Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    Does someone need to break a law to ascertain it's stupidity? It really isn't effective in stopping those who will repeat offenses, because they *shock* will lie or just not tell people that they are a sex offender. It punishes people without regard to the severity of the crime. Yes, mooning someone is just as bad as sexual assault, right?
    That's just not true. I just pulled up a guy on my office's street in the registry.

"Offenses=1 Conviction=INDECENT ASSAULT AND BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE Conviction Date=8/21/2000

Offenses=2 Conviction=INDECENT ASSAULT AND BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE Conviction Date=12/17/1985
    "

Pretty useful IMO. I'm glad I have access to that information. If it said "mooning someone" I'd probably just chuckle and think, "ah its that funny dude" when I saw the guy walk by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I couldn't believe this until I read it was in the US.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Messick View Post
    I have to ask, why was a 5 year old girl "out with a group of kids"?
    Yo dem kidz be hangin' with da boys from 1st grade at da playground doing da doctor game behind the cycle sheds!
    Yall gotta know dat those kidz r hardcore!

bad joke aside, they were probably just playing at the playground behind some bushes and trees.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

This actually happened to me when I was like 5 or 6. Except I was the patient and it was a girl who was playing the doctor. I didn't care so much back then, still don't now. Nothing really bad about it tbf, just kids being curious I guess.

Edit: Just to clarify, we were both of the same age.

Deleted
    no, he couldnt know it was bad

guy youre taking this farther than it needs to go theyre just kids.... and kids will be kids..

Reminds me of the case when a 13 year old and 12 year old had sex and the 13 year old was charged for rape because of the age of consent.

I would add the link, but apparently I haven't posted on the forums enough to be able to...

You know, I remember when we were kids, my little brother came home bragging that a girl in his class grabbed his butt at the drinking fountain. Both of them would have been about 5 or 6 at the time and we all got a laugh out of it. Today as the parent of a six year old little girl, I worry far more about the possibility of her being attacked by an adult than one of the kids in her class and frankly, she's never alone with a little boy anyhow. If one of them did touch her inappropriately, I've told her she should smack him and/or tell a teacher about it. On the other hand, the OP's description leaves out a lot of details. A kid being funny and "touching" another kid's butt while both children are fully clothed isn't a big deal (though the child does need a lesson in what is and is not appropriate). A kid reaching his hand down the pants of another kid is an entirely different issue. Not necessarily one that warrants a six year old branded as a sex offender for life, but one that warrants counseling and investigating the parents.

Now here's my thing, normal little kids dont just get "curious" and touch each other's private areas. Through teaching and probably some instinct, they know those places are private. If a little kid is interested in touching another kid's private areas, I'd be concerned about what that child has been exposed to at home because that just isn't normal behavior. In that case, the parents have some explaining to do and are accountable for the actions of the child and the child likely needs some help.

Clueless curious kids, PUNISH THEM BECAUSE THE PARENTS ARE INSECURE.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    That's just not true. I just pulled up a guy on my office's street in the registry.

"Offenses=1 Conviction=INDECENT ASSAULT AND BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE Conviction Date=8/21/2000

Offenses=2 Conviction=INDECENT ASSAULT AND BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE Conviction Date=12/17/1985
    "

Pretty useful IMO. I'm glad I have access to that information. If it said "mooning someone" I'd probably just chuckle and think, "ah its that funny dude" when I saw the guy walk by.
    And how many did it pull up of the people who didn't report their location? You are looking at people who are obeying the law. All it does is forever punish those who have already served their time/punishment by giving people a lynch mob mentality and restricts where they can live. It can even help to make it so the offender is more likely to commit future crimes.

Do you know exactly what those 2 people did? Because indecent assault can be a huge number of things. I'm not saying everyone is innocent, but not everyone is guilty either.

And as a note: it will never say "mooning someone" it would be listed as public indecency or indecent exposure.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    I'm trying to figure out how this works... a 6 year old touches a 5 year old in the behind, which apparently makes him a sex offender. But does that mean that any 16 year old who grabs his 15 year old girlfriend's ass is also a sex predator the instant he turns 18? 'Cause if that rings true, then I've seen a LOT of future sex stalkers.
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

15+ Year Old Account
    No I wouldn´t. Seriously, he´s 6 years old and doesn´t even know what sex is.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteWolf View Post
    If my child was touched by a child 1 year older than her, I would talk to her about it and the other child's parents and take it from there. I definitely wouldn't hold a minor accountable for his actions, it's all about the parents.
    And this I guess. It would be indeed good to talk it over with both the children and the parents of the other child.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

At that age children don't even know what sex IS let alone trying to do something inappropriate.

No way I would it's outside the realm of REASON.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    Maybe the system isn't working as well as it should, but sex offender laws are far from bullshit. Its kind enough of us as a society to allow sex offenders to live freely after serving time, but we should at least be able to know where to avoid them. They're mentally very sick people.
    That 19 year old who had sex with a willing 17 year old is a mentally sick individual, and I'm glad we all know he is a rapist for sure. Nevermind that he's now married to the woman he "molested," we have to make sure all of his prospective employers and neighbors know that he's a rapist.

Edit: OT, this is a hilariously retarded circumstance and I honestly can't believe it happened. I'm reading the articles about it, and I'm just shocked. The DA actually wrote the 6 year old, addressing him as "Mr. <Child's full name>"
    I wonder if he wrote it in crayon?
    Last edited by Ichimarunico; 2011-11-28 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Now here's my thing, normal little kids dont just get "curious" and touch each other's private areas. Through teaching and probably some instinct, they know those places are private.
    I completely disagree. Kids are curious naturally and very imaginative. If you tell them "No" with no reason as to why, they'll do it anyways. Even if you DO give them a reason not to, they'll still do it because it's exciting and new to them.

We're ALL like this as human beings. I can't tell you enough that the definition of a child is that they mainly don't do what they're told. When you tell a kid not to do something they've never done, chances are you're provoking them to do it even more.

Not to say there aren't kids who listen and obey, but they don't listen to everything the parents say. Kids get into trouble. It's how we just are as human beings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, let me ask you this; There are many mothers who breast feed until five years old these days. Do you consider them child molestors?

Why is this even a question? It is an odd group of children who aren't curious about their bodies at much younger than six.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiballa View Post
    So here's the situation. You're the parent of a 5 year old girl. She is out with a group of kids her age, and they decide to play "doctor". Upon her arrival back home, you speak to her and find out the details, and that a 6 year old boy may have touched her butt whilst playing this harmless children's game. Do you seek legal action to label the boy a sex offender upon turning 18 for an action he committed at the age of 6?

It happened in Wisconsin.
    Now that is one of the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. The parents of the girl must be sick in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Well, let me ask you this; There are many mothers who breast feed until five years old these days. Do you consider them child molestors?
    That is just wierd and wrong. I doubt your claim that there are many though.
    Last edited by mmoc4974597837; 2011-11-28 at 09:14 PM. Reason: another comment

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I wouldn't make anyone a sex offender. Those laws are total bullshit. The entire sex offender registry is a bogus, failed system.
    I agree on this. Let kids be kids, they do not see any harm and quite frankly there isn't any.

Also the topic title made me go "WTF!"
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

I wouldn't say harmless children's game. But no it's just parents trying to point the blame away from them selves as usual. They just don't want to do any actual parenting them selves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...