Deleted

Computer not turning off its self

Basically when i click shut down it goes through the windows is shutting down part then it freezes there., leading to me having to turn it off at the back since holding the power button down at the front dosent work. when i turn it on the following day/later that day it says cmos defaults failed to update and have to push f1 to continue when it all loads up the date is wrong it goes back to 2008 the time also always changes to 00:00 so i have to keep setting all that stuff every time i turn my comp off. It dosent have that effect if i push the button on the front of the machince to reset it though..any ideas what could be causing this as im getting annoyed with it and have never been able to find a solution to it thanks in advance/

I remember having similar problems , along with PC turning off after some time

How old is your PC? In my case i needed to replace the CMOS Battery on the motherboard , Cheap and easy to replace.

Deleted
    Looks like you need to get a new CMOS battery. Happened to my old comp, fixed after getting new battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Kseux View Post
    Looks like you need to get a new CMOS battery. Happened to my old comp, fixed after getting new battery.
    +1

Eventually your PC will start turning off by it self , replacing the CMOS battery will fix it. It's cheap and easy to replace

Deleted
    ah i wondered if that was the case gonna tare another comp apart to get the battery tyvm mates you saved my day

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 05:29 PM ----------

ok just put a new battery in is there anything i need todo to get it turning off by its self cause i turned it off after sorting date/time out and it froze on the windows is shutting down..does it take a while to get use to new battery ?