Poll: Which Alignment are you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

I honestly expected way more chaotic good so far.

Deleted
    I try to be as good as possible in games, and IRL too most of the time. So i guess lawful good.

Neutral good or chaotic neutral.I'm a bit of a Cloud Cuckoo Lander.

I enjoy killing people and stealing things that I want.... So usually evil I guess? I mean I prefer to be a good guy but when a game allows me to do such free things, I can't help but take advantage of that free will.

It depends on the game. In Mass Effect I went the Renegade path primarily, so I suppose that'd be Chaotic Good. In Dragon Age 2 I went the good and helpful way, so Lawful Good there.

And in Skyrim, I did whatever the hell I wanted. Sure, I killed the dragon and saved the world... But I murdered and pillaged on my way there. So Chaotic neutral?

So yeah, depends on the game I suppose.

15+ Year Old Account
    in swtor all my characters will be 100% dark sith.

so lawful evil i suppose.
    Last edited by MuricaIsDead; 2011-11-29 at 03:54 PM.

I'm Boring Apathetic (that's Boring on the Chaos/Law scale, and apathetic on the Good/Evil scale).

Anyone who even things they are Neutral or Evil (on the Good/Evil scale) is deluded and doesn't really understand what they mean.

We differentiate ourselves primarily on Lawful/Chaotic.

Darn, I meant to pick "Neutral Good", but I picked "Lawful Neutral" on accident...

Generally, all of my characters in RPGs fall under the Neutral Good alignment... They generally do good deeds, but occasionally they'll bust some knuckles to accomplish them.

CG all the way, because I can be a douche while helping the greater good.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Chaotic Neutral.

I live my life daily, and i sure do what i want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally speaking Lawful Good. I'm working on becoming a Police Officer so it is the only way to be without being considered an asshole cop. I believe the law is generally good, any law or governing body that does not work towards the benefit of the greater good should be changed through the system to prevent any undue harm or stress on the people.
    Last edited by Lannden; 2011-11-29 at 04:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lawful good

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    in swtor all my characters will be 100% dark sith.

so lawful evil i suppose.
    The Sith are closest to Chaotic Evil. Some dark lords choose to act in a more lawful way, such as Palpatine. Ultimately though, the dark side of the force seeks to end all life. That's more similar to neutral evil, or chaotic evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    true neutral. it's best to realize that there are always two sides to every story.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    I play what fit the character I'm creating. I don't have a "most common" alignment.
    Preferably I choose a system without a bad system such as that, since i prefeer scales of gray. I generally find D&Ds alignment system to feel extremely shallow.
    One thing you have to understand about D&D alignments, is that yes, you can attempt to apply the general concepts and descriptions of the alignments to how people act, but that's still a fundamentally flawed concept. In D&D, the alignments and actions of mortals ultimately comes from the gods and their domains.

D&D alignments appear to be somewhat shallow because mortals in D&D don't have full free will. Your actions are limited by what gods exist. For example, if all the neutral evil gods were killed, and none of the other gods took up the domain of evil to keep the universe in balance, evil would disappear. No mortal would be able to act evil. No one remember evil deeds. The word evil, and all traces of any evil act would vanish from written texts.It would literally be as if the concept of evil had never existed at all.

There are two other things to consider as well. Any and all systems in D&D are designed to be modified by the players. Books like unearthed arcana are designed to help stimulate ideas for that. If you don't like something change it. Also, shades of gray exist in D&D. Barring a domain not existing due to deicide, your alignment DOES NOT dictate your actions. Your actions dictate your alignment.

Your alignment is the current state of your soul, as well as how your character typically acts. That doesn't limit you though. Say you're playing a neutral good fighter, and you get the random urge to chop a baby's head off. Being neutral good doesn't mean that you can't chop the baby's head off. It means that something happens after you do. Such a thing would be a chaotic evil act. A typical DM would, (depending on the severity of your actions) make your alignment shift one step towards chaotic evil. That means you're now chaotic good. Commit more chaotic evil acts, you go down to lawful neutral. Then true neutral, then chaotic neutral, then lawful evil, then pure evil, then at last chaotic evil.

And at any point during that your character could commit pure good acts, bringing your alignment back up towards pure good. Depending on how the DM chooses to run it, it could take several acts of a different alignment to cause an alignment shift, or just one. As I said earlier, your DM could also judge based on the severity of the actions, such as taking a kid's lunch money vs murdering a whole city by slowly chopping their fingers off.

The alignment system doesn't typically limit you in any way. Your character's actions and inner turmoil could cause him to go through several rapid alignment shifts.

I guarantee, you describe any kind of moral situation, your "scales of gray" that you prefer, and I'll be able to tell you exactly how that would fit in the D&D alignment system. The beauty of this system is that the possibilities are endless. Since all the extremes of human behavior have been covered, it's simple to make anything else fit between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chaotic Good or Neutral Good, depending on whether or not I'm playing a druid.

Nothing beats Chaotic Good. You get the job done, you fight for the good, but you do it however you want.

Neutral Evil or Chaotic Neutral.