4.3, best ways to earn valor points?

Hi, plan to reactivate my account for 4.3, i like to know the ways to earn valor points, as detailed as possible

right now i know you can do raids via LFR tool, 100 VP per boss kill? each raid boss gives VP once per week? 50 VP for 4.2 raids

how about the new 4.3 heroic dungeons via LFD tool? only can do once per day?

4.2 heroic gives no VP right? except ZG, ZA? you can run many times ZG/ZA per day? only last boss give VP? how many VP now?

and the TB raids, new boss there? how many VP?

thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    No, completion of a section (4 bosses) of LFR will award 250 VP.
    LFD as usual, awards 150 (I think) VP for the first 7 times, up to the 1000 VP cap. That also includes the original Cata heroics.
    Normal and heroic DS raid bosses award 100 VP each.
    Firelands normal and heroic bosses award 50 VP each.

Now give me my cookie.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2011-11-28 at 04:15 PM. Reason: 150 not 140
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

You are right on the LFR valor right there. Just wanna clarify though that when you complete the Wing of the LFR, you also recieve an extra 200 valor (as if you just cleared a dungeon)

You only get ~1100 (somebody please correct this) valor a week as its the 4.3 cap.

Now with the LFD, the valor only comes when you complete the dungeon. You will earn Valor every time you finish a dungeon (100 I think. I forget 4.3 values) and you can continue to run it as many times as you feel until you reach the weekly cap

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    LFD as usual, awards 140 (I think) VP for the first 7 times, up to the 1000 VP cap. That also includes the original Cata heroics.
    Blizz changed it so that a boss kill will also provide some extra valor and the big bonus at the end of the wing too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    LFD as usual, awards 140 (I think) VP for the first 7 times, up to the 1000 VP cap. That also includes the original Cata heroics.
    Firelands normal and heroic bosses award 50 VP each.

Now give me my cookie.
    The LFD, could you get capped just off "regular" hcs (4.0 + Zandas)? My alts would love that.

Deleted
    If you want only the points and not the gear, I really think that ZA/ZG will be the way.
    As far as I know you'll get 140 VP for each ZA/ZG you'll do, and now you can only kill two random bosses to go straight to the last one.

My alts are geared decently, so I'll just use them to collect valor points if something BoE will be sold :3

Quote Originally Posted by AtaraxyDarkmoonFaire View Post
    If you want only the points and not the gear, I really think that ZA/ZG will be the way.
    As far as I know you'll get 140 VP for each ZA/ZG you'll do, and now you can only kill two random bosses to go straight to the last one.

My alts are geared decently, so I'll just use them to collect valor points if something BoE will be sold :3
    random queue is random queue :3

clearing a wing of DS gives 250 VP
    clearing any cataclysm heroic gives 150 VP
    killing any DS boss gives 100 VP
    killing any FL boss gives 50 VP

as per http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3615104

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superficial View Post

Oh, cool then

all the old heroics give 150VP per clear. but keep in mind that if you select that random pool, the new heroics are on that pool too.

btw the new heroics are really easy, the problem are tanks who think they over gear them.... even on heroic FL gear a full trash pack can take a tank from full to nothing in 2 seconds. the 2 packs on the bronze dragonshrine comes to mind ad real tank killers.

Will the Tier 11 bosses still drop 35 VP a kill? I haven't seen any mention of it.

Also to confirm: 1000 VP is the weekly cap. The prices for VP items aren't changing.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2011-11-28 at 04:17 PM. Reason: more specific
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by CMKenneth View Post
    all the old heroics give 150VP per clear. but keep in mind that if you select that random pool, the new heroics are on that pool too.

btw the new heroics are really easy, the problem are tanks who think they over gear them.... even on heroic FL gear a full trash pack can take a tank from full to nothing in 2 seconds. the 2 packs on the bronze dragonshrine comes to mind ad real tank killers.
    The only reason why you say that is on the PTR, there was a special (PTR only) buff that turned all gear into 353 gear..so for a 378 instance, they can easily squash somebody

Quote Originally Posted by superficial View Post

thanks for the link, that is pretty clear, except how about ZG/ZA raids?

Quote Originally Posted by ns66 View Post
    ZG/ZA raids?
    Wat? There are no ZA/ZG raids anymore. Unless you are talking about the T11 raids, in which case I have not seen anything about them.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by ns66 View Post
    thanks for the link, that is pretty clear, except how about ZG/ZA raids?
    If you mean the dungeons, the ZG/ZA dungeons will be part of the "clearing any cataclysm heroic gives 150 VP" entry. I don't think they're a separate queue anymore, but not positive.

Also, unless it's changed, they've reduced the number of bosses you have to kill to fight the end bosses.

Question I have: what's the JP going to be? Are the new dungeons giving JP for the bosses? How about raidfinder (since the bosses don't give VP)?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Question I have: what's the JP going to be? Are the new dungeons giving JP for the bosses? How about raidfinder (since the bosses don't give VP)?
    Dungeon bosses should still be giving 70 JP per kill. I haven't heard anything about Raid Finder bosses dropping JP, so probably not.

I'm really hoping the separate queues for dungeons remains in place for the LFD feature. I don't want to get a 30 minute debuff for dropping a HoO heroic when I'm trying to get into one of the new 4.3 instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranganathan View Post
    I'm really hoping the separate queues for dungeons remains in place for the LFD feature. I don't want to get a 30 minute debuff for dropping a HoO heroic when I'm trying to get into one of the new 4.3 instances.
    There's a separate queue just for the new ones (provided you meet the ilvl minimum). You can choose that queue or the "all in one" queue.

Note that you have to progress through the new dungeons linearly to open them up (ie dungeon finder won't put you into Well of Eternity until after you've completed End Time) - unless something's changed that I'm not aware of.