Page 1 of 3
LastLast

` unbindable? (Key left of 1, and above TAB on a UK Layout Keyboard)

Did anyone else have this issue? I could type it into the chat and stuff, so the game clearly recognises it, but you can't bind it at all :/

Deleted
    I've been using the " ` " tilde key since TBC for my mage as Arcane Explosion, never once had a problem binding it for other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    I've been using the " ` " tilde key since TBC for my mage as Arcane Explosion, never once had a problem binding it for other classes.
    Hi, this is the SWTOR forum, hence you can assume I am referring to SWTOR. Not WoW.

Deleted
    You'r not alone :/

it has been unbindable since start .
    You can bind it , but it sticks to submiting a ticket ( at least for me )

15+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed some binding issues with the quickslot bar aswell it was really annoying me beyond belief
    Last edited by Zhaine; 2011-11-29 at 03:33 PM.

I would double check to make sure you dont have it set up to some odd function outside of the game that would mess it up, I know I have run into that issue with a few odd keyboard keys or mouse buttons. If thats not the case ` and ~ should work fine. I use both of them with my current set up no without any issues. Best of luck on cracking the case whatever the issue might be.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    Hi, this is the SWTOR forum, hence you can assume I am referring to SWTOR. Not WoW.
    Your post if you knew or not show'd up on the front page of mmo-champ which has no swtor info, so someone looking at your topic and just replying prob didn't see swtor.

I could also not bind an action button to CTRL+A or CTRL+D.

The game will recognize the keys as bound, and the short-cut text will show on the button. Yet pressing CTRL+D does nothing, and CTRL+A will still toggle Ambient Sound rather than using the ability.

Deleted
    I reported it as a bug. Either they fix it, or they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    Its not the tilde key... "~" is a tilde.

As for the OP... "`" is used as the key to open the dev console in a lot of games. Maybe this is why you can bind it, just a thought.

Deleted
    It seems keys that are "binded" to things that you cannot rebind ( Disabling sound etc ) aren't bindable.

the key left to 1 is binded to the submit a ticket , so even if you try to make a new keybind it will be stuck with the original one.

Quote Originally Posted by Freetobe View Post
    It seems keys that are "binded" to things that you cannot rebind ( Disabling sound etc ) aren't bindable.

the key left to 1 is binded to the submit a ticket , so even if you try to make a new keybind it will be stuck with the original one.
    The key on my client bound to ticketing is \ the key left of Z. As I say, this is on a UK layout keyboard, and I think this is important here. US ones are slightly different.

Though I should point I could also not bind that key either, or rather, I could, but it would still open up the ticket window.

Quote Originally Posted by aim View Post
    Its not the tilde key... "~" is a tilde.

As for the OP... "`" is used as the key to open the dev console in a lot of games. Maybe this is why you can bind it, just a thought.
    Very good point, that's probably why it doesn't work.

I certainly hope this changes by launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aim View Post
    Damn you Elder Scrolls!

That key is so useful for binding things.

Anyway, back to playing, yeah you guessed it, Skyrim *grumble*

Deleted
    This upset me a bit too, I've always used that as my mount keybind, as well as \ for autorun, which was also unable to be bound (It showed it as registering, but when it was pressed it opened the Customer Service window instead). Shame it was those two, because they're universal buttons for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had no trouble binding it. I set it to auto-run in every game. Worked for swtor as well. Is my keyboard a magical keyboard o.0?

I could'nt bind "target nearest enemy". Also reported it.. Was quite annoying to be honest. I had to click all my enemies all the time, I'd rather not do that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god, this has annoyed me for countless months. I really hope they fix it because I quite like that bind for reactive abilities like High Impact Bolt etc.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed

US Keyboard, ` is left of 1 and in the beta it shifted the companion action bar from it's own bar to the left or to the center bar and vice versa.

I didn't try binding it, there just weren't a lot of keybind options IMO so I didn't bother, but that might be why.

(I like binding the "lock/unlock action bar" for when I'm shifting stuff around and didn't see that option. Didn't see Autorun at a glance either, but like I said, I just stopped looking after a bit to play more of it.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freetobe View Post
    You'r not alone :/

it has been unbindable since start .
    You can bind it , but it sticks to submiting a ticket ( at least for me )
    Yep same here. Very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    I could also not bind an action button to CTRL+A or CTRL+D.

The game will recognize the keys as bound, and the short-cut text will show on the button. Yet pressing CTRL+D does nothing, and CTRL+A will still toggle Ambient Sound rather than using the ability.
    THIS ^
    So much this. I've complained about this everywhere I can. I has to be fixed. You need to be able to press down ctrl and move at the same time. Otherwise you can't use your spells on the fly like a shadow for example needs to if he wants to get behind his target. Atm pressing ctrl stops all movement to left and right.

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking