Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemos View Post
    Yes.

Obesity is a problem.
    Obesity leads to a lot of medical problems and we all know that.
    People should think about the health before eating everything in their freezer just for a quick meal.

A boy with that problem is so bad, and it's all about family if he is in that state.
    In the deep you know it's true.
    Not only that ,

Obeses people (also Anorexian peeps) costs millions of dollars/Euro's a year on medical costs.
    I don't hate them for that, but that is one of the reasons that medical health care insuarance montly costs are going up.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Why the hell would you remove him from his family just because he likes eating?? that is so wrong on so many levels...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    http://www.kipaddotta.com/sounds/tro...ouble-hole.wma

whenever people start talking about 'eating the right kinds of food', this sketch always comes to mind.
    really appreciated that one thank you :P

Quote Originally Posted by 15davanz View Post
    Why the hell would you remove him from his family just because he likes eating?? that is so wrong on so many levels...
    does nothing strike you odd about an 8 year old that weighs 90 kilos?
    you know, like the fact that he probably can't walk without hurting his whole bone structure?

one of the duties that are placed on parents by the society is to stop their kids from doing stupid things.
    does stopping your kid from putting his fingers in a meat grinder sound like a good idea to you?

probably.

does stopping your kid obtaining a weight that leads to bone distortions, disabilities and potentially other complications sound like a good idea?

probably.

for the sake of it I looked up how much an eight year old SHOULD weigh, per average:
    http://www.disabled-world.com/artman...ht-teens.shtml

around 60 pounds.

this kid weighs about three times as much as his age group does per average.
    that would be the same of an 180 cm tall male weighing close to 250 kilos.

starting to see the issue?
    Last edited by mmoc63f6c1cc20; 2011-11-28 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    there's a professor who got fed up with that statement, so here you go:
    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/1...sor/index.html
    Couldn't agree more with this, I started keeping track of my calories. And WOW its amazing how fast they can add up, also a lot of those "healthy" foods can be packed full of calories. I have since started to lose weight, I was not obese but I was overweight.

But on topic, is it really better to put more kids in foster care? Its not like we have lines of people out there wanting to take in foster kids. More then likely he will be stuck in foster care till he turns 18. Would it not be better to have a program to try and teach people how to eat right?

Quote Originally Posted by caveslug View Post
    But on topic, is it really better to put more kids in foster care? Its not like we have lines of people out there wanting to take in foster kids. More then likely he will be stuck in foster care till he turns 18. Would it not be better to have a program to try and teach people how to eat right?
    I agree with this to a degree, if the availability of too much food is the child's biggest problem I think they can find another solution....

I guess we don't know the whole story though

Court ordered diet / exercise?

If the US want to control obesity, why do things like classify Pizza as a Veggie when tomatoes are fruits and give parents excuses to feed their children unhealthy food, its a bit of a contradiction

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Overweight adult male is 200 pounds to you lol? I mean yeah 200 pounds is ridiculous as a 8 years old. But thats not overweight for any male adult thats over 6 foot tall or more.

On topic, good call. Its the reversal of malnourished kids and should be threated as such.
    TBH yeah 90kilos... thats like what.. 14 stone? Unless your muscular (properly muscular) that is pretty overweight. That's certainly a fat bastard/bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafter View Post
    If the US want to control obesity, why do things like classify Pizza as a Veggie when tomatoes are fruits and give parents excuses to feed their children unhealthy food, its a bit of a contradiction
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    there's a professor who got fed up with that statement, so here you go:
    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/1...sor/index.html
    Just quoting him, might wanna look at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Medical problem or not, the mother isn't doing what she should have been i.e, making healthy food choices or taking him to the hospital for his potential illness.

So i say taking him away is completely justified, imo.
    "Ok, fuck it, I lied. It's drum and bass."

15+ Year Old Account
    In a place where hordes of squirrels roam free.
    Quote Originally Posted by 15davanz View Post
    i severely hope you're trolling or just insanely ignorant.

"I do not want to live on this planet anymore"
    Speaking for morality in economics is like fucking for virginity.

Good, sounds like a horrible parents. I was poor and lived in a very poor area, and nobody was that fat, at most 1 young kid was a little chubby, but no 200lb kid. There are like 2 types of poor people in the US: poor people that are skinny, don't go to mcDs all the time (because it's actually more expensive), really struggling trying to get a better life. Then there are these people who are what I call LAZY ASSES they are fat, their kids are fat and have xboxs, they often wear the nicest shoes and spend their money on trivial expensive stuff, and then blame society, food industry, etc...for their problems. Sorry to rant, but it just pisses me off.

Jesus im 21 and i weigh 79kg, this is insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no difference between his parents doing this and the exact opposite: starving him. Both are extremely detrimental to his health and well being.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm 22 and weight ~85 kilograms, which is about ~190 pounds...but really? 90kg for an eight year old? That's just fucking excessive and there's some serious issue there, health related or not.

and 8 year old thats past morbidly obese? i think thats pretty shitty parenting if you dont control what your child eats. and even so, rapid weight gain should be observed by a doctor and tested for things like thyroid problems and other medical issues. a doctor may have told her something and she ignored it and that would count as child abuse, and can be reported.

so in short, yes i do think he should have been removed.
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    There is no difference between his parents doing this and the exact opposite: starving him. Both are extremely detrimental to his health and well being.
    Exactly and nobody would be complaining if that were the case.

