Deleted

The good, the bad and the ugly.. my beta weekend experience

Before the beta i had decided on two things.. i was going to play republic, and i was going to be a jedi shadow consular. After the beta im still going to play republic (only tested republic side of things anyway) but im not going to be a jedi consular but instead a trooper.

The good.

- Great amount of polish imo
    - Solid animations with decent combat and no auto attacks
    - Great voice acting and story.
    - Awesome leveling experience (best ive had upto lvl 21 in an mmo)
    - Companions are awesome (grouping is fun too, but its such an awesome idea and it works!)
    - Crafting.. its different, and i loved it. The more you craft, the better quality items / recipes can become.
    - Killing early game World boss with a group of people.. lots of running back but very enjoyable

The Bad

- Flashpoints still need improving and tweaking (only did essless, hammer station and athiss)
    - No threat meter, i can live without dps meters but its not fun taking aggro off a tank.. even when ur not trying to nuke something.
    - Maps can be incredibly confusing sometimes
    - UI while not horrible could do with alot more customization
    - Character creation was very average.. ill actually be annoyed if it gets an overhaul after launch and i dont get a free "make over".
    - Lack of guild options, looks more like a friends list.
    - On the rails space combat while still fun.. it leaves you a bit disappointed imo.
    - Having to wait on someone watching the cut scenes (first time for some so understandable).. but especially annoying in flashpoints.

The Ugly

- Lack of mod bench in republic fleet >.<
    - Weak sound options (hope it was just for beta)
    - Some horrible graphical problems with shadows.. for me at least. might be a bug. (turned them off in the end)
    - Corso Riggs

Overall i loved the game, the trooper was by far my favourite class and will be rolling one at launch. Didnt test any pvp, or empire side of things.. so no idea what that was like. Most people i talked to also loved the game.. so roll on the 15th

You guys know there's a 29 page thread where all this is supposed to be. I mean it's great you guys are sharing your opinion and making this forum a livelier place but if everyone made their own thread we'd be flooded.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually had a question about the graphics in this game. I've been having some computer troubles, when I built my computer, I was playing rift, running everything at max with about 65 FPS in raid. After only 2 months I could only achieve 30 FPS in raid by setting most things to about half. I stopped playing RIFT, went back to WoW, was running everything at max, in 25 man at 120 FPS, that lasted like a month. Now, while I haven't had to change my settings, there are times where in 25s i'm getting below 20 fps.. Now, my question SHOULD be what am I doing wrong? But my question is, will I be able to run SW:ToR's graphics on max at all? Quite a few people have been complaining about it's graphics not being amazing, while i've heard others talk about having FPS problems.

Deleted
    well i would delete the thread if i could...

anyways i have no idea on rift, but i was getting 60-120 fps everywhere i went with 5770 ati crossfire with no shadows, max distance, max detail (medium), vsync.. cant remember what else and was at 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    But my question is, will I be able to run SW:ToR's graphics on max at all? Quite a few people have been complaining about it's graphics not being amazing, while i've heard others talk about having FPS problems.
    I run WoW around 40-50 FPS in high load situations (SW). I couldn't get Rift over 30 FPS without shutting off lighting, AF, and AA completely and dropping view distance to half. SWToR was running smoothly most of the time, and well enough that it was tearing often enough to annoy me due to the broken vsync.

The graphics are not super high fidelity realistic photo. They're more stylized, softer. There's always plenty of people who will complain about a game's graphics, everyone has their preferences. I think SW:ToR looks nice, and more importantly looks like it will age well.

You guys know there's a 29 page thread where all this is supposed to be. I mean it's great you guys are sharing your opinion and making this forum a livelier place but if everyone made their own thread we'd be flooded.
    Fair enough, post deleted.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.