Deleted

Mouse acting weird

So, I was away for a couple of hours, I turned on my computer only to find out that my mouse hardly moves, and if it moves, it's very jerky and doesn't really go into the direction I want it to go, thus making it impossible to use. It works well on bright surface, eg. my screen. But on my regular black mouse pad (Roccat Taito) which has served for years it doesn't really do anything. It worked perfectly before I left my house a couple hours back. And now it suddenly doesn't work.

What could cause this? Thank you already!

it sounds silly, but did you actually tried to clean optical\laser before posting this?

Deleted
    Yeah, a couple of times actually. But the thing I don't understand is, that it works on bright surfaces. Could that mean that the optical is dying, or..?

Unplug it and then plug it back in. If it still doesn't work properly, try a different usb port and rebooting your computer. If it still doesn't work, i guess then it's dying :<

well if it's not dirty then i can only think of 2 possible reasons
    1 - bended cord
    2 - driver glitch

are you sure it's really working on bright surface and not because you turned it upwards to the monitor (thus bending cord)?

Deleted
    I just found out that turning my mouse pad upside down, (there's the rubber to keep it from moving around on the desk) it works on that surface too, it's still kind of heavy to move around, but I'm running out of ideas. What could cause this?

---------- Post added 2011-11-28 at 06:55 PM ----------

any more help, this is getting kind of frustrating.