Page 1 of 3
LastLast

darkmoon dungeoneer

anyone having any luck with this one. i've ran 4 heroics and havent gotten anything.

I did a heroic last night, and "Imbued crystal" dropped from Queen Azshara.
    I won it, gave me 10 prize tokens.

You can blow through low level dungeons too suppossedly and they drop there

i did a couple of 4.0/4.1 heroics and didnt get squat. then did 4.3 and did the achievement in about 2 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year
    My results so far:

Asira Dawnslayer (HoT) - Ornate Weapon
    Archbishop Benedictus (HoT) - Mysterious Grimoire

I've run a few dungeons today, but nothing has dropped for me so far.

Found two (Treatise and Egg) while doing random heroics on alts. Haven't tried farming low level instances yet. Would be nice if that worked and I could farm BC rep and these quest items in one go.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Found two (Treatise and Egg) while doing random heroics on alts. Haven't tried farming low level instances yet. Would be nice if that worked and I could farm BC rep and these quest items in one go.
    May I ask which boss dropped the Treatise?

got mine in raids
    its rng were those items are dropping

10+ Year Old Account
    I got one from normal 25 shannox, anyone who had the quest could pick it up.

Specific boss types tend to drop specific quest items, but not every boss actually drops anything.
    For example, caster bosses tend to be the ones dropping the Mysterious Grimoire (f.ex Doan in SM:Lib) while demons are dropping the Imbued Crystal. Alliance can also easily go grab Ornate Weapon from the first boss in the Stockades, and I believe at least one of the items drops from the Horde equivalent in Orgrimmar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Demindar View Post
    My results so far:

Asira Dawnslayer (HoT) - Ornate Weapon
    Archbishop Benedictus (HoT) - Mysterious Grimoire
    not gaurnteed drop as 5 mins a go i done Archbishop Benedictus (HoT) and - Mysterious Grimoire[ didnt drop

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    Alliance can also easily go grab Ornate Weapon from the first boss in the Stockades
    Confirmed, did 3 quick runs and it dropped, thanking you muchly!

taken from WOWhead.

Ornate Weapon Stormwind Stockades (Randolph Muloch) 4/8 drops/kills ---> Why this is my choice? Because it's right in the middle of town.

Imbued Crystal Ragefire Chasm, Taragaman. 2/2 drops/kills ---> Why this is my choice? Because your right in the middle of town
    Second best: Scarlet Monastery (High Inquisitor Whitemane)

Mysterious Grimoire: Zul'Farrak (Hydromancer Velratha) 1/2 drops/kills ---> Why this is my choice? Ride in, kill her, ride out. Shouldn't have to kill any trash.

Monstrous Egg: Zul'Farrak (Gahz'rilla) 1/2 drops/kills ---> Why this is my choice? Ride in, kill & ride out. And you will already be there if you are farming the Grimoire anyways (see above).

A Treatise on Strategy: TBA; I haven't had a chance to find the best place for this one yet. Will update ASAP. It seems this is the only item of the five that cannot be obtainable via farming low level dungeons.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

The dungeon has to be of your level to loot these right? "appropriately-challenging dungeon, raids, and battlegrounds"

nm just saw the post above. time to try out rfc
    Last edited by Alasdair; 2011-12-05 at 06:48 AM.
    "Mitt Romney is a lot like the band Nickelback. They sell a lot of records but I don’t know anybody that has one."

Quote Originally Posted by Sathers View Post
    May I ask which boss dropped the Treatise?
    Found it in the chest of the last boss in Throne of the Tides.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Treaties one dropped for me from commander Springvale in SFK

I'd done all the other dungeons that people have confirmed its drop, and SFK was the last for me and it dropped first time.

As for the raid 1, I was lucky enough to buy it for 3k from some random guy in trade, he didn't even hesitate when I said 3k either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    taken from WOWhead.

Ornate Weapon Stormwind Stockades (Randolph Muloch) 4/8 drops/kills ---> Why this is my choice? Because it's right in the middle of town.

Imbued Crystal Ragefire Chasm, Taragaman. 2/2 drops/kills ---> Why this is my choice? Because your right in the middle of town
    Second best: Scarlet Monastery (High Inquisitor Whitemane)

Mysterious Grimoire: Zul'Farrak (Hydromancer Velratha) 1/2 drops/kills ---> Why this is my choice? Ride in, kill her, ride out. Shouldn't have to kill any trash.

Monstrous Egg: Zul'Farrak (Gahz'rilla) 1/2 drops/kills ---> Why this is my choice? Ride in, kill & ride out. And you will already be there if you are farming the Grimoire anyways (see above).

A Treatise on Strategy: TBA; I haven't had a chance to find the best place for this one yet. Will update ASAP. It seems this is the only item of the five that cannot be obtainable via farming low level dungeons.

Thanks for the qoute.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1o1 View Post
    The Treaties one dropped for me from commander Springvale in SFK

I'd done all the other dungeons that people have confirmed its drop, and SFK was the last for me and it dropped first time.

As for the raid 1, I was lucky enough to buy it for 3k from some random guy in trade, he didn't even hesitate when I said 3k either.
    You paid 3k for it? When the raid one drops, the entire group can loot it. You wouldn't have had to pay anything if you'd just killed a boss for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I havent gotten any yet, but I got the book after we finished raiding and was vp capped so I'm hitting dungeons tonight after work. So I'm hoping for some dropps!