Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Parent's forcing me to do sport's.

Hey guys im 15 and my parents are making me run track for the school. I did track freshman year and they know I hate all sports because it's just not me. They still make me do it, and when ever I try to talk it about it, it turns into a big fight. It's not like im over weight or failing any classes. Also I have friend's and go out every weekend. I just think it's unfair I have to do sports if I dont want to.

Just find a sport you like... I don't enjoy most sports but I LOVE playing hockey with friends during the winter. You can also try the gym.

Ask them if you can just join a gym or something instead. The gym is great. Alot of hot girls O_o

Good for them. Just suck it up, find a sport you like. Exercise is good for you.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Thanks for the answers, but they want me to do something with the school. I don't know why it matters I would love to go to the gym every day after school. I got no option's I suppose.

The question is, what are you doing if not doing sports, at your age? Going out, studying, doing other hobbies, or just spending every free hour playing games and watching TV?

You don't have to run track, but at your age, doing a sport that you enjoy is extremely important for muscular and overall body development. First, for your growth, and second, shallow girls love fit guys. You can get a lot of easy sex this way.

TRUST me man, I've been there. Just find a sport you enjoy, and do it. Don't waste your time in front of a LED screen, you will regret that wasted time, especially at your age.

And make proper use of grammar damn it!

Lol thanks, but I don't like any sports trust me ive tried em all(football,baseball,basketball,track etc.) Its not like i'm weak or something I don't like sports. You got any idea's for other stuff for me to do?

Bargain with them. I would suggest martial arts or swimming. Both are great skills to have and are very relaxing (yes even martial arts).

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis71 View Post
    Just find a sport you like... I don't enjoy most sports but I LOVE playing hockey with friends during the winter. You can also try the gym.
    You only play hockey during the winter in canada?

I am in Australia and I play ice-hockey @ an icehouse all year round even when its 40 degrees Celsius days. Don't see why you'd need to wait for winter.

I think young people greatly underestimate the advantages of doing sport while young, esspecially competitive sports and really esspecially team sports. Not only is doing sports good for your health, but it is good for your brain, it increases bloodflow around your body and your brain and actually can help improve concenteration in normal class. Team sports helps build group work skills and can lead to important leadership skills. For those older people sitting in the office, think about your boss... I can almost guarantee that he plays sports or played sports when he was younger. I am a little biased in my opinion as I trained to be a PE teacher, but even then, pretty much all head teachers or head of departments used to or still play competitive sports.
    On another note to those saying you should just join the gym, I would actually not recomend this (for anyone under 16/17 years old) and instead would recomend doing somethign with other people.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    The question is, what are you doing if not doing sports, at your age? Going out, studying, doing other hobbies, or just spending every free hour playing games and watching TV?

You don't have to run track, but at your age, doing a sport that you enjoy is extremely important for muscular and overall body development. First, for your growth, and second, shallow girls love fit guys. You can get a lot of easy sex this way.

TRUST me man, I've been there. Just find a sport you enjoy, and do it. Don't waste your time in front of a LED screen, you will regret that wasted time, especially at your age.

And make proper use of grammar damn it!
    because telling a 15 year old to try to get easy sex it great advice inorite... -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Karate would be great for you. How could you not like to eventually walk around without a fear in the world? More points with girlies, too. But I think you mentioned your parents wanted a school sport, right? So.. idk then. Played soccer for 13 years and ran hurdles for 6. Loved it! Anyway.. ski club? Snowboarding? They can't legally force you, so, I'd work on a compromise of some sort. A job if you don't have one, drink some protein and get your swell on every day? There are worse things to worry about in life, make it work bro.

Yeah, I have ideas... you like stuff like breakdancing/hip hop? There's a lot of exercise in things like that because there's a lot of movement. It's not a sport, but just as good. Um, skip rope lol? It's insane cardio. Karate/Judo/martial arts in general.

Otherwise in the sports section there's swimming, badminton/tennis, soccer, wall climbing, hockey...

Or you can just start doing push-ups/sit-ups every day morning and night, just do them properly, at your age with your hormones by the time you get to do 30 push ups properly and regularly your hormones will supercharge your muscles.

Or yeah, try a gym if appeals to you.

Deleted
    If your parents are forcing you to do physical activities you don't want to do, you can probably sue them.

But on a serious note, talk to them, tell them how you feel and that you would be willing to compromise. If your parents don't trust you to actually go do the sport YOU chose to make them be quiet about it, then they are the ones with a problem, not you.
    Ever tried gymnastics? That feeling when you fly through the air is just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    because telling a 15 year old to try to get easy sex it great advice inorite... -_-
    You're right. OP, remember to use protection.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesflames77 View Post
    Hey guys im 15 and my parents are making me run track for the school. I did track freshman year and they know I hate all sports because it's just not me. They still make me do it, and when ever I try to talk it about it, it turns into a big fight. It's not like im over weight or failing any classes. Also I have friend's and go out every weekend. I just think it's unfair I have to do sports if I dont want to.
    You got 2 choices here mate.

You can choose a sport that you'd like the most.

Or you can watch what you eat for the rest of your life if you dont want to be overweight, or unhealthy (you dont have to be overweight to be unhealthy).

Just choose a sport, any sport. Besides your parents wants whats best for you, so it is not forcing you to do sport at all. They just trying to help you have a healthy life, so do not blame them for anything.

Edit: My sport is Gym, and Kendo.
    Last edited by Moon-Man; 2011-11-30 at 04:27 AM.

Do you think this would work? Every day after school I go to to the gym which is about 5 minutes away. Then I walk home from there with my school stuff which is about a 30 minutes walk. I go snowboarding with my friend about 25 times in the winter season. The only thing they got on me is that damn doing a school sport will help you get into college.

Id reccomend tennis. Dont have to work out (much) & its more about strategy than running fast or hitting people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn parents, so glad i dont need to listen to mine anymore. Well mom was always awesome, but my stepfather is another story ^_^

Pushing your kids to do crap they obviously do not enjoy is just wrong.
    But tell your belowed parents, that you will start with chess. Chess is infact a sport, recognised by the IOC.

Then ofcourse you need to do the best trollface ever, and say "problem?" and "umad?".

If they dont stop pushing you around you should pick a sport that you find least lame, that you can manage to bother with.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesflames77 View Post
    Do you think this would work? Every day after school I go to to the gym which is about 5 minutes away. Then I walk home from there with my school stuff which is about a 30 minutes walk. I go snowboarding with my friend about 25 times in the winter season. The only thing they got on me is that damn doing a school sport will help you get into college.
    yea, this is true... Colleges/Universities like to see students take an active role in their schools whither it be sports clubs/teams, choir, or other school run clubs.