Deleted

New Computer, help.

So i build the computer i posted about few nights ago, and it runs smoothly, but...
    Whenever im in Zul'Gurub my wow client would hang at the packs with ice cauldron. And the only way out of it is hard rebooting. I could live with it, but its anoying since i just started to gear up my shaman... It does not happen in any other game i have, not even in BF3 nor MW3

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you downloaded the latest drivers? =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ebah View Post
    Have you downloaded the latest drivers? =)
    Yes ofcourse i have latest drivers for everything. Its just strange it does that just in WoW, nowhere else..

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kseux View Post
    Yes ofcourse i have latest drivers for everything. Its just strange it does that just in WoW, nowhere else..
    Running directx 11? Try changing that to whichever you are not running.

Fresh install of wow? If not have you tried removing your launcher.cfg and config.cfg to see if it's a settings conflict from the old system?

Have you done the standard of removing the wtf, cache, interface folders?
    Last edited by dicertification; 2011-11-29 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    Running directx 11? Try changing that to whichever you are not running.

Fresh install of wow? If not have you tried removing your launcher.cfg and config.cfg to see if it's a settings conflict from the old system?

Have you done the standard of removing the wtf, cache, interface folders?
    Its a totally fresh install. I've removed the 3 magic folders, its DX11 and since thats a fresh install theres no point to delete launcher.cfg and config.cfg.

If it helps any heres my rig:
    CPU: I3 2100
    RAM: 4gb(2x2) DDR3 1333MHZ
    GPU: ASUS GTX560 TI
    Settings in game: Ultra, with shadows on low, view distance on high
    Resolution: 1920*1080

And the list of addons i run with:
    Elv Ui
    Skada
    Omen
    BigWigs
    Decursive

All of it are up to date, updated thru Curse client

switch to dx9 for wow

also, what psu do you have?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    switch to dx9 for wow

also, what psu do you have?
    OCZ ZS Series 650W 80PLUS Bronze

Also, i possibly found the issue now. Disabled all addons, ran ZG, client did not hang even once. Now to see which addon causes that

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 02:05 PM ----------

Also, i possibly found the issue now. Disabled all addons, ran ZG, client did not hang even once. Now to see which addon causes that
    Sorry for double posting, but i just did not want to post another thread to ask these 2 things:
    Whenever i leave my comp just idling while doing chores, it automaticly goes to sleep mode. Can this be disabled? If so where?
    And, as i have 2 HDD's, 1 is used for system and media, 2nd is used for games. If the 2nd HDD is not used for some time it kind of shut down, and if i launch a game, i can hear it spin up. While not being that annoying, im worried if this will damage the HDD? And could that be disabled?

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 02:05 PM ----------

Sorry for double posting, but i just did not want to post another thread to ask these 2 things:
    Whenever i leave my comp just idling while doing chores, it automaticly goes to sleep mode. Can this be disabled? If so where?
    And, as i have 2 HDD's, 1 is used for system and media, 2nd is used for games. If the 2nd HDD is not used for some time it kind of shut down, and if i launch a game, i can hear it spin up. While not being that annoying, im worried if this will damage the HDD? And could that be disabled?
    Yes, in power settings in the control panel.

Did you switch to dx9 and try wow?