Help with Terraria Server

Hi, I need help setting up a Terraria server. I run the Server-start.bat file it starts etc and I can log in with 2 instances of Terraria running. but when my friend tries to connect with the IP 127.0.0.1 that is provided it will not connect for him. I have tried my IP as well, still nothing. What am I doing wrong? I have look at guides, port forwarded.... I am lost

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    127.0.0.1 is the internal IP address. What you want to do is go to www.whatismyip.com, and give your friend that. Also make sure you have forwarded the ports or it will not work.

Deleted
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 /nerd

This is called localhost, and is your own machine. This address is internal. Somebody connecting to 127.0.0.1, always connects to their own machine.
    That should get you the idea why your friend can't connect to the address. (Assuming he connects from a different PC)

I have no experience in setting up a Terraria server, but from your message, I do suspect a firewall problem.

Check the terraria website for the settings (eg. ports) you need, and check if you use something different as a firewall on your machine and/or router/modem...

Questions:
    - From where does your friend try to connect to your machine? Is this on your local network (in your house), or externally (across the internet)
    - Does he get an error (if so, which one) while trying to connect to your (external) IP address.
    - Could find more questions, but lets kick off here.

.. good luck ..