Only tank 1h off deathwing?

So far from what I've seen there is no tank 1h other than the Souldrinker and it has no stats just life steal. I prefer to have a mastery, dodge, parry or I would even settle for hit. Please if I am wrong let me know.

Nope, you're right. Just the Souldrinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Krockalith View Post
    Please if I am wrong let me know.
    Yes you're wrong if you're assuming that a weapon with secondary stats would be better. The healing proc is pretty strong, especially considering that the secondary stat budget of a weapon isn't that impressive to begin with. While there is plenty of room for disagreement of the relative value of the proc vs secondary stats, as comparing it to mastery or avoidance is kind of apples and oranges, it is illogical to completely dismiss the proc out of general principle.

lol healing a percent of your health versus like 50 mastery 50 dodge? yeah I'll take the heal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardone View Post
    lol healing a percent of your health versus like 50 mastery 50 dodge? yeah I'll take the heal.
    The regular beth sword has 126 Dodge rating and 99 mastery rating. You are giving up over 200 mitigation points for a proc that is approx 3k dmg and 6 k heal (will mostly be overhealing). In current gear for myself it's the equivalent of giving up 1.6% mitigation.

That is quite allot when you are min maxing your CTC cap and trying to juggle the best trinkets per encounter for a small dps boost and slight heal that can proc when you are at 100% health.

I can imagine that tanks (Assuming Pally and Warr), clearing up and through Deathwing, might become closer or far beyond avoidance cap of 102.4% That being said you might grow tired of PURE avoidance because you are having to gem and reforge out of avoidance stats. By that point a weapon with a heal proc might be a breath if fresh air. I guess what I mean to say is: don't knock it until you try it. You just might like it by that point.

I have faith in my healers they've proven themselves on multiple occasions. I would much rather have the mitigation than the chance on attack to heal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siafubringer View Post
    I can imagine that tanks (Assuming Pally and Warr), clearing up and through Deathwing, might become closer or far beyond avoidance cap of 102.4% That being said you might grow tired of PURE avoidance because you are having to gem and reforge out of avoidance stats. By that point a weapon with a heal proc might be a breath if fresh air. I guess what I mean to say is: don't knock it until you try it. You just might like it by that point.
    I just fail to see why you would take a non stat weapon in that case when you could keep it and use the bonus stats you get from keeping it and then start to regem towards stam and or pick up one of the stam trinkets while maintaining your ctc.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    The regular beth sword has 126 Dodge rating and 99 mastery rating. You are giving up over 200 mitigation points for a proc that is approx 3k dmg and 6 k heal (will mostly be overhealing). In current gear for myself it's the equivalent of giving up 1.6% mitigation.

That is quite allot when you are min maxing your CTC cap and trying to juggle the best trinkets per encounter for a small dps boost and slight heal that can proc when you are at 100% health.
    My paladin was CTC capped with a mix of 378 and 391 gear. If you are struggling to hit the CTC cap with 397+ iLvl gear then you are doing something extraordinarily wrong. If you still need more mastery to hit CTC cap with full 397 gear then you should be asking why you are wearing 7 pieces of dps gear instead of actual tank gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardone View Post
    Exactly. Tested the LFR version on the PTR. 1-1.5k HPS self healing from the weapon as a warrior tank single target, would vary depending on the class. AoE situations like trash, I was seeing as high as 4-5k HPS which is VERY significant.

Deleted
    The only viable use for this weapon will be Baleroc farming. Seriously. Simply thinking about this almost makes me sooo excited!

Other than that, I'd probably prefer the DPS 1h with DPS stats... as long as one of it is mastery or even hit/expertise and I can reforge out of the other.