Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Blog] Speculation on Beta and Final Profession

Just found this blog, even though it is only speculations I thought I share it with you. Let's hope he is right!

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/2011...al-profession/

I hope so, but the predictions would have been more impressive if the author had called it back in the summer months. Still, I'm very anxious over the reveal of the 8th profession as it will ultimately decide what I roll first. If it's Mesmer (and I have no doubts it won't be), that will 100% be my first character.

I also agree that the conjurer will be announced next week, where it's class specialty will be the summoning of weapons, letting them choose any combination mid combat ; )

-Alamar

Deleted
    Well I'll be refreshing the GW2 home page about 10 time an hour over the next 2 days.

Nice blog. Got some nice ideas using comment sense which is hard tO find.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're right... i'm pronouncing them wizards
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harjkun View Post
    Well I'll be refreshing the GW2 home page about 10 time an hour over the next 2 days.

Nice blog. Got some nice ideas using comment sense which is hard tO find.
    Hehe Im in there every now and then as well
    If closed beta is to start end of december it's more or less a week left to go for them to release the last profession.
    If not, well, then game will be delayed and probably not released until end of next year.
    Moment of truth, I hope we wont get disappointed =)
    And I hope mesmer is last prof, heard something that it could be shadowpriest kind of playstyle =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    And I hope mesmer is last prof, heard something that it could be shadowpriest kind of playstyle =)
    I hope so too but where did you hear that it might be a shadowpriest kind of playstyle?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    I hope so too but where did you hear that it might be a shadowpriest kind of playstyle?
    Nothing confirmed by the devs, unfortunately, think I read about speculations probably at GW2 guru forum.
    Some people compare it to mesmer profession in GW1 where it had shadow priest kind of playstyle =) And therefor guessing that the profession would work in a similar way in GW2
    Just keep hoping I guess =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Nothing confirmed by the devs, unfortunately, think I read about speculations probably at GW2 guru forum.
    Some people compare it to mesmer profession in GW1 where it had shadow priest kind of playstyle =) And therefor guessing that the profession would work in a similar way in GW2
    Just keep hoping I guess =)
    I think the closest thing to a mesmer in wow would be a shadow priest... but that's like saying a flying squirrel is a falcon because they can both stay in the air a while...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    nothing yet...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harjkun View Post
    nothing yet...
    =( I know I hope they are right cause then I can truly decide on my prof lol

If it has to be the mesmer it better resemble the EQ enchanter playstyle. Fuck shadow priests. I'm still butthurt that there won't be shadow knights.

Also the big announcement will be Dec 1st.

Deleted
    I hope I wake up to find a beta post or new profession. My birthdays on the 8th. Hope I can get a beta key for a present. It would honestly be the best present ever. Sad, I no.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm crossing my fingers for any variety of a melee caster that is unique in comparison to the Elementalist, Necromancer, and Guardian.
    Something like an AoC HoX, or Spellblade from D&D.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers for any variety of a melee caster that is unique in comparison to the Elementalist, Necromancer, and Guardian.
    I hope you are not right! I thought every caster has some sort of melee weapon anyway right? Like the axe for a necromancer e.g.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    If it has to be the mesmer it better resemble the EQ enchanter playstyle. Fuck shadow priests. I'm still butthurt that there won't be shadow knights.

Also the big announcement will be Dec 1st.
    (shadow priest playstyle rules!!)
    Tomorrow the big announcement then? I hope you are right =)

It's Mesmer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    It's Mesmer.
    How do u no? O.o

My B-day is on the 8th too i hope something will happen by then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Thing is, we already have 2 melee casters and 1 magic melee/caster. If you equip daggers/dagger on Elementalist or Dagger/Dagger | Axe/Warhorn on Necro they are melee casters. Melee ranged spells (well short ranged, pretty much melee range). Then you got hte guardian which can be magic melee, magic caster, etc. So Mesmer will probably have a similar quality of being able to go into both melee or ranged based on weapons.