10+ Year Old Account

Flashpoint: Hammer Station [Boss Guide]

Not too in-depth, not too “serious” but just a quick overview of the Hammer Station flashpoint boss’ in the SWTOR beta we participated in over the weekend.
    We were only able to run through it twice so all commentary and guidance is just how we see it. Expect lots of professional videos at release though!

How does everyone feel about the current flashpoints? Do you think they deliver enough of a unique feel or does it feel too much like the same old "dungeon" grind.

Click here for guide

For leveling flashpoints they seem fine, the trash packs are almost always inconsequential throughout. The boss fights can be good, some are tank and spank and some others have mechanics you gotta pay attention to.

I think the FPs do what they are suppose to, give a nice break from solo questing to do a group instance that fits into the story and awards possible loot and commendations.

I will be engagin in some level 50 FPS this week and will give some feedback once I have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I will be engagin in some level 50 FPS this week and will give some feedback once I have it.
    I wish I was able to test the beta before the mass weekend, would have loved to have tested "end-game" flashpoints.

Deleted
    I only played through the Essels and Hammer Station. I personally love the approach they took to Essels with a lot of RP decisions to make, and it was actually a bit challenging to do the first time since we went two-man (shadow tank + sage healer level 11 and 10). I played through it about four times in total, though by the 4th time it was already too easy (we were just helping some friends, we were already level 16) and I had seen all the routes you could take, so it wasn't particularly appealing anymore. Later, we tried Hammer Station and found it was twice as hard with almost no RP, bit of a disappointment, but was still pretty enjoyable, albeit short. Was looking forward to doing Athiss, but never got that far before the servers went down and the beta weekend ended.

Overall, I'm fairly optimistic that flashpoints are going to be more fun than dungeons and heroics.

Yes, they made the Esseless pretty epic with the story part, problem is, after that one there is hardly any story all the way up. The game is polished I'd say to about 25, we'll see what happens when a million or so people hit 30. Hope they are working overtime!

OP: Your website is out of date on all of the tanking abilities you have listed, but I'm sure your updating as we speak!

They really nerfed these a lot for this weekend. I had a lot of issues on the 11/11 beta weekend. Kept wiping a lot in Hammerstation. Got through it no problem this weekend though.

Deleted
    the assasin either not using abilties or the ui is bugged :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dredlox View Post
    OP: Your website is out of date on all of the tanking abilities you have listed, but I'm sure your updating as we speak!
    Lots of updates on the way, don't worry

Our biggest problem with Hammer station was the first boss I think.

The adds were not that big a deal by we would interrupt his eye beam and it would show to be interrupted but it would not stop the damage.
    We of course ended up transferring the beam to the tank with a little double healing at times we finished the encounter but something didn't seem right or maybe it was bugged. Not sure.

Very enjoyable flashpoint though. The rest of the FP went pretty well.