Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    Hehe ofcourse - i have a windows 7 ultimate cd hanging around somewhere
    - but we do agree that its a pretty good machine right?
    Yes. Very much so. I wish I could afford a build like that.

Just for information's sake, there are very few upgrades beyond what's in that build that's anywhere close to affordable. You could upgrade to a 6990, but then you're looking at $600+ for a single GPU. You could also upgrade from the i5 2500k (with that overclock) into the 2011 enthusiast socket, but again, that would be incredibly expensive. I think the cheapest 2011 socket CPU + mobo is around $900.

The only thing that may be an ever so slight upgrade is an i7 2600k. It performs the same as an i5 2500k, but does better with threaded applications like compression, encoding, etc. It would cost an extra $120~.

Otherwise, you'll have the top of the line components hands down in your budget.

EDIT: If you're wondering about what you can upgrade in the future, the first thing you should invest in when you get the money is a good SSD for amazing load / boot times. Maybe a decent sound card if you're really into audio.
    Last edited by glo; 2011-11-29 at 11:23 AM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    By the way - which extra ram fits? so i can get up to 8gb ram
    and could you link such a SSD?

Any DDR3 1600 sticks should work just fine. According to Intel, 1.5v models will be the most compatible.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Any DDR3 1600 sticks should work just fine. According to Intel, 1.5v models will be the most compatible.
    Cool - and that SSD?

You'll want to plunk down a decent amount for a reliable name brand, as well as keeping the size down low so you can get reasonable prices. People commonly buy 120GB SSDs so they can install Windows + their most played games on, and use their regular drives for storage and less commonly played games. Honestly, I'm not that well versed with them compared to some of the other members here. I still use 7200RPM drives and a 10k velociraptor. :P

I'd suggest opening a new thread and asking for advice, I wont be much help.
    Last edited by glo; 2011-11-29 at 11:42 AM.

build pics

Deleted
    You'll want to plunk down a decent amount for a reliable name brand, as well as keeping the size down low so you can get reasonable prices. People commonly buy 120GB SSDs so they can install Windows + their most played games on, and use their regular drives for storage and less commonly played games. Honestly, I'm not that well versed with them compared to some of the other members here. I still use 7200RPM drives and a 10k velociraptor. :P

I'd suggest opening a new thread and asking for advice, I wont be much help.
    wow, thats expensive.. But its not totally required is it?

wow, thats expensive.. But its not totally required is it?
    Not at all, it's more of a quality of life type thing. It's not going to improve your in-game performance at all aside from loading screens.

build pics

Deleted
    Not at all, it's more of a quality of life type thing. It's not going to improve your in-game performance at all aside from loading screens.
    - great
    So if i buy this, i would have 8gb ram right? http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=605846#extra
    And would it fit?

- great
    So if i buy this, i would have 8gb ram right? http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=605846#extra
    And would it fit?
    Yes. However, I would suggest waiting until you get the computer, taking a look inside to see the exact brand and model, then getting a matching set.

The computer will probably come with 2 sticks of 2 gig RAM, then you can get a matching set of the same stuff, and run in dual channel mode with 2 sticks per channel. Basically, your RAM will perform a lot faster that way.

build pics

Deleted
    Yes. However, I would suggest waiting until you get the computer, taking a look inside to see the exact brand and model, then getting a matching set.

The computer will probably come with 2 sticks of 2 gig RAM, then you can get a matching set of the same stuff, and run in dual channel mode with 2 sticks per channel. Basically, your RAM will perform a lot faster that way.
    - Alright will do - thx again man!

No problem! Enjoy the beast of a computer you're ordering. :P

build pics

Deleted
    For your SSD the best price you can get right now (120 GB, using danish sites) is this:

SSD Corsair Force 3 price check
    @Komplett.dk Corsair Force Series 3 roughly $215

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    For your SSD the best price you can get right now (120 GB, using danish sites) is this:

SSD Corsair Force 3 price check
    @Komplett.dk Corsair Force Series 3 roughly $215
    im thinking more of a 40-60gb ssd since i dont have that many games + windows 7 is only 14gb of space

Deleted
    I did the same as you and bought a 64GB Crucial M4 and yes it will fit but you have to keep a close eye on it and if you ever decide playing more games it could easily take up the space. You'll save space deactivating hibernation, re-sizing/moving the Paging file etc.

However if the cost is just too much you can stick with a 64GB like the Crucial m4 SSD 64GB $133 I have that one right now and no complaints so far.

Just an example World of Warcraft is 23-26GB right now, SWTOR is around 19GB, Skyrim 5GB so you see it adds up quick.

TL;DR

I wont recommend less than 120GB but if the budget wont allow it yes 64GB will fit you fine.