Thread: elvui help?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    High Overlord Hybridpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    101
    I have the most annoying problem however, which is not me being lazy. My "Toggle Anchors" button does NOTHING, so I can't move anything around >_>

    Halp?
    Like dragons they fly, glory upon wings. Like dragons they savage, fearsome pretty things.

    Rodvitner - Warrior <The Maelstrom>

  2. #22
    Mechagnome shootyadead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    584
    Just a little heads up guys/gals. If you don't like the v3.0 you can go to wowinterface.com and download the version that was 4.2.2 compatible from there and it'll go right back to the way it was. Skada/recount/etc still fits on the right and you can do everything exactly the same as before. I did this and don't plan to go to v3.0 until something drastically is changed/fixed with it.

  3. #23
    The Patient Ketsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    313
    How to get bag bar? Anyone?
    11th best Holy Paladin in the world?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketsis View Post
    How to get bag bar? Anyone?
    Open bag inventory...in the upper portion of the frame you will notice 3 small "bars" one of them toggles bag...hope i helped

  5. #25
    I can't configure my ElvUI at all, when I type /elvui nothing's happening. and all my bars, chat window are reset. How to configure it?
    Come and see my YouTube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrXaryon

    Like it, subscribe it, leave a comment - everything will be appreciated


  6. #26
    It still amazes me that people seek help here rather than on the dedicated pages for the UI. Yes, Elv 3.0 is vastly different in construction than Elv 2.2.x (which does still work as mentioned above). It takes a bit of time to set it up, but it is immeasurably more configurable than its predecessor. Elv did a number of videos that show exactly how to adjust action bars, etc and they should all available on the forum pages for his UI. I'd provide the link but I don't have enough postings yet. Go to tukui.org and navigate to the forums. Then go to Elv's forum pages and take advantage of the experience of the people that helped write the UI.

    I will agree that the resetting of UI every time he releases a new patch is extremely annoying. I had to walk four of my guildies through the process of setting it up last night prior to raiding.

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 09:20 AM ----------

    Sithlord666 (and anyone else having issues getting to the config pages): At the bottom right corner of the mini-map is a box with a 'C' in it. Click the 'C' or type /ec to get into the configuration menus.
    Last edited by Junkdepot; 2011-11-30 at 03:04 PM. Reason: fixed an error in Tuk's site link.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.

  7. #27
    The Patient Ketsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    313
    Also how will you get castbar showing time remaining instead of time that you have been casting?
    11th best Holy Paladin in the world?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybridpsycho
    I have the most annoying problem however, which is not me being lazy. My "Toggle Anchors" button does NOTHING, so I can't move anything around >_>
    Try typing
    Code:
    /moveui
    This might work.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sithlord666
    I can't configure my ElvUI at all, when I type /elvui nothing's happening. and all my bars, chat window are reset. How to configure it?
    If you are using the new one, there should be a button on the minimap. A small square button, I think it says "c" on it, click it, the options will show up (I think)

    Hope this helps!

    As someone else asked before, please let me know if there is a way to change the sizes for the buffs/debuffs on the unitframes.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by zakalwei View Post
    does this help: http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=17551 or are you on a laptop :P
    LOL...well, I am on a laptop. However, middle clicking on the mmap does work for me, so thanks.

    Still would like my bar back... >.>
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    ******
    Remember 3.0.......

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen View Post
    Still would like my bar back... >.>
    maybe this will help: https://github.com/Elv22/Tukui/commi...1d0a373e6124a0

    taken from: http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=17536

  11. #31
    I use ElvUI, but after 3.0 completely erased my action bar positioning after I learned how it all works (I switched to non-grouped bags, which prompted a UI reset, which in turn destroyed all my changes), I restored my Interface and WTF folder backups.

    I'll wait until 3.0 is a bit more stable.

    A note for anyone who visits the official ElvUI forum: Elv, like Tukz, is a bit of a nozzle. As in he doesn't take criticism well, regardless of how well given and intended. And while I understand his/her/its anger at having people moan about something he provides for free, his anger see-saws between warranted and unwarranted. Be warned.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    @eon drache.. sweet cheers,,, but yea took ages to get it how it was, had it lookin awesome.. now gotta fekk aboot wiv it all again.. sweet keybind addition tho

    what annoyed me now is i just spent an hour odd just now doing it, log out, curse is still open and YEY another update for it lol "any changes you made will be reset" woopee lol.. cant wait to logon tomoro n do it all again. ty mr elv.
    Honestly, if I knew much about coding enough to add the button from Ultraxion to it, and fix the map, I would use the 2.0 version as I had it exactly how I wanted. I bought a lua programming book to try to learn for $15. 3.0 just isn't going the way I had thought it would. Hopefully it gets better as more additions are added. I do miss the bottom 4 slots for the data texts.

  13. #33
    The new elv ui is soo good, soo many awsome customisations. Its alot better than 2.4.4

    Just take the time and have a look around playing with settings, I sent 1hour sorting my ui and tis nearly perfect now. and def better than before 4.3
    My Main: Sundee - Holy Pala - Al'Akir EU.
    My Live stream - http://www.twitch.tv/iamsundee - Please come and watch and support my raids/other stuff!

  14. #34
    what I'm having trouble with is that not everything is "turn off" -able like it was before. I have a chat bug I'm working on, and I'm working on getting more than 1 action bar to cycle when I shapeshift. doable I think, just more complicated than in other bar mods like dominos (which is what I used with Elv before 3.0)

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    Just a little heads up guys/gals. If you don't like the v3.0 you can go to wowinterface.com and download the version that was 4.2.2 compatible from there and it'll go right back to the way it was. Skada/recount/etc still fits on the right and you can do everything exactly the same as before. I did this and don't plan to go to v3.0 until something drastically is changed/fixed with it.
    Can you direct me to this as I'm on wowinterface and looking at all addons by Elv22 and can't find it.

  16. #36
    I am Murloc! Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    5,675
    Is it a bug that you can only track 2 quests at a time? No matter what i do, i cant track more then 2 quests on the quest tracker.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    A note for anyone who visits the official ElvUI forum: Elv, like Tukz, is a bit of a nozzle. As in he doesn't take criticism well, regardless of how well given and intended.
    I don't know about Elv, but not for me. Please stop making false statement.

  18. #38
    Elv released a updated version of the older Elvui (before 3.0), because of people complaining. Version 3.0 is not exactly done yet and he works like a madman making it complete (as 3.0 is a complete revamp of 2.0, so functions currently are missing). Here's the link to Elvui Lite .

    http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=17947

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Is it a bug that you can only track 2 quests at a time? No matter what i do, i cant track more then 2 quests on the quest tracker.
    I have the same issue, pretty annoying. Hope it'll get fixed soon!

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Justaway View Post
    Elv released a updated version of the older Elvui (before 3.0), because of people complaining. Version 3.0 is not exactly done yet and he works like a madman making it complete (as 3.0 is a complete revamp of 2.0, so functions currently are missing). Here's the link to Elvui Lite .

    http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=17947
    This has made me very happy, it has everything I needed without all the hassle of V3!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •