Help with tailoring

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice.

My shaman is working on her tailoring skill and is in a rough spot. My skill is at 411 right now if I remember right. Raising it from 400 has been a bit frustrating. I've spent a couple hours just running in circles killing humanoids and spiders, on top of blowing about 800g on the AH buying cloth. Frostweave is something silly like 5g/ea on my server so I don't want to buy much of it. Now it seems I'm stuck killing lots of stuff, and DEing greens to make Imbued Frostweave if I have the spidersilk to go with it. I've been making headway, but it's been pretty slow.

I guess I'm just curious if there's a better way, or is it normal to have problems here? Is there something different I should be doing? After running around in circles for so long I couldn't help but think I might be doing something wrong. :S

Any advice is appreciated, and thank you.

I usually follow these guides when leveling a profession

http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ing-guide.html

And yes, you need a lot of Frostweave Cloth that is pretty expensive to buy from the AH.

One of the best ways to get the Cloth is soloing WOTLK Heroics (or even normals).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is very slow, but there are a few spots where you can gather a lot of frostweave, in Icecrown. Just northwest of Ymirheim is a spot where some of the ghost-y guys despawn (they are neutral) and you can aoe and kill a ton. There are also groups of those marching soldiers you can kill nearby when you're bored of the despawns. I go there often to gather a ton of cloth. Occasionally a green will drop to DE as well.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Follow the guide on wow-professions

Get Northrend Cloth Scavenging and kill the Converted Hero guys in Northrend and you should have more than enough Frostweave in 2-3 hours

frostweave is a major pain while leveling tailoring. I've found the best places to get it are either in heroics (which if you are 85 you should be able to solo with no issues) or if you don't want to go that route, the large groups of undead south of Aldur'thar in Icecrown, they tend to be grouped up nicely for AoE, have decent drop rates, and respawn at a decent rate.

Also, make sure you went and learned northern cloth scavenging, it helps quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammabones View Post
    It is very slow, but there are a few spots where you can gather a lot of frostweave, in Icecrown. Just northwest of Ymirheim is a spot where some of the ghost-y guys despawn (they are neutral) and you can aoe and kill a ton. There are also groups of those marching soldiers you can kill nearby when you're bored of the despawns. I go there often to gather a ton of cloth. Occasionally a green will drop to DE as well.
    combine that with a potion of treasure finding

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah- I didnt know that potion worked in Northrend also.

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    combine that with a potion of treasure finding
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for your help everyone.

I'm relieved to hear it really is a bit on the grindy side. I'd been farming cloth on the hill just west of the argent tournament grounds, but my shammy is only 79 (was 77 when I started) so I was a bit fearful of pulling large groups. I'm sorely tempted to dust off my 85 and try and solo some heriocs now though. You all are awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammabones View Post
    Ah- I didnt know that potion worked in Northrend also.
    They don't

Deleted
    Converted heroes, took me 4 hours when I was grinding on an alt. Make sure you're farming on the char that actually has the tailoring skill, due to the Northrend Scavenging. Once you hit 85, you can grind the half-dead mobs in Tol Barad (just outside the horde camp where the daily quest is), and skill up very quickly (using potions of treasure finding for embersilk, but these do not work in northrend).

It's worth noting if your tailor is a low level and you have a nice level 85 friend who will whirl through the mobs for an hour or two with you, you can still proc northrend scavenging as long as you are in the group and looting the mobs yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    awwww snap

What gets me about tailoring (I'm sitting at 500 tailoring on my mage) is that it takes 1800+ Embersilk during your leveling. That's MAD. 90+ stacks of cloth. Even in places where there are heavy drops, you'll average about 2.5 cloth per mob. I can tell you, it's a grind and a half.