SWTOR Attributes and Damage types

Ok, so myself and anyone else not sure what attributes do what I have found some information. I still am not sure what the difference between normal and Kinetic damage is though.

Primary Stats

All primary stats give 1% crit for every 140 (at level 50)
    Aim gives 0.2 ranged damage
    Strength gives 0.2 melee damage
    Cunning gives 0.2 tech damage
    Will power gives 0.2 force damage

Secondary Stats

Presence – boots companion health, damage and healing
    Power – adds melee, force and tech damage
    Force/Tech Power – Found on weapons, works like Power but does not provide melee/ranged damage
    Accuracy – Gives +hit and gives armor/spell pen over 100%
    Crit – gives melee, force and tech crit
    Surge – increased critical damage
    Armor – reduces physical and kinetic damage (all Tech and Force powers unless listed otherwise are Kinetic)
    Defense – increases Parry/Deflect (deflect is just ranged parry)
    Shield – increases chance to be shielded on attack
    Absorption – increases the % of damage shaved off shielded attacks
    Alacrity – Cast/channel Haste
    Expertise – PvP stat. Increases damage and healing done, reduces damage taken.
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarf; 2011-11-28 at 10:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Il add that some class gain different effect from some stats, like lets say willpower for Sith inquisitor Assassin, they gain both melee damage and force damage but doesnt get any increase in force resources.

Deleted
    I was looking Smuggler infos.. and i found something interesting.
    Cunning is the top stat even if you go Scoundrel or Gunslinger. The only difference is that if your Scoundrel, it will also give you a healing bonus.
    Source and a SS here : http://www.oldrepublic.net/threads/3...-smuggler.html
    Now i imagine it's the same rule for every class with a healing AC... as IA etc..

Deleted
    Imo that "All primary stats give 1% crit for every 140 (at level 50)" and the rest, may change till the game will be launched....but that's just me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SafariS View Post
    I was looking Smuggler infos.. and i found something interesting.
    Cunning is the top stat even if you go Scoundrel or Gunslinger. The only difference is that if your Scoundrel, it will also give you a healing bonus.
    Source and a SS here : http://www.oldrepublic.net/threads/3...-smuggler.html
    Now i imagine it's the same rule for every class with a healing AC... as IA etc..
    Yes, cunning boosts all of the IA abilities. Quite a nice system really. The main issue I noticed was heavy armour wearers(BH) rolling on medium armour. A friend at work told me they don't even use the same stats, unfortunately the game doesn't seem to prohibit it.

Deleted
    Those might be for the companion
    I played smuggler, and my companion was wearing Heavy Armor.

This is very helpful information. I know it's really basic, but I hadn't even delved into my own personal theorycrafting.

So it begins...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Ok, so myself and anyone else not sure what attributes do what I have found some information. I still am not sure what the difference between normal and Kinetic damage is though.
    Normal damage can be blocked by jedis/siths (i think they have like 10% block or something), can be blocked by smugglers/IAs in cover etc.
    Kinetic damage never missed so far, so i'd say kinetic damage is superior, but ofc maybe there are some resist buff against it etc

Quote Originally Posted by aParadise View Post
    Normal damage can be blocked by jedis/siths (i think they have like 10% block or something), can be blocked by smugglers/IAs in cover etc.
    Kinetic damage never missed so far, so i'd say kinetic damage is superior, but ofc maybe there are some resist buff against it etc
    Kinetic Damage feels to me essentially like physical damage
    for example (and id hate to do it but heres a wow reference)
    a warriors white attack is a physical attack (very basic SWTOR attacks)
    a warriors "special attacks" would be like kinetic damage

thats basically how i saw it throughout my testing, albeit i could be wrong

Deleted
    No, there are also some special abilities which deal weapon/physical damage. For example, "full auto" ability of a trooper.
    And these abilities can be blocked, experienced it today in a warzone.

Kinetic damage is affected by armor. Internal/Elemental damage is not.

I've enjoyed the flashpoints so far. They just feel better than WoW instances even though they're basically the same thing.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.