Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ty kel

Btw, H Zonnoth is a bitch.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

So after the Holy Paladin set bonus nerf (5%, down from 20%), I feel like Holy Priest's goes back to being one of the best... well except for Shaman's "here's a free cooldown!" happy fun times. Maybe I'm just jelly, I dunno.

That said, the Discipline 2pc is now 23 seconds? I thought Discipline was supposed to be 10? Would someone who actually has the 2pc like to clarify what the heck just happened?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    So after the Holy Paladin set bonus nerf (5%, down from 20%), I feel like Holy Priest's goes back to being one of the best... well except for Shaman's "here's a free cooldown!" happy fun times. Maybe I'm just jelly, I dunno.

That said, the Discipline 2pc is now 23 seconds? I thought Discipline was supposed to be 10? Would someone who actually has the 2pc like to clarify what the heck just happened?
    I think that was a typo, because it was the Holy buff that was bugged, not Disc so it really doesn't make sense what that says. Should say "Non-Discipline"
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

That is the first thing I thought too "Oh jolly this time they couldn't even be bothered to type "non" before discipline"... I assume it is supposed to say "holy" in there...

Oh and nobody mentioned but Heart of the Unliving also grants 323 int besides the 880 spirit now )) *happy dance*
    Last edited by Dianthe; 2011-12-07 at 11:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oex View Post
    That's not correct.

They increased the "melee" ones .. Furry, Arms, Rogue and Hunter (BM!).
    While I know this is not strictly relevant to the thread, I had to clear this up. The mortal strike effects buffed to 25% in 4.3 were for fury warriors, arms warriors, all rogues and all hunters, not just BM. Fury attacks proc the MS effect, Arms uses mortal strike of course, rogues apply wound poision, and hunters use the widow venom shot, their MS is no longer linked to aimed shot. BM hunters also have access to the pet ability 'monstrous bite', which does the same thing.

Mortal strike effects that remain at 10% are permafrost for frost mages, and improved mind blast for shadow priests. Basically Blizz are trying to dent the dominance of spell-cleaves like shadowplay and MLS.

15+ Year Old Account
    I loooove where Holy is now. Right on spot! Do not touch

They always were, as you said, but with the new encounter design, Mastery, Sanctuary/Serenity, the new Hymn, everything just falls into place, I am so happy

Deleted
    Anyone else got difficulties with Morchok 25 heroic as discipline? We're using 6 healers, 3 on each side.
    I'm not sure what specc to use, AA/Aton or classic...
    AA/Aton has some opportunities but there's a lot of movement, and the stomps come pretty fast after the other..
    But Classic specc seems so powerless to me..
    I run with 18.12 MST, 17.25% CRT and 9.55% HST and I'm using Moonwell Chalice and Foul Gift of the Demon Lord trinkets.

Deleted
    Downed it yesterday and it was very frustrating, because it would seem I would always be running and couldn't do shit. Also my computer is so fucked in 25-man :S

Next week I'll try to go full HST for him. AA/A is ok since you have some down time when he summons the spikes and the black jelly.

Our DK tank were taking so much damage, I recommand SoS and Inspiration. Also, mana shouldn't be a problem and don't hesitate to FH.
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2011-12-08 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    Downed it yesterday and it was very frustrating, because it would seem I would always be running and couldn't do shit. Also my computer is so fucked in 25-man :S

Next week I'll try to go full HST for him. AA/A is ok since you have some down time when he summons the spikes and the black jelly.

Our DK tank were taking so much damage, I recommand SoS and Inspiration.
    Very frustrating indeed, i felt pretty crap yesterday >_< Yes there is downtime when he summons the spikes, but is AA/Aton rly gonna be worth it Oo My gm asked me to sort a Holy spec... And i hvnt played holy since beginning of wrath .. So i said im gonna try to sort it out as disc.

And HST vs MST..... Idk.. it's basicly trading one for the other :-s

Deleted
    Holy could actually be quite nice on this boss because of B&S which could give you more time to actually cast.

Deleted
    Holy could actually be quite nice on this boss because of B&S which could give you more time to actually cast.
    Might be but i can't just switch up in 1h

Except you have to drop B&S mostly for other talents with our current trees... POOP... and 1 pt in B&S is weak as shit

You can always drop inspiration if you raid 25 man and you have shammies in your healing team, since their revamped inspiration is considerably better than the one we bring. Another option would be to drop Blessed Resilience - discipline runs without Focused Will or BR all the time and are just fine so while I see it as a cool increased survival ability I personally don't find it good enough to drop BS for... Then again it might be just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianthe View Post
    You can always drop inspiration if you raid 25 man and you have shammies in your healing team, since their revamped inspiration is considerably better than the one we bring. Another option would be to drop Blessed Resilience - discipline runs without Focused Will or BR all the time and are just fine so while I see it as a cool increased survival ability I personally don't find it good enough to drop BS for... Then again it might be just me.
    Oh trust me I want B&S... but healing officer wants me to have Inspiration, personally I think it's a waste of points, but whatever. You still have to spend points down there to get up the tree :X

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    but healing officer wants me to have Inspiration
    Sounds like a case of old habits dying hard :/

Deleted
    What about dropping Holy words for this particular fight? You rarely stack up long enough at the same place to benefit from HW:S.

Something ~like that: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfhrroorofdohVzV0q

(Let's not discuss Dp vs SoL ^^)
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2011-12-08 at 06:33 PM.

What about dropping Holy words for this particular fight? You rarely stack up long enough at the same place to benefit from HW:S.

Something ~like that: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfhrroorofdohVzV0q

(Let's not discuss Dp vs SoL ^^)
    Are we talking about Morchok? You definitely want Desperate Prayer. I guess you could drop the Holy Words.. I only used HW:Sanc at the start and then 2 other times towards the end. I didn't need B&S though because the healers were stationary, not taking crystals at all.

All I did was absorb the stomp. I was not asked to run to the crystals, so I was able to spam PoH/CoH on the groups.

Also, Glyph Inner Fire. The stomp is physical damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Oh trust me I want B&S... but healing officer wants me to have Inspiration, personally I think it's a waste of points, but whatever. You still have to spend points down there to get up the tree :X
    You could drop 1% haste, 1 point of Mental Agility, or my personal choice would be in dropping Rapid Renewal.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    You could drop 1% haste, 1 point of Mental Agility, or my personal choice would be in dropping Rapid Renewal.
    Pre-hotting Renew is pretty OP on Morchok... I refuse to drop 1% haste or mental agi... there really aren't that many instances in this tier anyways where B&S is useful except maybe black phase Zon'ozz and Warmaster... it's super useful on Hagara and I'll definitely have it there but I shouldn't even have had the 1pt in it for Morchok tbh.