushel might just kill ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I'm overweight now, I don't even weigh at 200 lbs, and I'm 24!

There's more to this story ; that child has a medical condition, it's pretty clear. We can't get the full story as it is with ANY custody battle, but that kid probably has a severe hormone imbalance, or some sort of thyroid problem, or something else.

Your body will not retain that much weight in a healthy 8 year old boy. There's clearly something wrong.

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 02:58 AM ----------

Bananas are fattening as hell, and eating too many can lead to a hormone imbalance that could lead to an even more extreme condition. I'm no doctor - but this is what I was recently told by a doctor(I heavily enjoy bananas, and was eating in the area of 5-6 per day - this is actually incredibly unhealthy I found).

Healthy means different things to different people. There's very few foods that you can point at and say THIS IS BAD FOR YOU IN ALL CASES. A diet is what's healthy or unhealthy, not the particular foods. An apple a day will keep the doctor away, but a bushel might just kill ya.
    A lot of fruits are bad if you eat too much, I don't eat any at all.

I have vegetables instead, they are much more healthy. I normally eat about 1/3 of a cauli, a cabbage, and have 1 carrot and a few sprouts or peas or beans or whatever is on offer vegetable wise. They are much MUCH more healthy than fruits because they don't contain as much sugar. I would say fruits are actually more of a treat, not so much as factory produced candy of course but they are certainly not as healthy as people claim - especially if you don't lead an active lifestyle.

I tend to have omlette in the morning, vegetables and roast chicken for tea.

Occasionaly as treats I will have a beef curry, or a beef or chicken or fish pasta meal type thing with sconcigli and parmesan, something to add variety but not removing the staple that provides me with all that I need without any extra.

Best thing you can do for your diet too is staying away from the media, they put a load of horse crap in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

He weighs like 20kg more than me. Wow.
    The intervention was justified, in my opinion.

To me this reeks of neglect on the mother's side, perhaps even neglect she recognises but wrongly assumes she can make up for it by giving the kid candy and other treats.

I'm all for moving the kid out, but not permanently. Get the kid away, teach him how to be healthy and help him lose weight, teach his mom how to be a decent mother and treat her issues, as she probably has several of them as well, and then get them back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    A lot of fruits are bad if you eat too much, I don't eat any at all.

I have vegetables instead, they are much more healthy. I normally eat about 1/3 of a cauli, a cabbage, and have 1 carrot and a few sprouts or peas or beans or whatever is on offer vegetable wise. They are much MUCH more healthy than fruits because they don't contain as much sugar. I would say fruits are actually more of a treat, not so much as factory produced candy of course but they are certainly not as healthy as people claim - especially if you don't lead an active lifestyle.

I tend to have omlette in the morning, vegetables and roast chicken for tea.

Occasionaly as treats I will have a beef curry, or a beef or chicken or fish pasta meal type thing with sconcigli and parmesan, something to add variety but not removing the staple that provides me with all that I need without any extra.

Best thing you can do for your diet too is staying away from the media, they put a load of horse crap in there.

Agreed with everything, especially the part I bolded lol

Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    Now what? They will take away my child if it is too tall?

I completely disagree with this, I feel the story is not complete.

Are you kidding me?

The government has too much power. This shouldn't be happening.
    because the mother has complete control over how tall her kid is.....

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    or maybe the mother is overwhelmingly incompetent.
    Or maybe we just don't know the whole story and should stop judging anyone involved in the story without sufficient evidence.

Also inb4 "Government has too much power".
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |