Question about JC gems in 4.3

What are all the sources of the JC gems in 4.3? I am just doing some clarifying for my guild. I know transmutation masters can do them, but are there any other sources?

A geode drops from normal/heroic boss' in the Dragon Soul raid, it has a chance to contain epic gems. Transmute is not fully implemented and will not be seen right away, if ever.

Correction.
    For each non deathwing boss you kill you get a Mote of Darkness currency, which is used to buy Crystalline Geode, which contains a random gem.

For each deathwing boss you kill you get a Essence of Corrupted Deathwing currency, which is used to buy Elementium-Coated Geode, which will always contain either red, yellow or blue epic gem.

Is there any news on what the transmute recipes require and where they are obtained? That'd be swell to know.

Blizzard at first raised the JC only gems to 77 of whatever stat, and then re-nigged on this and said that they would implement it later on in the patch. Has anybody heard when this change might go live, I really hope they dont wait until after progression for top guild's is completely over, then buff them, giving us no advantage during our progression fights. This is the main thing I'm worried about, I dont mind waiting, but lets just hope they dont wait too long. The main thing for me is being able to do WHATEVER I CAN to min/max on dps during the Heroic DW fight. This is the sole reason I switched from Engi to JC, I did so as soon as the gems were changed to 77 on the PTR, then shortly after, they changed them back. I dont mind bc JC is a great profession, both for raiding, and for money making, not to mention convenience. Please though, does anybody know anything about this?

From what I've heard the epic gem transmutes either aren't being implemented on live servers or they may come at a later date. No links to back this up though, it's all hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    Correction.
    For each non deathwing boss you kill you get a Mote of Darkness currency, which is used to buy Crystalline Geode, which contains a random gem.

For each deathwing boss you kill you get a Essence of Corrupted Deathwing currency, which is used to buy Elementium-Coated Geode, which will always contain either red, orange, or purple epic gem.
    Fixed, it is not red/yellow/blue it is red/orange/purple
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Deleted
    Ok, red is the dominant color for almost all specs. Almost. Non-druids tanks use a mixture of yellow (green, orange, yellow) and blue (purple, blue, green). So... I suppose that it is expected to be taken as guild effort, and tanks should give up their red gems from DW, and get all the non-reds that may appear with the rest of the bosses. Problem is, the chance is not 100%. I suppose it's balanced around 10/25 motes for each boss to gear 2-3 tanks.

i really feel like JC was nerfed epic gems are already showing up on the AH on my server for 20k but they are there. And now our stat bonus is worth only 51 why other crafting professions still enjoy 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by candlepally View Post
    i really feel like JC was nerfed epic gems are already showing up on the AH on my server for 20k but they are there. And now our stat bonus is worth only 51 why other crafting professions still enjoy 80.
    isnt 64 stats for chimera eyes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    isnt 64 stats for chimera eyes?
    Chimera eyes are 67 of that stat, now if you subtract the 50 from 67 you're left with 17 x3 = 51
    JC get the 51 "bonus" stats whereas other profs get the full 80, so yeah, kinda gimped. wtb new tier chimera's :3