Poll: Would you play this game?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'd probably try it out, gameplay is what makes the game not the graphics

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    Graphics seem real important in todays gaming
    The success of Minecraft suggests otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it reminds me of my old Nintendo days on the 8-bit.
    But ya did beat my Atari!

Maybe on my iPhone yeah..........but I wouldn't pay 99 cents for it (unless it was a huge rave like Angry Birds or PvZ was).

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    The game type is not my cup of tea. The graphics look a little... skewy/weird, but I do not think that I am a graphics whore even though I say it.

I generally feel that a game storyline, gameplay is more important and although better graphics can allow for better options in terms of those 2, as long as the game is compelling I would play it. Though as I said, side scrolling shooters are not my cup of tea.

The sprites look based on minecraft btw , not the old style of stickman you talk about, though likely that is just coincidental.

If you were making a game like Breakout, then maybe i'd be more interested. Especially if it made "Ni" noises and had Monty Python music in the background and was called "The Siege of Camelot", though maybe this is just me reminicing on my University Mobile Game Dev Project. The days, tears to my eyes. But by no means am I a graphics artist and having the game style simple but allowing for a lot of colour and an interesting plot (I had mini cut sequences between levels) you can make a very enjoyable game from it.

Best of luck with your game, even though it may not be my gamestyle, there will no doubt be people who would love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sprites do look like shitty Lego people, but I would definitely play your game. I am actually surprised at the poll results thus far, but I guess as a 24 year old I've been playing games longer than some, and shiny graphics just don't matter much to me. I'd much rather you spend your time and effort on gameplay instead of aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    The sprites do look like shitty Lego people, but I would definitely play your game. I am actually surprised at the poll results thus far, but I guess as a 24 year old I've been playing games longer than some, and shiny graphics just don't matter much to me. I'd much rather you spend your time and effort on gameplay instead of aesthetics.
    Yeah that's the thing with graphics is that good ones take a long time to make. These take me 15 mins but I think even if I took longer I wouldn't be able to make epic sprites due to lack of artistic skill. The game play will be epic I hope and it'll be our focus!

Quote Originally Posted by navai
    The sprites look based on minecraft btw , not the old style of stickman you talk about, though likely that is just coincidental.
    They do look a bit minecrafty but that is coincidence. I used to draw stick men like below, so these sprites are basically bigger stick men with more detail. All are drawn from the black template: