Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungRider View Post
    I don't know about this orange dead pixel business. I was playing the beta and had not noticed it. I run it on a video card 580GTX, and a 24 inch LCD monitor. Some people experience may change due to playing this game. I am thinking it wasn't the game or everyone would been had it. Maybe some issue with the video card?
    It comes and goes. I didnt see it on Friday, but saw people talking about it. Then I saw it all day on Sat, but not Sunday. It was weird.

Take wow because almost everyone knows it.

Paladins and warriors.

Both wear plate. both can use a 2h or 1h/shield. Both have some single target abilities that are basicly the same (hit someone for weapon + x dmg/some effect).
    Both have an aoe dmg ability. Yet no one would ever say there the same class.

Swtor doesnt have a duel wield class that can tank unless you couldnt the double lightsabre as duel wield. Just like wow doesnt give you a ranged dps in plate.
    Your not going to get everything you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I disagree. You make a choice and stick with it, people are so indecisive these days, sometimes you must make sacrifices, choose the class and make due with your choice. I like this design choice, no more players respecing every day for a different role so they can roll on gear other people want.
    Watch the weather change...

Advanced Classes are basically different classes, not specs. Instead of selecting at the character creation screen you choose later after getting firmiliar with abilities. You are clearly told about the choice. Its your own fault if you choose wrong.

I don't want to see dual specs either. All it has done is foster greed and players who want to roll on everything that drops.

I don't see the need for them in this game. Healers and Tanks capable of impressive offensive output, especially since they also have their companions. If they do introduce dual spec it should be a PvP only spec. They could let you flipflop in the open world but in FP/Ops you can only use your PvE spec and in Warzones you are switched to the PvP spec.

It depends on how you are looking at it. If you choose your specialization then regret it after a few levels of trying it then I understand. But to be high level and decided you want to try healing but chose an ac without healing then you shouldn't be able to. That would be like class changing from rogue to priest at a high level in WoW.

It would be nice to have a way of testing each AC before you make your final choice, or being able to switch before, lets say level 15. But tbh I think it's fine how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

It would be nice if they at least allowed you a do-over choice for a few levels.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I don't want to see dual specs either. All it has done is foster greed and players who want to roll on everything that drops.

I don't see the need for them in this game. Healers and Tanks capable of impressive offensive output, especially since they also have their companions. If they do introduce dual spec it should be a PvP only spec. They could let you flipflop in the open world but in FP/Ops you can only use your PvE spec and in Warzones you are switched to the PvP spec.
    This is the one true need for dual spec imo, but it should still only be within your AC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    I happen to agree with that they should have a process to change your specialization. I'm playing an Imperial Agent, at 10 I choose between Sniper or Operative. I went Sniper and put points into Marksman, BUT I saw a tree under Operative that I would like to try out...Concealment , all about sneaking around and stabbing folks. With the way it is I would have to level an Agent back to at least 20 just to see if I liked it. (which is basically half way)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a very bad and outdated philosophy to not allow dual spec, especially when all classes can tank or heal it should be important that you are able to have both a tank/heal spec as well as a normal DPS spec. I really hope they add this feature soon as it really holds the game back from enjoying to its full potential and puts a big limit on your choices, which most other MMO's have already grown out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    It's a very bad and outdated philosophy to not allow dual spec, especially when all classes can tank or heal it should be important that you are able to have both a tank/heal spec as well as a normal DPS spec. I really hope they add this feature soon as it really holds the game back from enjoying to its full potential and puts a big limit on your choices, which most other MMO's have already grown out of.
    The fact that almost every class is basically a hybrd is exactly why you don't need dual specs. It made sense in WOW because Tanks and Healers were strictly tanks and healers, they were horrible at everything else.

In this game tanks and healers are able to output enough damage to get the job done, especially when paired with a companion.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I don't like about it is having to play the starter quest stuff all over again to do the other tree. I don't mind not being able to change it though. I think it makes your decisions more important rather than be a 'cut and paste' player.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

I'm not a big fan of being able to switch your ACs in TOR, I'm more for being able to dual spec for those too lazy to reset their skill trees. Switching your AC will be expensive considering you have to train and buy a lot of new abilities and their ranks, will have to craft ,buy, grind or rely on the kindness of friends to gear your toon for it's new AC in some class cases. The SW is a good example of this, if I played 40 levels as a Vengeance Jugg and then decided I wanted to switch to a Mara, I'd have to get medium armor with the proper secondary stats for my spec, another saber and all the mods necessary to make my dps comprable or above what it was from the aforementioned ways.

If I was playing an SI Sorc and decided I wanted to change to a Sin, not only would I have to grind,craft or buy gear that had more secondary stats of the spec I was going but the transition from one playstyle to another might be difficult and time consuming for some people. In WoW terms, I'd effectively be going from an Arcane mage to a rogue which are very different classes and have varied playstyles. Some people might be successful at it, but I suspect a majority of the playerbase would not transition well into their new AC for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alka View Post
    The One thing right now I do not like, is the Orange Dead Pixel near the default chat... thought it was my monitor.
    It was listed in the Known bugs.

Some one made a guild 'The orange god' The pixel was his eye watching you back.

@OP, didnt check to see if it was still in, but you could pay credits to change your AC up to lvl 20 (i think).
    Im just here till SWTOR launch.

Another thing not a Fan of is the different world instances, it didn't work out too well in Conan esp. in world PVP, makes it hard to camp/grief players

i didnt like SW:Tor as much as i thought i would. the combat feels awkward and pvp is just a huge mess. to be a new game the graphics isn't that good either imo. still gonna play because i like the RPG story in star wars, guess i had too high hopes and demands for it and set myself up for dissapointment. for all i know it will be better at release

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont have an issue with the advanced specializations as much as i have an issue with the choice seeming so trivial. there should be a lot more around the choice than just choose. Id say there should be some sort of play-through for each specialization to get a feel for the spec before you just trivially pick it. sadly after submitting 70+ surveys about the same thing as well as the lack of character customization it has been ignored.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alka View Post
    Another thing not a Fan of is the different world instances, it didn't work out too well in Conan esp. in world PVP, makes it hard to camp/grief players
    The only zones that end up having several phases, are the origin and capital planets. after those i have only seen it on 1 other and it was only during mid day yesterday, on the level 16 Taris.
    Im just here till SWTOR launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    a TRUE RPG, has you focusing very intently on building up one character in one way.

i love that we are 'pigeon-holed' into something so defined. gives you a really good chance to become a master at it.

or you could roll 2-3 of the same class with different subclasses and different trees...

15+ Year Old Account
    Orange dead pixel and that damn Smart camera bullshit...

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<