I'm overweight now, I don't even weigh at 200 lbs, and I'm 24!

There's more to this story ; that child has a medical condition, it's pretty clear. We can't get the full story as it is with ANY custody battle, but that kid probably has a severe hormone imbalance, or some sort of thyroid problem, or something else.

Your body will not retain that much weight in a healthy 8 year old boy. There's clearly something wrong.

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 02:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Unless you live in Antarctica then this statement is the biggest crock I have ever heard. A 66g chocolate bar will run you about 1.25 where I live at a convenience store. Bananas at the supermarket, less than a dollar... PER POUND.

So it's rediculously cheaper to give your child a banana as a treat.

The average meal at McDonalds here runs roughly 7-8 dollars. You can get 20 lbs of fresh potatoes for about 4 dollars.

Fresh vegetables, also rediculously cheap. A whole head of iceberg lettuce, well if you pay more than 2 bucks for it here(even in the winter when it has to be trucked in from california) you probably got ripped off.

A 4 kilogram bulk box of boneless, skinless chicken breasts cost me about 33 bucks the other night (and I didn't even go to the cheapest possible store to get that). 4 kilograms of chicken will make a ton of meals.

Durum Wheat Pasta...that stuff is really cheap too, and made with enriched flour.

Loaves of bread, if you buy the kind that isn't pre-sliced you can still walk away with a decent sized loaf of bread for under a dollar.

The only place where FAST food becomes more convenient is that it's fast. It's several hundred percent more expensive than actually preparing your own meals though.

So the real issue is that you have too many idiot parents who would rather sit around playing farmville than hop in the kitchen and make a proper meal for their kids, they also end up complaining that life is too expensive when in reality if you take the time to shop around, and do prep work you can feed your child a full, healthy meal for pennies a plate.
    Bananas are fattening as hell, and eating too many can lead to a hormone imbalance that could lead to an even more extreme condition. I'm no doctor - but this is what I was recently told by a doctor(I heavily enjoy bananas, and was eating in the area of 5-6 per day - this is actually incredibly unhealthy I found).

Healthy means different things to different people. There's very few foods that you can point at and say THIS IS BAD FOR YOU IN ALL CASES. A diet is what's healthy or unhealthy, not the particular foods. An apple a day will keep the doctor away, but a bushel might just kill ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I'm overweight now, I don't even weigh at 200 lbs, and I'm 24!

There's more to this story ; that child has a medical condition, it's pretty clear. We can't get the full story as it is with ANY custody battle, but that kid probably has a severe hormone imbalance, or some sort of thyroid problem, or something else.

Your body will not retain that much weight in a healthy 8 year old boy. There's clearly something wrong.

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 02:58 AM ----------

Bananas are fattening as hell, and eating too many can lead to a hormone imbalance that could lead to an even more extreme condition. I'm no doctor - but this is what I was recently told by a doctor(I heavily enjoy bananas, and was eating in the area of 5-6 per day - this is actually incredibly unhealthy I found).

Healthy means different things to different people. There's very few foods that you can point at and say THIS IS BAD FOR YOU IN ALL CASES. A diet is what's healthy or unhealthy, not the particular foods. An apple a day will keep the doctor away, but a bushel might just kill ya.
    A lot of fruits are bad if you eat too much, I don't eat any at all.

I have vegetables instead, they are much more healthy. I normally eat about 1/3 of a cauli, a cabbage, and have 1 carrot and a few sprouts or peas or beans or whatever is on offer vegetable wise. They are much MUCH more healthy than fruits because they don't contain as much sugar. I would say fruits are actually more of a treat, not so much as factory produced candy of course but they are certainly not as healthy as people claim - especially if you don't lead an active lifestyle.

I tend to have omlette in the morning, vegetables and roast chicken for tea.

Occasionaly as treats I will have a beef curry, or a beef or chicken or fish pasta meal type thing with sconcigli and parmesan, something to add variety but not removing the staple that provides me with all that I need without any extra.

Best thing you can do for your diet too is staying away from the media, they put a load of horse crap in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    To me this reeks of neglect on the mother's side, perhaps even neglect she recognises but wrongly assumes she can make up for it by giving the kid candy and other treats.

I'm all for moving the kid out, but not permanently. Get the kid away, teach him how to be healthy and help him lose weight, teach his mom how to be a decent mother and treat her issues, as she probably has several of them as well, and then get them back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    A lot of fruits are bad if you eat too much, I don't eat any at all.

I have vegetables instead, they are much more healthy. I normally eat about 1/3 of a cauli, a cabbage, and have 1 carrot and a few sprouts or peas or beans or whatever is on offer vegetable wise. They are much MUCH more healthy than fruits because they don't contain as much sugar. I would say fruits are actually more of a treat, not so much as factory produced candy of course but they are certainly not as healthy as people claim - especially if you don't lead an active lifestyle.

I tend to have omlette in the morning, vegetables and roast chicken for tea.

Occasionaly as treats I will have a beef curry, or a beef or chicken or fish pasta meal type thing with sconcigli and parmesan, something to add variety but not removing the staple that provides me with all that I need without any extra.

Best thing you can do for your diet too is staying away from the media, they put a load of horse crap in there.

Agreed with everything, especially the part I bolded lol