Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    lot of pre-orders doesnt equal to good game.

The poll on the official forums says digital download or OTHER ONLINE RETAILER. I, for instance, ordered a physical copy from Amazon (an online retailer) so I would have marked the 2nd poll option.

10+ Year Old Account
    A breath of fresh air seeing posts where people say that while they won't be playing TOR, they hope others enjoy/love it AND wish it well.

Thank you.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

15+ Year Old Account
    Its possible the numbers lies and its even higher, didn't think of that one did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeniff View Post
    The poll on the official forums says digital download or OTHER ONLINE RETAILER. I, for instance, ordered a physical copy from Amazon (an online retailer) so I would have marked the 2nd poll option.
    The figures now make much more sense! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Skyrim,BF3,MW3 disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Well done for listing some games you consider good (aren't BF3 and MW3 supposed to be really mediocre shooters?) which had a lot of pre-orders. Doesn't change the fact that Thompson's statement is correct. Having alot of pre-orders does not mean a game is any good. The ones you mentioned could have been utter dogshit and still sold well, simply because the previous games have a ton of fans, just like SWTOR. Alot of people pre-ordered it while the NDA was in effect and hadn't played it, just because they thought it could be good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Well done for listing some games you consider good (aren't BF3 and MW3 supposed to be really mediocre shooters?) which had a lot of pre-orders. Doesn't change the fact that Thompson's statement is correct. Having alot of pre-orders does not mean a game is any good. The ones you mentioned could have been utter dogshit and still sold well, simply because the previous games have a ton of fans, just like SWTOR. Alot of people pre-ordered it while the NDA was in effect and hadn't played it, just because they thought it could be good.
    BF3 is awesome dont go that way, in balancing right now, but that does not mean the game is mediocre.

Mw3 on other hand.. They should have done a dlc for the 2nd.. Which is the first dlc old map from the 2nd!

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    None of those are MMO's. Up front sales figures aren't worth jack compared to long term subscribers. How many of WoW's current subscribers started at launch and are still playing?
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    True, but then, a good game is bound to have a lot more pre-orders than a bad game, so it's a positive regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    BF3 is awesome dont go that way, in balancing right now, but that does not mean the game is mediocre.

Mw3 on other hand.. They should have done a dlc for the 2nd.. Which is the first dlc old map from the 2nd!
    To be fair, I haven't played more than the multiplayer beta of BF3 (which was meh), so it's mostly based on what I've heard from friends, or reactions I've seen on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by krono957 View Post
    your name makes me laugh, like a lot, excellent reference
    I didn't know the reference, so I googled Fiddlesnarf and got his OKCupid dating account instead.

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by orren77 View Post
    True, but then, a good game is bound to have a lot more pre-orders than a bad game, so it's a positive regardless.
    I heard Rage was pretty good, no? /s

Right, but...it doesn't mean it's bad either? I don't understand your reason for posting that comment. Well, ok, actually I do. Passive-aggressive smack talk is fun.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the podcast today, the guys at Darth Hater said the projected beta testers this past weekend was upwards of 1.5 million... i'm sure a lot of people buying this game didn't participate in the beta process, or may not even know. I think it's gonna hit 3 million easily in 3 months.

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 04:51 PM ----------

true, but having been in beta for some time now, i KNOW it's a great game... and will be successful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    On the podcast today, the guys at Darth Hater said the projected beta testers this past weekend was upwards of 1.5 million... i'm sure a lot of people buying this game didn't participate in the beta process, or may not even know. I think it's gonna hit 3 million easily in 3 months.

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 04:51 PM ----------

true, but having been in beta for some time now, i KNOW it's a great game... and will be successful.
    Speaking of DH what the fuck is up with the website? can't seem to get on