10+ Year Old Account

[Video] Star Wars Gameplay!

Hello guys...

Here's a bit of gameplay and an introduction movie to the very famous game Star Wars: The Old Republic!

This was recorded during the beta testing and I have finally put it together into a sizeable video. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDHi2w90wCA

NOTE:

This video is one of the first I have recorded, so feedback would be appreciated as I do intend to make more of these videos after the release aswell!
    Last edited by TheMorty; 2011-11-30 at 08:27 AM.

Way too many "uh"s and "ummm"s. Have what you want to say planned out. Rehearse and/or re-record if you have to.

15+ Year Old Account
    At about 3:56 something weird happened. looked like an editing error.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear, you are absolutelly right, shewkoi!

I'm not really sure what has happened there to be very honest. Will see if I can fix that problem.

@unholytestament

You might be right about that. Unfortunatelly I recorded this at the very last hours of the Beta and didn't have too much time on my hands. Thanks for the tip though!

The intro was cool, but too long. Actually, you should have condensed the whole video down into about 5 minutes, it would have been more effective.

You have a great voice for narrating videos. Just make sure you know what you're going to say ahead of time.

Excellent video quality, thanks for the 1080p.

PS: Yeah, there's a lot to want to say especially in a new game, but it's just my personal preference to see shorter clips of specific topics, unless what you are doing is a complete walk-through. That's just my personal opinion though!
    Last edited by Littleshashi; 2011-11-30 at 06:08 AM.

I haven't watched the entire video yet, but I am viewing it and can already mention something others have mentioned to verify it as a form of feedback.

You should try to stay precise and avoid all the "uhm's" and "uuuhh's" that repeat themselves. It is something you can tweak out by adding some kind of humor on the spot, sidetracking for a brief second to make others laugh of something you spot in the game until you get back on the path if you forgot what to say or feel very nervous. The best way is to make more videos of it and get used to doing it though.

Other than that you have a fairly comfortable voice for making introduction-videos or commentary of gameplay. It's not naggy and annoying but fairly relaxed, although suffering from a little variation in quality depending on volume and the pitch of your voice. What you lack is a little bit of charisma, but you shouldn't overdo that by being someone you are not, play on your own personality imo.

Overall: I have seen far worse.

A final tip for me is to avoid what some doesn't manage: negative comments about others and excessive whining while making a commentary. You don't seem to suffer of it in the beginning, but I haven't seen the entire video yet so I feel like mentioning it.

You should try to make more videos and practise a little if it is something you want to do.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Offsurface View Post

@unholytestament

You might be right about that. Unfortunatelly I recorded this at the very last hours of the Beta and didn't have too much time on my hands. Thanks for the tip though!
    I think unholy might have meant that you should consider recording your game footage and prepared/rehearsed commentary separately, not to repeat the entire processing of capturing footage while doing live commentary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for your responses. I'll try to keep it in mind what you do reply to this!

I'm not sure how well it would be if I recoreded voice after the footage, as I would most likelly demonstrate with the mouse aswell and get it synchronized with the video.

But I could always practice or rehearse a bit before so that the people can avoid hearing all those 'Uhms'. I do agree on that one!

I blame the stress of that it was just about an hour or two left of the Beta when I recorded this.

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 07:32 PM ----------

Working on the next pieces of video to record!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atelniar View Post

A final tip for me is to avoid what some doesn't manage: negative comments about others and excessive whining while making a commentary. You don't seem to suffer of it in the beginning, but I haven't seen the entire video yet so I feel like mentioning it.

You should try to make more videos and practise a little if it is something you want to do.

Cheers for that response! I'll keep that in mind in the future, and take it with me as I am now planning my next video to show you guys!